Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Jan 1, 2013
5:35:11 AM
Record a Video on Demand movie.

I am using Windows Media Center to record TV programs and movies from Uverse. Works very well but I am wondering if anyone has figured out how to record VOD's programs. As you know they are shown on channel 1 on the TV it was rented with. I can not find a way to put the VOD on the TV I am recording on. The menu button does not work on WMC so I am not able to bring up and VOD's with WMC.

Help

I am using Windows Media Center to record TV programs and movies from Uverse. Works very well but I am wondering if anyone has figured out how to record VOD's programs. As you know they are shown on channel 1 on the TV it was rented with. I can not find a way to put the VOD on the TV I am recording on. The menu button does not work on WMC so I am not able to bring up and VOD's with WMC.

Help

Accepted Solution

Record a Video on Demand movie.

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2013 5:53:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
marshall212 - Are you saying you are using a PC to view U-verse directly? I thought that was not supported.

I pressed channel 1 & it displays the on-demand screen. I press OK & I get the on-demand menu.

Is that what you are trying ro do without using the menu button?
marshall212 - Are you saying you are using a PC to view U-verse directly? I thought that was not supported.

I pressed channel 1 & it displays the on-demand screen. I press OK & I get the on-demand menu.

Is that what you are trying ro do without using the menu button?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Record a Video on Demand movie.

2 of 10 (4,072 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2013 6:07:06 AM
(0)
Mentor

yes, I record Uverse through a Haupaugge HD PVR. It records any and every channel I have. It will change channels for the next recording. Very nice setup. Forgot to say - the OS is Windows 7 and the app Windows Media Center is part of the OS.

Now, while I can record every channel I subscribe to I can not figure out a way to record the VOD's. To get to the VOD's I need the "Menu" button to work but it (the menu button) does not work with WMC. I should mention that all of this is on my computer - I can watch programs or record them for later viewing.

By using this feature I am able to take the recording when I travel and watch them on my tablet. If you have interest in this I will explain the other program I use to remove the commericals and change the format from .wtv to .mp4. But I stray of my topic. I would like to record the VOD's for later viewing as I do the "regular" movies/programs and that is where I need help.

yes, I record Uverse through a Haupaugge HD PVR. It records any and every channel I have. It will change channels for the next recording. Very nice setup. Forgot to say - the OS is Windows 7 and the app Windows Media Center is part of the OS.

Now, while I can record every channel I subscribe to I can not figure out a way to record the VOD's. To get to the VOD's I need the "Menu" button to work but it (the menu button) does not work with WMC. I should mention that all of this is on my computer - I can watch programs or record them for later viewing.

By using this feature I am able to take the recording when I travel and watch them on my tablet. If you have interest in this I will explain the other program I use to remove the commericals and change the format from .wtv to .mp4. But I stray of my topic. I would like to record the VOD's for later viewing as I do the "regular" movies/programs and that is where I need help.

3 of 10 (4,066 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 1, 2013 6:14:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on Jan 1, 2013 at 6:16:44 AM

marshall212 - OK - You are using an STB. You do not have the ability to send a menu command via the IR blaster.

Did you try my suggested method??

Also, sounds like you are doing this at home. So, just set it up with the regular remote & play it into the PC & record the stream.

marshall212 - OK - You are using an STB. You do not have the ability to send a menu command via the IR blaster.

Did you try my suggested method??

Also, sounds like you are doing this at home. So, just set it up with the regular remote & play it into the PC & record the stream.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 10 (4,060 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2013 6:25:59 AM
(0)
Mentor

Yes, putting it on channel 1 then pressing Menu does work. Very cool. It is recording as we "speak". Thanks for your help.

Yes, putting it on channel 1 then pressing Menu does work. Very cool. It is recording as we "speak". Thanks for your help.

5 of 10 (4,048 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2013 6:29:38 AM
(0)
Mentor

Why does it say I am a visitor?

Why does it say I am a visitor?

6 of 10 (4,043 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2013 6:38:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
marshall212 - Visitor is first level after registration. Not sure of participation requirements to move up to next level.
marshall212 - Visitor is first level after registration. Not sure of participation requirements to move up to next level.

7 of 10 (4,029 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2013 6:41:33 AM
(0)
Mentor

OK, Thanks

OK, Thanks

8 of 10 (4,026 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2014 2:54:21 PM
(0)
Tutor

"By using this feature I am able to take the recording when I travel and watch them on my tablet. If you have interest in this I will explain the other program I use to remove the commericals and change the format from .wtv to .mp4. But I stray of my topic. I would like to record the VOD's for later viewing as I do the "regular" movies/programs and that is where I need help."

I would like to hear your explanation of this.

"By using this feature I am able to take the recording when I travel and watch them on my tablet. If you have interest in this I will explain the other program I use to remove the commericals and change the format from .wtv to .mp4. But I stray of my topic. I would like to record the VOD's for later viewing as I do the "regular" movies/programs and that is where I need help."

I would like to hear your explanation of this.

9 of 10 (2,329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2014 4:46:35 PM
(0)
Tutor
"By using this feature I am able to take the recording when I travel and watch them on my tablet. If you have interest in this I will explain the other program I use to remove the commericals and change the format from .wtv to .mp4. But I stray of my topic."

OK, I figured it out; Hauppauge Colossus, MCEBuddy.

Uverse should really unlock the ability to make a PC a PVR.  It would really open up the features of the system.

"By using this feature I am able to take the recording when I travel and watch them on my tablet. If you have interest in this I will explain the other program I use to remove the commericals and change the format from .wtv to .mp4. But I stray of my topic."

OK, I figured it out; Hauppauge Colossus, MCEBuddy.

Uverse should really unlock the ability to make a PC a PVR.  It would really open up the features of the system.

10 of 10 (2,284 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments