Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Reply
Posted Aug 19, 2013
3:56:53 PM
No Al Jazeera

Please do not carry Al Jazeera.  We already have plenty of, so called, news channels that are nothing more than propogandists that sell advertising time.  That last thing the American television landscape needs is to be inundated with the propoganda of Islamic extremists.

Please do not carry Al Jazeera.  We already have plenty of, so called, news channels that are nothing more than propogandists that sell advertising time.  That last thing the American television landscape needs is to be inundated with the propoganda of Islamic extremists.

Accepted Solution

No Al Jazeera

6,355 views
100 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Reply
View all replies
(100)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 10:04:50 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Professor

baseballisback wrote:

dwinth wrote:

patrickmonk wrote:

2/3/2014
Just FYI. I will be switching and bundling all my services with ASTOUND where I can get both SUNDANCE and Al JAZEERA.
Sayonara.


What a waste of a first post. Patrickmonk: do you think anyone on this forum cares that you are leaving U-Verse? For the most part, we are subscribers just like you. For your information, U-Verse has Sundance in both SD and HD. I guess you never bothered to check.

 

Good luck with your new provider.

 

Just FYI, I am leaving my office early due to the snow storm we are having now, and I am bundling up due to the cold.

 

 


 

 

Well said! It's a shame when they don't even bother to check the lineups they claim to have. If I couldn't find a channel, I'd look at my lineup card or even check the internet instead of threatening to drop a service I didn't have.

 

It's a shame there's no way to verify a customer...maybe do some sort of IP "sniff" so that if it comes back with an AT&T IP address, there's a logo beneath their name? IDK.


To me it is inconceivable to leave a provider because of the absence of a very minor player like Al Jazeera America. And then to leave because he is too lazy to check the channel lineup to see that U-Verse does have The Sundance Channel in SD and HD?

 

Al Jazeera America came into being on August 20,2013. This One Post One and Done Wonder, who signed up for the forum just yesterday, came to his conclusions five and a half months after it was announced that Al Jazeera America would not be a part of the U-Verse lineup.

 

I do not believe for a moment that Patrickmonk is a U-Verse subscriber. He is most likely someone who has another provider, and signed up for the forum just to say, "Hey, look at me. I can type!"

 

I dare him to post again to see what his reaction is to reading on this forum that U-Verse does have The Sundance Channel in SD and HD. This guy is long gone.

 


Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

 

 

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

baseballisback wrote:

dwinth wrote:

patrickmonk wrote:

2/3/2014
Just FYI. I will be switching and bundling all my services with ASTOUND where I can get both SUNDANCE and Al JAZEERA.
Sayonara.


What a waste of a first post. Patrickmonk: do you think anyone on this forum cares that you are leaving U-Verse? For the most part, we are subscribers just like you. For your information, U-Verse has Sundance in both SD and HD. I guess you never bothered to check.

 

Good luck with your new provider.

 

Just FYI, I am leaving my office early due to the snow storm we are having now, and I am bundling up due to the cold.

 

 


 

 

Well said! It's a shame when they don't even bother to check the lineups they claim to have. If I couldn't find a channel, I'd look at my lineup card or even check the internet instead of threatening to drop a service I didn't have.

 

It's a shame there's no way to verify a customer...maybe do some sort of IP "sniff" so that if it comes back with an AT&T IP address, there's a logo beneath their name? IDK.


To me it is inconceivable to leave a provider because of the absence of a very minor player like Al Jazeera America. And then to leave because he is too lazy to check the channel lineup to see that U-Verse does have The Sundance Channel in SD and HD?

 

Al Jazeera America came into being on August 20,2013. This One Post One and Done Wonder, who signed up for the forum just yesterday, came to his conclusions five and a half months after it was announced that Al Jazeera America would not be a part of the U-Verse lineup.

 

I do not believe for a moment that Patrickmonk is a U-Verse subscriber. He is most likely someone who has another provider, and signed up for the forum just to say, "Hey, look at me. I can type!"

 

I dare him to post again to see what his reaction is to reading on this forum that U-Verse does have The Sundance Channel in SD and HD. This guy is long gone.

