texasguy37's profile

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

Thursday, April 24th, 2014 3:17 AM

One America News Gets U-Verse Berth

From the link below:

Herring Networks said its One America News Network has reached a deal to be launched by AT&T U-verse TV across the country.   

One America News Network will soon join the U-verse channel lineup in the cable news neighborhood on channel 208 in standard definition and on channel 1208 in high definition, the channel said. The broad carriage by AT&T U-Verse will give the independent, conservative news network more than 5 million additional subscribers, the programmer said.   

The startup, conservative-leaning news network (which launched July 4, 2013, and extensively covered the Conservative Political Action Conference this past spring under a sponsorship pact with American Conservative Union), had already obtained a carriage deal with the other big telco-TV provider, Verizon FiOS TV, though the U-verse distribution appears to be wider than the FiOS launch, which has the HD channel in the Ultimate HD package.  

“We’re thrilled to give U-verse TV customers more choices by adding One America News Network to our channel lineup,” Ryan Smith, vice president of content acquisition at AT&T, said in a release. “The network is devoted to providing an independent and dependable source for news reporting around the clock along with commentary, programming and documentaries.”  

“We’re extremely pleased for the support extended by AT&T U-verse in providing carriage to One America News Network. We’re grateful for the broad distribution and the channel placement within the cable news neighborhood next to other leading cable news networks,” Robert Herring senior, CEO of One America News Network, said in the release. “U-verse TV customers will be able to easily find our news channel and we’re confident that our programming lineup of national and international news, interactive talk shows, and current affairs programs will resonate well with U-verse TV customers.”  

U-verse also carries Herring's Wealth of Entertainment, “AWE,” formerly WealthTV, on channel 470 in SD and 1470 in HD.

http://www.multichannel.com/news/telco-tv/one-america-news-gets-u-verse-berth/374065

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

Thanks again.  Earlier in this thread I had a discussion with someone about how much effort that AT&T has to put into adding each new channel.  Your response seems to bear that out.  If U-Verse ever adds digital sub channels (such as 13.2 or 6.3), that will be a huge effort - and i did hear that AT&T is looking at doing that.  Hats off, if they do.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

I checked this morning, and after five days when it was supposed to have been launched, One America News Network is still not on the air or in the guide.

Can any of the AT&T employees who contribute to this forum give us any information? I have been a U-Verse subscriber since January, 2008, and I do not remember any delays like this previously.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Former Employee

• 

310 Messages

10 years ago

sending you a PM

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

The One America News Network web site has a correction. Instead of saying that it is coming to U-Verse on April 30, it now says, "One America News Network is Coming Soon to AT&T U-verse!"

http://www.oann.com/

Hopefully, it will show up soon.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Scholar

• 

129 Messages

10 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

The One America News Network web site has a correction. Instead of saying that it is coming to U-Verse on April 30, it now says, "One America News Network is Coming Soon to AT&T U-verse!"

After following this thread (and others) while lurking, someone at AT&T messed-up big time with this.  You can't really lay this at the OANN folks' feet because why would THEY just pick some arbitrary date and advertise it on their site as it going live on AT&T?

I think when it appears it will be on 209/1209 just like the CenturyLink PRISM lineup.  CLP is, basically, U-verse when it comes to channel lineups, and they've actually added more channels than what they had around a year ago (it's up to ~320 now).

With the wireline (landline) swaps ahead, it wouldn't surprise me if PRISM and U-verse become "merged", unofficially.  That could mean all of the Hallmark crowd and those wanting OTA subchannels could be pacified.  Just a thought, given that AT&T could want something in "trade" if CenturyLink would take their old wireline areas.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@vid30jk wrote:

@dwinth wrote:

After following this thread (and others) while lurking, someone at AT&T messed-up big time with this.  You can't really lay this at the OANN folks' feet because why would THEY just pick some arbitrary date and advertise it on their site as it going live on AT&T?

I think when it appears it will be on 209/1209 just like the CenturyLink PRISM lineup.  CLP is, basically, U-verse when it comes to channel lineups, and they've actually added more channels than what they had around a year ago (it's up to ~320 now).

With the wireline (landline) swaps ahead, it wouldn't surprise me if PRISM and U-verse become "merged", unofficially.  That could mean all of the Hallmark crowd and those wanting OTA subchannels could be pacified.  Just a thought, given that AT&T could want something in "trade" if CenturyLink would take their old wireline areas.

But AT&T never advertised a date, so how can they be held responsible? You'll notice how on the AT&T press release they never mentioned a start date but OANN put one on their website. 

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@americangame wrote:

But AT&T never advertised a date, so how can they be held responsible? You'll notice how on the AT&T press release they never mentioned a start date but OANN put one on their website. 

Well, AT&T never advertsies anything ahead of time.  My guess what happened is that AT&T and OANN agreed on a launch date and something either got misconstrued or AT&T simply wasn't ready.  I seriously doubt that OANN just threw a dart at the calendar and it landed on 30 April.  🙂

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Isn't One America also know as the American's for Prosperity propaganda network? The Koch brothers have to be behind it. Can't think of a bigger waste of precious Uverse bandwidth. They better be paying for placement - this is the antithesis of independent journalism.

Scholar

• 

129 Messages

10 years ago

@bman3333 wrote:

Isn't One America also know as the American's for Prosperity propaganda network? The Koch brothers have to be behind it. Can't think of a bigger waste of precious Uverse bandwidth. They better be paying for placement - this is the antithesis of independent journalism.

ROFL

"Precious U-verse bandwidth" would only be wasted by you if you tuned into the channel.

Besides, on the Al Jazeera America thread, you said you were a DirecTV subscriber, since you touted how wonderful AJAM is from watching it, comparing it to PBS' Frontline and other shows.

So what if the Koch Brothers are involved at all.  It's not like activism from George Soros, Michael Bloomberg or Brian Roberts (Comcast/MSNBC) is out there on any cable networks, ohhhh noooooo.  Nice to see how your "fairness" only works one way.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@bman3333 wrote:

Umm, CNN and MSNBC are the antithesis of journalism. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.