tcsangel2001's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, February 4th, 2016 12:01 AM

Really disappointed with AT&T UVerse On Demand

We just switched to AT&T Uverse from Comcast. Most things are better. However, the UVerse On Demand is seriously sub par to the On Demand we had with Comcast. On Comcast, almost every network had an on demand where we could watch many episodes of our favorite shows. Nothing like this on AT&T at all. Are there any plans to update On Demand and bring us more viewing options??

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Jericonerly12 wrote:

I do npt what to do it do not work right keep cutting off the other tvs when recoring not good helpjust got it help 

@Jericonerly12 

For the benefit of others, I'll translate:

I do not know what to do.  It does not work right.  It keeps cutting off the other TVs when recording. This is not good.  Help.  I just got it.  Help.

OK....this is a 2 yo thread asking about On Demand and your issue seems to be conflicts when recording.  Apples and oranges but I'll explain things to you.

You have a maximum of 4 streams coming in to your home that can either be recorded or watched live. For example, you are already recording 3 programs and watching a live program when another recording attempts to start.  Since you using up all 4 streams (3 recordings + 1 live), you'll get the interrupt TV notice.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

8 years ago

It is what it is. 

We always want more channels, more options, more On Demand.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@tcsangel2001 wrote:
We just switched to AT&T Uverse from Comcast. Most things are better. However, the UVerse On Demand is seriously sub par to the On Demand we had with Comcast. On Comcast, almost every network had an on demand where we could watch many episodes of our favorite shows. Nothing like this on AT&T at all. Are there any plans to update On Demand and bring us more viewing options??

Well, you're speaking to the choir, but would've known if you investigated Uverse first.  How can the Uverse w/a 9-10 years of service compare to Comcrap w/30 years of VOD experience?

Will say in my 7 1/2 years I've seen it grow from nearly nothing to leaps and bounds to where it is today.  Give Uverse 30 years, they would probably go past where Comcrap is now.

But that may come true earlier w/the Home Media Gateway ATT has coming out soon. 

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/att-stop-investing-u-verse-cpe-will-move-new-home-architecture-using-direct/2015-08-12

Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

8 years ago

Same here. Went to watch the first episode of Colony on USA. Ended up watching a really crappy SD version. Went to my boyfriends place where he has Verizon fios and was able to watch all the episodes in HD. Wish we could switch. Too bad they won't put lines in each other's "territory". ATT was in our neighborhood first so it's what we are stuck with.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

8 years ago

@mibrnsurg wrote:

@tcsangel2001 wrote:

Well, you're speaking to the choir, but would've known if you investigated Uverse first.  How can the Uverse w/a 9-10 years of service compare to Comcrap w/30 years of VOD experience?

Will say in my 7 1/2 years I've seen it grow from nearly nothing to leaps and bounds to where it is today.  Give Uverse 30 years, they would probably go past where Comcrap is now.

But that may come true earlier w/the Home Media Gateway ATT has coming out soon. 

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/att-stop-investing-u-verse-cpe-will-move-new-home-architecture-using-direct/2015-08-12

Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Didn't the FCC tell Comcast to stop claiming they had "the most On Demand choices" because most of those alleged "choices" were nothing but 3-5 minute videos of "how to operate your remote" or "what to do when your equipment stops working?" help-type videos that most people would never watch?

I know my previous provider had a lot of On Demand choices which were 3-5 "previews" of shows on various channels. Anything "good" was off a premium On Demand which was extra money.

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

How about Starz HD on demand. 2 whole movies. How pathetic is that.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I do npt what to do it do not work right keep cutting off the other tvs when recoring not good helpjust got it help 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.