 


Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

 

 

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: No Al Jazeera

91 of 101 (968 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2014 1:11:39 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Feb 12, 2014 at 1:13:54 PM

dwinth wrote:

baseballisback wrote:

dwinth wrote:

patrickmonk wrote:

2/3/2014
Just FYI. I will be switching and bundling all my services with ASTOUND where I can get both SUNDANCE and Al JAZEERA.
Sayonara.


What a waste of a first post. Patrickmonk: do you think anyone on this forum cares that you are leaving U-Verse? For the most part, we are subscribers just like you. For your information, U-Verse has Sundance in both SD and HD. I guess you never bothered to check.

 

Good luck with your new provider.

 

Just FYI, I am leaving my office early due to the snow storm we are having now, and I am bundling up due to the cold.

 

 


 

 

Well said! It's a shame when they don't even bother to check the lineups they claim to have. If I couldn't find a channel, I'd look at my lineup card or even check the internet instead of threatening to drop a service I didn't have.

 

It's a shame there's no way to verify a customer...maybe do some sort of IP "sniff" so that if it comes back with an AT&T IP address, there's a logo beneath their name? IDK.


To me it is inconceivable to leave a provider because of the absence of a very minor player like Al Jazeera America. And then to leave because he is too lazy to check the channel lineup to see that U-Verse does have The Sundance Channel in SD and HD?

 

Al Jazeera America came into being on August 20,2013. This One Post One and Done Wonder, who signed up for the forum just yesterday, came to his conclusions five and a half months after it was announced that Al Jazeera America would not be a part of the U-Verse lineup.

 

I do not believe for a moment that Patrickmonk is a U-Verse subscriber. He is most likely someone who has another provider, and signed up for the forum just to say, "Hey, look at me. I can type!"

 

I dare him to post again to see what his reaction is to reading on this forum that U-Verse does have The Sundance Channel in SD and HD. This guy is long gone.

 


Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

 

 


It's been borne out that people do, do that!  In fact, if you follow the Classical Masterpieces saga involving Music Choice, one forum regular admitted changing to U-Verse just because of the Music Provider that AT&T uses.  So, why it may not be conceivable to you, the reality is that some change for a single issue.


dwinth wrote:

baseballisback wrote:

dwinth wrote:

patrickmonk wrote:

2/3/2014
Just FYI. I will be switching and bundling all my services with ASTOUND where I can get both SUNDANCE and Al JAZEERA.
Sayonara.


What a waste of a first post. Patrickmonk: do you think anyone on this forum cares that you are leaving U-Verse? For the most part, we are subscribers just like you. For your information, U-Verse has Sundance in both SD and HD. I guess you never bothered to check.

 

Good luck with your new provider.

 

Just FYI, I am leaving my office early due to the snow storm we are having now, and I am bundling up due to the cold.

 

 


 

 

Well said! It's a shame when they don't even bother to check the lineups they claim to have. If I couldn't find a channel, I'd look at my lineup card or even check the internet instead of threatening to drop a service I didn't have.

 

It's a shame there's no way to verify a customer...maybe do some sort of IP "sniff" so that if it comes back with an AT&T IP address, there's a logo beneath their name? IDK.


To me it is inconceivable to leave a provider because of the absence of a very minor player like Al Jazeera America. And then to leave because he is too lazy to check the channel lineup to see that U-Verse does have The Sundance Channel in SD and HD?

 

Al Jazeera America came into being on August 20,2013. This One Post One and Done Wonder, who signed up for the forum just yesterday, came to his conclusions five and a half months after it was announced that Al Jazeera America would not be a part of the U-Verse lineup.

 

I do not believe for a moment that Patrickmonk is a U-Verse subscriber. He is most likely someone who has another provider, and signed up for the forum just to say, "Hey, look at me. I can type!"

 

I dare him to post again to see what his reaction is to reading on this forum that U-Verse does have The Sundance Channel in SD and HD. This guy is long gone.

