Need help with your equipment?
newlyannoyed's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, April 4th, 2012 5:28 AM

Port 25 - Charges $49 or $15 or Free?

First day with Uverse and my experienc so far is far worse than my Comcast interactions.   I started live chat and was asking some guy from India about opening up port 25. He cuts and paste this blurb about port 25 being blocked due to spamming.  I explain to him that my security cameras al older and do not support any other port.  I called Connectech sounds like a callcenter from the Philippines and they basically said the same thing but can do it for $49.00.  What the h^^ll.  It takes a minute to do it and many of friends indicated that it is free.  So he passes me on to Tier 2 which looks like a dumping ground for irate customers.  Tiers 2 cannot do it and have to deal with the yokels with Connectech but unfortunately it will cost me $15 a month.  He mentions, this is the only way to get me port 25 opened as it becomes a nightmare.   I've been on the phone for the past 2 hours and ATT service is just horrible.  I am about to cancel this tomorrow if this simple request does not get solved.   I

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

12 years ago

@SomeJoe7777 wrote:
OK, cool, glad it's working!

I seem to remember that my RAID card monitoring software wouldn't work without authentication, but that was several months back so I may have been using a different server or they've changed something.

It may depend on who you're sending the e-mail to.  If the e-mail is bound for an AT&T address it may accept it without authentication (i.e. won't act as a relay, but will act as a receipient server).

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Is it posible to set up forwarding?  Haven't really gotten around the att/yahoo e-mail interface yet...

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Hi 

I have had u-verse for over 6 years & had

-  configured my IP camera to send motion triggered photo to username@att.net address

SMTP server  config   SMTP.att.yahoo.com    Port 25

- e mails stopped working recently -  so I called ATT & they asked me to set the new config as follows

SMTP    outbound.att.net   Port 465

The camera still does not  send e-mails ...... Is the PORT Blocked by U verse?

How do I figure that out .... and unblock it?

Please help - Not a Networking guy ..... but can follow steps!

Thank You

/  Upendra

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

The new settings require you to use SSL as well, so if you have not enabled that, it will fail until you do.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I am trying to set up an email server at home for a class project.  I have Uverse and my IP leads to... lightspeed.rcntx.sbcglobal.net, I did call them and have port 25 unblocked. (no charge) I need the host name for the relay server [smtp.att.yahoo.com?] and if it requires my account information for authentication.  SMTP SSL required? I have PHP and MySQL installed using hMailServer and Roundcube webmail IMAP client under IIS 8.5. The only way I can test this is during Roundcube Web interface configuration to send test email using a created account in hMail to a Gmail account of mine. the test fails... SMTP send: "NOT OK" (Failed to set sender *****@*****.com) I purchaced a $5 domain and have the A Name, C Name and MX records establishead. hMail tests pass. MX lookup passes and I can access my site, so all DNS is working great!!! Any help would be appreciated, I am going to try with other information (outbound.att.net/sbcglobal.net) I found on this page. You can reply to my username above at yahoo[Dot]com with the subject line...SMTP relay server information.

Thanks

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@harrytapp Here's the settings:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401570

You are only able to use an email client if you created a free att.net account before June 11, 2011.

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATTUverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I started with Att-Uverse in 2012. These look like settings for if you want to simply use an email client such as outlook. Of course this has always been a drag to have to pay for a premimun account in my free yahoo account to have pop 3 delivered to outlook.

The question here is having my own mail server...

Can I use the SMTP outbound.att.net on port 465 as a relay?

Would I have to enable SSL still?

Would I have to use my att account credentials for authentication?

I tried to send myself and email to an account in my server from gmail and got a return notice...

Mail Delivery Subsystem <mailer-daemon@googlemail.com>

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

Harry@mydomain.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain mydomain.com by smtp.att.yahoo.com. [67.195.15.66].

The error that the other server returned was:
530 5.7.1 Authentication required

This reveals two possibilites...

First: The MX records at my domain registrar need to be changed from smtp.att.yahoo.com to outbound.att.net?

Second: When I had them unblock port 25 did they only do it for outbound and not inbound?

I know ports 465 and 587 are normally not blocked and are SSL. Will they accept non SSL connections?

Thanks

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.