For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
rabsmith's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, February 28th, 2015 8:07 PM

Phone number "Unavailable 1"

We get a phone call that shows "Unavailable 1".  Called and chatted with an AT&T operator who was no help at all.  She gave me the numbers of the do not call list.  The do not call list will not accept single digit numbers.  Neither will call blocking at AT&T online.  I answered the most recent "Unavailable 1"  The person calling said they were a Political Action group called  Progressive United.   I asked that they do not call again.   The person on the line related that I still might get a call because there were 40 different people in her office using the same phone number.  I am going to call the Better Business Bureau and try to find an address for the Federal Trade Commission.   I did email a note to Progressive United.  This has been a nightmare!  Anyone else with this issue?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

I've gotten the "Unavailable 1" numbers but I just don't answer.

Yesterday the phone rang and the CID showed MY number.  No one had been on the phone and/or used call waiting (which can trigger your number).  I answered because I was intrigued.  It was a recording from a CC company wanting to lower my interest rate.  Smiley Mad

These companies using robocalling are relentless.  No matter what we do to stop them, they'll find a way.  Are you going to put yourself as blocked number?  Probably not. 

I also have on my CID right now:  "Private Caller", "Unknown name 1", "Keys FL 178-6786" along with all the toll free numbers. 

Just don't answer.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@rabsmith wrote:

We get a phone call that shows "Unavailable 1".  Called and chatted with an AT&T operator who was no help at all.  She gave me the numbers of the do not call list.  The do not call list will not accept single digit numbers.  Neither will call blocking at AT&T online.  I answered the most recent "Unavailable 1"  The person calling said they were a Political Action group called  Progressive United.   I asked that they do not call again.   The person on the line related that I still might get a call because there were 40 different people in her office using the same phone number.  I am going to call the Better Business Bureau and try to find an address for the Federal Trade Commission.   I did email a note to Progressive United.  This has been a nightmare!  Anyone else with this issue?

Sorry, political calls can not be blocked per the do not call rules.

Try http://www.nomorobo.com/ 

😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks.  I got on AT7&T and turned on anonymous blocking.  Thought that had been done, but guess not.  Hope it works.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.