A

• 

25.7K Messages

Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 7:19 PM

Re: How to turn off the ATT Troubleshoot and Resolve Tool

Go to "control panel" then "administrative tools" then "services", and find the ATT Troubleshoot and Resolve Tool.  Under status it will say "started" and under "start up type" it will say "automatic".  Right click anywhere on that line that lists the ATT Troubleshoot and Resolve Tool and then go to properties.  Once you click on "properties" look under the "general" tab and you should see "start up type"  Change it to "Manual" and save.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

or...

Start>Run Type in "MSCONFIG", click OK, click on the Startup tab, uncheck the programs in question, click OK, and reboot.

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

You could also try Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information.

Open the Software Environment item and click on Startup Programs and see if it appears there.  If so, you can use RegEdit and navigate to the path in the Location column and remove the corresponding key (you may wish to back it up first).  If Location says "Startup" or "Common Startup" then its in Start>All Programs>Startup and can be removed from there.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks, I tried that but there is no service for it shown, and I looked at every single one with an automatic status to make sure it just wasn't called something innocuous or generic.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

That worked, thanks :).

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

I keep forgetting about that. 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

What program do we need to remove?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

Read the above posts and it gives all the info you need. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Thanks much. This worked for me!

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

I keep forgetting about that. 🙂

I use it with my customers all the time.  I don't like having all the extra crap starting up when I boot/reboot a computer.  There's a reason why I've built my last three computers, no bloatware.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.