Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 16, 2012
8:44:10 AM
View profile
No dial tone

Hi,

My phone had no dial tone this morning which I discovered when my alarm trouble signal was beeping at me, I had full internet and TV, when I dialed my number from my cell phone it went straight to voicemail.

Before I left for work I restarted the RG and the phone got dial tone. I got the alarm trouble sound the other day and didn't research it but I assume whatever the cuase is its the same.

I was downloading a tool from the website but it required a reboto and I needed to go to work

What steps should I take next?

Thanks

A-

Hi,

My phone had no dial tone this morning which I discovered when my alarm trouble signal was beeping at me, I had full internet and TV, when I dialed my number from my cell phone it went straight to voicemail.

Before I left for work I restarted the RG and the phone got dial tone. I got the alarm trouble sound the other day and didn't research it but I assume whatever the cuase is its the same.

I was downloading a tool from the website but it required a reboto and I needed to go to work

What steps should I take next?

Thanks

A-

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 16, 2012 12:53:13 PM
(0)
Scholar

ATTAlexCM wrote:

Welcome A- and thank you for posting.  I'm sorry to hear about the trouble.  If you've already restarted the Gateway and the trouble continues, please send me a Private Message.  We'll get you in touch with the group that can look into it.

Regards,

Alex

Rebooting the RG seems to have fixed it, I had dial tone when I went home for lunch

Thanks

A-

Accepted Solution

No dial tone

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2012 10:06:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

There has been a nationwide outage with U-verse voice this morning.  My service has been restored.  I don't know if everyone's service has been restored.

There has been a nationwide outage with U-verse voice this morning.  My service has been restored.  I don't know if everyone's service has been restored.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: No dial tone

2 of 5 (5,455 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2012 10:09:00 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Welcome A- and thank you for posting.  I'm sorry to hear about the trouble.  If you've already restarted the Gateway and the trouble continues, please send me a Private Message.  We'll get you in touch with the group that can look into it.

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 5 (5,454 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2012 10:59:28 AM
(0)
Professor

texasguy37 wrote:

Noticed that too, when I got up this morning the Phone1 light on the RG was out and no dial tone, rebooted the RG and everything seems back to normal.

texasguy37 wrote:

Noticed that too, when I got up this morning the Phone1 light on the RG was out and no dial tone, rebooted the RG and everything seems back to normal.

4 of 5 (5,434 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 16, 2012 12:53:13 PM
(0)
Scholar

ATTAlexCM wrote:

Regards,

Alex

Rebooting the RG seems to have fixed it, I had dial tone when I went home for lunch

Thanks

A-

ATTAlexCM wrote:

Regards,

Alex

Thanks

A-

5 of 5 (5,418 Views)
Solution