Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 2, 2011
1:27:39 PM
View profile
Printers & U-Verse Internet

U-Verse internet and voice is to be installed in our home next week.  The sales rep mentioned something about my printers having to be set to digital to work.  His statement baffles me since my printers connected to my PC.  He may have been referring to any newly purchased 'wireless' printers.

I'm looking for feedback on the entire subject of printer use with U-Verse internet.  Help me before its too late!

U-Verse internet and voice is to be installed in our home next week.  The sales rep mentioned something about my printers having to be set to digital to work.  His statement baffles me since my printers connected to my PC.  He may have been referring to any newly purchased 'wireless' printers.

I'm looking for feedback on the entire subject of printer use with U-Verse internet.  Help me before its too late!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 3, 2011 7:54:48 AM
(0)
Scholar

"..set to digital..." That is an odd statement to be said for a printer. As the guy said above, your printer should work. If it is connected directly to your PC then you shouldn't have to do anything. If it is a wireless printer, then you may have to uninstall the current printer on your PC and install it again since you'll be changing routers and the PC may loose the connection.

Accepted Solution

Printers & U-Verse Internet

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 3, 2011 4:04:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Not sure what he was talking about.  If your printer is connected via USB there is no issue.  If the printer is wifi capable then all you will have to do is connect it to the network and you will have no issue.  I currently have an HP Photosmart Premium connected wirelessly to the network and I have no issues.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Not sure what he was talking about.  If your printer is connected via USB there is no issue.  If the printer is wifi capable then all you will have to do is connect it to the network and you will have no issue.  I currently have an HP Photosmart Premium connected wirelessly to the network and I have no issues.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Printers & U-Verse Internet

2 of 3 (3,384 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 3, 2011 7:54:48 AM
(0)
Scholar

"..set to digital..." That is an odd statement to be said for a printer. As the guy said above, your printer should work. If it is connected directly to your PC then you shouldn't have to do anything. If it is a wireless printer, then you may have to uninstall the current printer on your PC and install it again since you'll be changing routers and the PC may loose the connection.

Re: Printers & U-Verse Internet

3 of 3 (3,365 Views)
Solution