chris195811's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, July 20th, 2013 3:04 PM

Program Reminder

I use to be on Time Warner Cable and one thing I liked was that they had Program Reminder where you can be reminded of a program you want to watch. I used it all the time. Now I find myself forgetting a program I want to watch. Will Uverse be coming up with something like that?

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

While there are a lot of U-Verse fan types that seem to pooh-pooh the folks that are requesting this feature - this feature seems to be one of the most requested that I have seen in the 5 years that I've been on here.  

I would be willing to bet that the folks who want it outnumber the louder ones that kind of brush the suggestion aside.  Just my two cents.

I  personally would like to see it or some kind of a note that a show is about to be recorded.  Sometimes I  lose tracjk of time and the only note that you will get is a tiny red light on the STB or an all streams error if they are all in use.  If it were the latter, you get NO warning.  Comcast gave you a two minute warning before all streams (ie both, lol) were to be in use.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

While there are a lot of U-Verse fan types that seem to pooh-pooh the folks that are requesting this feature - this feature seems to be one of the most requested that I have seen in the 5 years that I've been on here.  

I would be willing to bet that the folks who want it outnumber the louder ones that kind of brush the suggestion aside.  Just my two cents.

I doubt it. Unlike the masses who just want their H*llm*rk channel back.  Smiley Wink

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

@dhascall wrote:

I doubt it. Unlike the masses who just want their H*llm*rk channel back.  Smiley Wink

H*llm*rk, lol.  I don't know about the reminders - I kind of think that it would be cool and I kind of like my "two minute warning" about the all streams are in use feature.  At any rate, the reason that I mention the number of reminder fans outnumbering the fanboys, is that each month it seems at least two folks request it but it's always the same 2 or 3 fans that downplay the other's requests. Smiley Wink

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

I hadn't seen a reminder request in a long time, but two new ones this month.  It comes and goes.  When I miss the start of a show on TV, it's not because I'm watching something else on TV, it's because I'm doing something else entirely, so the reminder feature is not of any importance to me.

I can see that others might want it.  It's just not important to me, and seems anachronistic given the DVR's recording functionality, kind of like the crank handle for your automobile.  You still use one of those, don't you?

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

I hadn't seen a reminder request in a long time, but two new ones this month.  It comes and goes.  When I miss the start of a show on TV, it's not because I'm watching something else on TV, it's because I'm doing something else entirely, so the reminder feature is not of any importance to me.

I can see that others might want it.  It's just not important to me, and seems anachronistic given the DVR's recording functionality, kind of like the crank handle for your automobile.  You still use one of those, don't you?

Touche.  But when most other DVR's have reminders, two minute warnings and such maybe the U-Verse DVR is the automobile with the hand crank.....  All that I'm saying is that I would love the two minute warning or at least have the TV jump to the first recorded channel., instead of simply sticking a warning up there and leaving it there.  Reminders easily could be part of that.

In fact this was my suggestion a few years back, that would pop up before all streams would be in use.  You are all welcome, lol.

UVChoose.jpg

1 Attachment

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

dhascall - You have many very good suggestions here -

Presenting the warning a couple of minutes before the problem will occur is fabulous.

Listing ALL the possibilities is critical.

Providing show info to aid the decision process is a great help.

One click from the single screen - Yes.

I think another item needed is the name of the STB tuned to the selection to assist the decision making.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@aviewer wrote:

dhascall - You have many very good suggestions here -

Presenting the warning a couple of minutes before the problem will occur is fabulous.

Listing ALL the possibilities is critical.

Providing show info to aid the decision process is a great help.

One click from the single screen - Yes.

I think another item needed is the name of the STB tuned to the selection to assist the decision making.

Thanks - glad that you liked that.  One issue that we have is that (most of you know) my wife is disabled and has issues running the remote.  Sometimes I get the all streams are in use error when I think that there shouldn't be.  I go to the other STB's and see that one never got shut down.  The TV is off but not the box.  It would be nice if it would say "STB 4 is on but is not enaged" (ie. the TV is off, as it would be showing the press okay to watch TV would be displaying)..

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

dhascall - Yes, the display of the STB name is needed to identify that the unused box is on. You got it right up to the last comma. The "press ok" would not be displayed. The box is on, but cannot be seen because the TV is off. See if you can catch it and edit for future reference.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@aviewer wrote:
dhascall - Yes, the display of the STB name is needed to identify that the unused box is on. You got it right up to the last comma. The "press ok" would not be displayed. The box is on, but cannot be seen because the TV is off. See if you can catch it and edit for future reference.

No - what I meant was if the TV was actually on, the "Press OK" would be visible.  Since it's not, the only way that you would know is by the glowing green STB light.  AND some folks put the STB in cabinets behind doors or with smoked doors and you may not even know that the box is on, even when the TV is off.  Clear as mud, I know.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I read through this whole topic.  There is  a simple request for one to be reminded when a program they want to watch is going to be on in a few minutes.  That is not a major thing to do.  And avoiding the fact that U-verse has not done this simple task by refering people to record the program is NOT a solution, it is a way to avoid the fact that they haven't done it, and/or don't plan on doing it.  It is so simple, I just wonder why it isn't done already.  Telling me to record it in lieu of getting a reminder, is like telling me to gargle instead of brushing my teeth.  It just isn't the same thing at all.  And however many people tell you to suck it up and just record it instead of wanting a reminder, are justifying U-verse not dealing with a low tech issue. 

[Inappropriate content removed]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.