ktut's profile

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

Friday, February 27th, 2015 5:17 PM

No live sports on FS1?

I just read on the Fox Sports 1 site that it's contract with Uverse does not cover live events starting tomorrow (2/28) and Uverse customers will be blacked out from the Xfinity race at Atlanta (along with many other sports). Come on Uverse, get with the program and fix this please. Live sports are the main reason I still subscribe to your service. 

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

@scraig3376 wrote:

Is blocking the nascar program now xfinity series worth loosing thousands of customers?? If this isn't resolved I will be switching to Xfinity, urrently att has my tv, 6 cell phones,high speed enternet and home security, and land line and they will be dropped, if U-verse doesn't resolve the program issues,

AT&T is not blocking anything. Fox is refusing to show programming because they want AT&T to pay them additional fees in the middle of a contract.

This would be akin to you or I being a tenant, paying our rent on time, notifying the landlord of any issues that occur and the landlord wants to raise the rent in the middle of the lease.

Observer

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Good to see that AT&T wouldn't pay more to Foxsports1 so that they could help Xfinity out with their advertising. Look how much attention Xfinity is getting now. Brillant AT&T

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

That doesn't explain why I am not getting what I have paid for, and you all have raised my cost every year, perhaps dropping you is the solution, because it is your fault you want me to pay more.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I pay how much a month for service? You chose to show darts instead of the NASCAR races. Well I'm not happy at all. I am now exploring my options. Do I stay with you or move on? You offer nothing for customers that have had service for many years except higher costs. And now you take away a highly watched sport to broadcast something that nobody cares about here in the U.S.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Nonsence shame on ATT, and this nonsence ......... Xfinity is looking better with every single moment I sit here and get more *****

[word filter avoidance]

Observer

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

It's not solved

I switched from DISH because of this crap.I don't care about your petty negotiations. Leave the shows you promised to deliver to me or else refund my money and let me out of my contract. The whole thing is a load of crap and everyone involved knows it. The only person getting hurt is the the person paying for the service, the customer.

[word filter avoidance]

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@scraig3376 wrote:

That doesn't explain why I am not getting what I have paid for, and you all have raised my cost every year, perhaps dropping you is the solution, because it is your fault you want me to pay more.

Sorry, it isn't ATT's fault, Fox Sports 1 is demanding extra $$, above what they agreed to, to show Live events, you are getting what FS1 is delivering to Uverse VHOs.

I don't like it any better than you, but my only option is Comcrap, trees are in the way for Dish and DirecTV. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@nelswort wrote:

It's not solved

I switched from DISH because of this crap.I don't care about your petty negotiations. Leave the shows you promised to deliver to me or else refund my money and let me out of my contract. The whole thing is a load of crap and everyone involved knows it. The only person getting hurt is the the person paying for the service, the customer.

[word filter avoidance]

ATT never promised you Nascar Infinity races, just FS1.  Blame FS1 they are demading the additional $$ for Live events. 😉

Chris

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Phoenixweezy wrote:
I pay how much a month for service? You chose to show darts instead of the NASCAR races. Well I'm not happy at all. I am now exploring my options. Do I stay with you or move on? You offer nothing for customers that have had service for many years except higher costs. And now you take away a highly watched sport to broadcast something that nobody cares about here in the U.S.

ATT Uverse did NOT choose what's on, that is the feed FS1 is delivering to Uverse VHOs.  FS1 is demanding additional $$ for Live events. Smiley Mad

Chris

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

http://awfulannouncing.com/2015/get-ready-fox-sports-1-vs-att-u-verse.html

Now why do these events cost extra? It’s because they were not included when AT&T signed its original carriage agreement for Fox Sports 1. Since Fox Sports 1 began in 2013, it’s obtained the rights to NASCAR Xfinity and Sprint Cup races, the FIFA World Cup, MLS, the USGA contract and the FIFA World Cup.

-------

That's FOX's fault. A lot of programming is added during the middle of various contracts between various TV providers and channel owners/operators. Rates are typically agreed to at the beginning of contracts and when the contract is about to expire, new rates are agreed to.

Fox is the "bad guy" here.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.