streittk's profile

Mentor

• 

18 Messages

Tuesday, March 1st, 2011 7:56 PM

Closed

Press OK to watch U-Verse TV?

This has probably been answered a number of times, but forgive me, I haven't been able to find it. 

When I power up my TV, I get an annoying screen that says to press OK to watch TV.  I mean, I pressed the power button on the remote because I want to watch TV, so why am I being asked if I want to watch TV?  To me, watching U-Verse (on the last channel viewed) should be the default.

Kevin

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

Do you think it could have been E.T. or the Predator?

Guru

• 

417 Messages

13 years ago

The time seems to be variable - anywhere from a few minutes to all day. It is definitely not 4 hours or 6 hours or 8 hours, at least in my house.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

13 years ago

@streittk wrote:

This has probably been answered a number of times, but forgive me, I haven't been able to find it. 

When I power up my TV, I get an annoying screen that says to press OK to watch TV.  I mean, I pressed the power button on the remote because I want to watch TV, so why am I being asked if I want to watch TV?  To me, watching U-Verse (on the last channel viewed) should be the default.

Kevin

Kevin, do you know you can sync your Uverse remote to your TV? That is unless you have a crappy TV e.g, Trutech from Target.

Scholar

• 

182 Messages

13 years ago

I too at times have to press the OK button after I turn on my receiver.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

13 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

Actually, per the U-verse support site it's 6 hours:

Your AT&T U-verse receiver will turn off automatically, after six hours of inactivity, to conserve energy.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401271#fbid=gDKYg85zB9H

I can verify in my house and on my DVR, it is exactly 8 hours.  That being said, I would like to toggle that "feature" off.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@texasguy37 wrote:

Actually, per the U-verse support site it's 6 hours:

Your AT&T U-verse receiver will turn off automatically, after six hours of inactivity, to conserve energy.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401271#fbid=gDKYg85zB9H

I can verify in my house and on my DVR, it is exactly 8 hours.  That being said, I would like to toggle that "feature" off.

You and millions of other people.  IMO

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

SomeJoe is working on that for us. Smiley Wink

@dhascall wrote:

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

13 years ago

We had our U-Verse installed yesterday.  On one of the TV's the blue screen with this message comes on every few minutes....how can I fix this??

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

A reply here.

@rpearlberg wrote:

We had our U-Verse installed yesterday.  On one of the TV's the blue screen with this message comes on every few minutes....how can I fix this??

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.