Linda661's profile

Scholar

• 

247 Messages

Thursday, March 31st, 2011 3:07 PM

Preview weekend - finding good movies

So, the free preview is on!!!  I'm bummed that they didn't include HBO. I guess they want people to sign up for the free 3 months thing.

There are so many channels.....does anyone know a quick way that I can find the newest movies without searching thru everything.

Linda

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

117 Messages

13 years ago

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

More here, and HBO is not included.

You might find it helpful to go to On Demand > Premium.  That will allow you to browse by Category, or just see All.

Scholar

• 

247 Messages

13 years ago

I looked in the On Demand section.  It seems to only give me videos to watch.  I'm thiking that I want to find good, recent movies that i can record, so the On Demand won't help.

Professor

• 

2K Messages

13 years ago

@Linda661 wrote:

I looked in the On Demand section.  It seems to only give me videos to watch.  I'm thiking that I want to find good, recent movies that i can record, so the On Demand won't help.

You're right.  You cannot DVR anything that is "on demand."  This is true with most, if not all providers.

OTOH, you can record several movies and watch them long after the free preview ends.  Some providers will "scramble" recordings if you do not subscribe to that package.

Scholar

• 

247 Messages

13 years ago

That seems helpful.

Thanks

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

13 years ago

HBO is normally part of a U-450 preview in late November, around Thanksgiving.

Scholar

• 

117 Messages

13 years ago

Actually that annual free preview you mention starts on Thanksgiving and goes through

the following Sunday.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

13 years ago

Right.  Isn't there two previews around that time?  An HBO/Max one and a U-450 one?  Last November was really fuzzy for me (sick relatives) but IIRC one preview lasted a week and one was just Turkey Day weekend.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.