streittk's profile

Mentor

• 

18 Messages

Tuesday, March 1st, 2011 7:56 PM

Closed

Press OK to watch U-Verse TV?

This has probably been answered a number of times, but forgive me, I haven't been able to find it. 

When I power up my TV, I get an annoying screen that says to press OK to watch TV.  I mean, I pressed the power button on the remote because I want to watch TV, so why am I being asked if I want to watch TV?  To me, watching U-Verse (on the last channel viewed) should be the default.

Kevin

• 

25.7K Messages

13 years ago

My 82 yr old Mother lives with us and constantly having this issue as well as others on her TV, sure wish their was a fool proof way not to cause this to happen. Her eyesight is very poor too so I imagine she pushes a lot of wrong buttons although she never seems to have an issue with the living room tv/dvr...?

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

That is interesting.

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

13 years ago

I realize this thread is a few weeks old, but I was searching for an answer to a related problem and this is as close as I got. 

The "screensaver" that's mentioned in this thread isn't a screensaver... it's a static screen.  A true screensaver would move and prevent burn-in of a static image on your TV. 

I'm a new Uverse customer.  Yesterday I paused live TV and then went outside.  I came back a half hour later and was surprised to see that the paused image was still on the screen.  I came from DirecTV and they had a feature that caused a real screensaver to appear a few (five, I think?) minutes after pressing pause... either on live TV or a recorded show.  So AT&T doesn't have this feature?  If not, is there some official place to suggest stuff?  I've got a ton of suggestions...

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks!

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

YW

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

@Folk wrote:

I realize this thread is a few weeks old, but I was searching for an answer to a related problem and this is as close as I got. 

The "screensaver" that's mentioned in this thread isn't a screensaver... it's a static screen.  A true screensaver would move and prevent burn-in of a static image on your TV. 

I'm a new Uverse customer.  Yesterday I paused live TV and then went outside.  I came back a half hour later and was surprised to see that the paused image was still on the screen.  I came from DirecTV and they had a feature that caused a real screensaver to appear a few (five, I think?) minutes after pressing pause... either on live TV or a recorded show.  So AT&T doesn't have this feature?  If not, is there some official place to suggest stuff?  I've got a ton of suggestions...

I realize this thread is a couple years old but...over 2 years and still no screensaver... Smiley Mad

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

If I had to guess as to why there is not one........It would probably take up additional resources on the receiver and all of the existing resources need to be allocated for proper operation. 

• 

4.4K Messages

10 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.