For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
katiejean's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, August 7th, 2014 2:11 AM

No Tudors On Demand?

I have Showtime, which gives me Showtime On Demand. However, The Tudors isn't listed even though on the Showtime website it says all 4 seasons are available On Demand. Any idea why???

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@katiejean wrote:

I have Showtime, which gives me Showtime On Demand. However, The Tudors isn't listed even though on the Showtime website it says all 4 seasons are available On Demand. Any idea why???

@hi @katiejean.   Showtime on Demand, does not contain complete seasons of anything.  That is the same for the other premium channels and other providers.  The premium channels, networks and so on, determine what shows to send to the on demand library and they rotate shows in and out but again, not entire seasons.  What Showtime means when all four seasons are available "on Demand," they mean through their app, Showtime Anytime.  As a Showtime subscriber, you can watch as much as you want via the app but it would be on a PC,  Roku Box, Tablet, Phone and so on.  The on Demand that is available on U-Verse only has a small percentage of movies and episodes, not their full library.  The app has way more. 

As an experiment, just for you, @katiejean I installed the app on my phone, did a search for The Tudors and all four seasons were there.  Enjoy!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you so much!

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@katiejean wrote:
Thank you so much!

Anytime!  Welcome! Don't be a stranger on the forums.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@katiejean wrote:

@hi @katiejean.   Showtime on Demand, does not contain complete seasons of anything.  That is the same for the other premium channels and other providers.  The premium channels, networks and so on, determine what shows to send to the on demand library and they rotate shows in and out but again, not entire seasons.  What Showtime means when all four seasons are available "on Demand," they mean through their app, Showtime Anytime.  As a Showtime subscriber, you can watch as much as you want via the app but it would be on a PC,  Roku Box, Tablet, Phone and so on.  The on Demand that is available on U-Verse only has a small percentage of movies and episodes, not their full library.  The app has way more. 

As an experiment, just for you, @katiejean I installed the app on my phone, did a search for The Tudors and all four seasons were there.  Enjoy!

The contract with the provider also comes into play. I have a cable company for my TV service, and Showtime on Demand includes all four seasons on The Tudors in their entirety. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.