texasguy37's profile

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

Thursday, April 24th, 2014 3:17 AM

One America News Gets U-Verse Berth

From the link below:

Herring Networks said its One America News Network has reached a deal to be launched by AT&T U-verse TV across the country.   

One America News Network will soon join the U-verse channel lineup in the cable news neighborhood on channel 208 in standard definition and on channel 1208 in high definition, the channel said. The broad carriage by AT&T U-Verse will give the independent, conservative news network more than 5 million additional subscribers, the programmer said.   

The startup, conservative-leaning news network (which launched July 4, 2013, and extensively covered the Conservative Political Action Conference this past spring under a sponsorship pact with American Conservative Union), had already obtained a carriage deal with the other big telco-TV provider, Verizon FiOS TV, though the U-verse distribution appears to be wider than the FiOS launch, which has the HD channel in the Ultimate HD package.  

“We’re thrilled to give U-verse TV customers more choices by adding One America News Network to our channel lineup,” Ryan Smith, vice president of content acquisition at AT&T, said in a release. “The network is devoted to providing an independent and dependable source for news reporting around the clock along with commentary, programming and documentaries.”  

“We’re extremely pleased for the support extended by AT&T U-verse in providing carriage to One America News Network. We’re grateful for the broad distribution and the channel placement within the cable news neighborhood next to other leading cable news networks,” Robert Herring senior, CEO of One America News Network, said in the release. “U-verse TV customers will be able to easily find our news channel and we’re confident that our programming lineup of national and international news, interactive talk shows, and current affairs programs will resonate well with U-verse TV customers.”  

U-verse also carries Herring's Wealth of Entertainment, “AWE,” formerly WealthTV, on channel 470 in SD and 1470 in HD.

http://www.multichannel.com/news/telco-tv/one-america-news-gets-u-verse-berth/374065

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@shewjr wrote:

where is oan....on their site it said it will be on uverse today...just wondering

As of 11:08 PM, One America News does not show up on either the U-Verse guide or Titan TV. The link from April 24 now shows only what the channels will be on U-Verse.

http://www.oann.com/about/watch/

If you click on the link that says "read more" where it says, "One America News Network on AT&T U-verse starting April 30th!", there is nothing about a starting date of April 30th that I can find in the article.

Obviously, there has been some sort of delay in the  channel showing up. Maybe it will show up tomorrow.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

It is now May 1. Is anyone receiving One America News? It sounds like there could be a contract problem or a technical problem contributing to the delay. That is my guess.

U-Verse, itself, never gave the April 30 date. It was One America News who did on their web site.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Scholar

• 

195 Messages

10 years ago

no signs of it in the 200-300 range

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

I called Herring Broadcasting (the owner of One America News Network) a few minutes ago, and was told that One American News Network had been launched yesterday on U-Verse. However, it is a slow launch, and it will be state by state. She did not know which states were involved yesterday. She suggested that I call U-Verse to find out specifics about the launch.

I called customer service, and I am on hold now with them. I have talked to two people who should be flipping hamburgers at McDonald"s. I was finally able to get a supervisor who knew nothing about the channel, and had to ask someone else. This guy should be collecting money in the drive-up lane at McDonald's

He started giving me a history of the channel which launched last year. He could not understand basic English. All I wanted to know is which states One America News Network appeared in yesterday on U-Verse, and how long it will take for it to be U-Verse wide. I also wanted to know which levels of U-Verse can view it.

He ended up saying that he would transfer me to customer service. I told him that is where I had been before, and that he should  be flipping hamburgers at McDonald's. I think he said he was in technical support which I did not need.

I hope someone else on this forum has better luck getting information about the launch of One America News Network.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

Kudos to @dwinth for trying to get to the bottom of this.  When something like this is SO new, even the most seasoned AT&T CSR's probably have nothing on this new channel.  That most likely goes back to AT&T not releasing news or press releases until way after a launch.  Thanks again for checking, bud!

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

Kudos to @dwinth for trying to get to the bottom of this.  When something like this is SO new, even the most seasoned AT&T CSR's probably have nothing on this new channel.  That most likely goes back to AT&T not releasing news or press releases until way after a launch.  Thanks again for checking, bud!

I cannot believe how frustrating it is to talk to these customer service people who do not understand basic English. I am sure they were speaking from a script because what they answered had nothing to do with what I was asking or saying. The worst was the guy who was reading from the script and telling me that Herring Network laucned One America News Network last year.

"Customer service dude, I know that. I want to know about the launch by U-Verse yesterday"

All of this makes you want to smash your phone.

The question now, is there anyone out there who has U-Verse that actually started getting One America News Network yesterday or today?

I forgot to put in my initial post today that the very nice representative from Herring Networks did say she was receiving comments from U-Verse subscribers, so we know some people do have One America News Network.

For all of my frustration, I hope that One America News Network has personnel very similar to those at Fox News if you know what I mean.

Guru

• 

644 Messages

10 years ago

it is not showing in the "Hide Channels" area...

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

@Kong57 wrote:

it is not showing in the "Hide Channels" area...

Because it hasn't been added yet. Typically, the channel only shows there once it has been added. If you haven't actually taken the steps to hide a channel, then it would show up on the guide.

(And yes, I'm still estatic that channel 1423 or whatever it was has been deleted! THANK YOU AT&T!)

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

Is there any way to check the iPhone / Android app "Guide" count to see if a new channel or channels has been added?  When I fire up my app and select Guide, as it downloads, I see a counter.  Yesterday it was something like 950/467.   Does that have anything to do with the number of channels?

2014-05-02-12-10-05.jpg

1 Attachment

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

I just spoke to a representative at Herring Broadcasting Company about the status of One American News Network on AT&T U-Verse. Unlike the people in customer service at AT&T, she was very knowledgeble and informative about her product. She also was here in the United States, and not in some foriegn country.

She stated that the reason we do not have One America News Network is that AT&T is having technical problems getting the channel on the air. Herring Broadcasting Company was ready to transmit One America News Network on April 30 as advertized. AT&T was not. That is also why the channel does not show up on the U-Verse guide or Titan TV.

Once AT&T works out their technical problems, we should be able to watch One America News Network.

I was told incorrectly yesterday that some people who have U-Verse were able to watch the channel which would be on a slow roll out.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.