 


Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

 

 


It's been borne out that people do, do that!  In fact, if you follow the Classical Masterpieces saga involving Music Choice, one forum regular admitted changing to U-Verse just because of the Music Provider that AT&T uses.  So, why it may not be conceivable to you, the reality is that some change for a single issue.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: No Al Jazeera

[ Edited ]
92 of 101 (915 Views)
Highlighted
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2014 5:09:59 AM
0
(0)
Employee

Two Al Jazeera English journalists have been sentenced to seven years in jail and one to 10 years by an Egyptian court on charges including aiding the Muslim Brotherhood and reporting false news.

Oops...

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2014/06/egypt-finds-al-jazeera-journalists-guilty-201462373...

 

 

Two Al Jazeera English journalists have been sentenced to seven years in jail and one to 10 years by an Egyptian court on charges including aiding the Muslim Brotherhood and reporting false news.

Oops...

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2014/06/egypt-finds-al-jazeera-journalists-guilty-201462373539293797.html

 

 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: No Al Jazeera

93 of 101 (497 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2014 7:11:50 AM
0
(0)
Guru
Edited by Taylarie on Jun 23, 2014 at 7:30:10 AM

>From a court that convicts and unconvicts foreign leaders depending on how
the wind blows. Hey convicted 700 people of death penalty offenses in a
single summary trial which didn't meet international minimum standards of
Justice. Also , read about the flight of Dr. Youssif:

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2013/04/01/The-Nile-s-Jon-Stewart-Bassem-Youssef-s-...

They finally drove him off the air for good. I feel sorry for all
investigative journalists trying to do their job in Egypt.

I don't know whether you are for or against carrying this station, but an
Egyptoan court verdict is not proof of anything.

--
===================================
Stuart [Edited for privacy.]

>From a court that convicts and unconvicts foreign leaders depending on how
the wind blows. Hey convicted 700 people of death penalty offenses in a
single summary trial which didn't meet international minimum standards of
Justice. Also , read about the flight of Dr. Youssif:

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2013/04/01/The-Nile-s-Jon-Stewart-Bassem-Youssef-s-mission-to-raise-voice-of-reason-.html

They finally drove him off the air for good. I feel sorry for all
investigative journalists trying to do their job in Egypt.

I don't know whether you are for or against carrying this station, but an
Egyptoan court verdict is not proof of anything.

--
===================================
Stuart [Edited for privacy.]

Re: No Al Jazeera

[ Edited ]
94 of 101 (483 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2014 9:31:42 AM
0
(0)
Scholar

Fox Mulder wrote:

Two Al Jazeera English journalists have been sentenced to seven years in jail and one to 10 years by an Egyptian court on charges including aiding the Muslim Brotherhood and reporting false news.

Oops...

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2014/06/egypt-finds-al-jazeera-journalists-guilty-201462373...

 

 


You do realize that Egypt is now basically a military dictatorship whose courts are in no way fair, right?


Fox Mulder wrote:

Two Al Jazeera English journalists have been sentenced to seven years in jail and one to 10 years by an Egyptian court on charges including aiding the Muslim Brotherhood and reporting false news.

Oops...

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2014/06/egypt-finds-al-jazeera-journalists-guilty-201462373539293797.html

 

 


You do realize that Egypt is now basically a military dictatorship whose courts are in no way fair, right?

Re: No Al Jazeera

95 of 101 (462 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2014 9:52:51 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Scholar

So you think  Al Jazeera is fair. Well they do fool people.

So you think  Al Jazeera is fair. Well they do fool people.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: No Al Jazeera

96 of 101 (455 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2014 11:45:41 AM
0
(0)
Scholar

Al Jazeera is in Qutar right from some news reports that  country is helping the issis group in Iraq so much for them being our friend .

Al Jazeera is in Qutar right from some news reports that  country is helping the issis group in Iraq so much for them being our friend .

Re: No Al Jazeera

97 of 101 (440 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2014 11:49:29 AM
0
(0)
Employee

I was not speaking the problems in Egypt. I am well aware of the political situation.  I mentioned the article because I feel there is an impression from some members that AJ a new brand of new reporting that outshines all those who have come before them, and that our news agencies in America are all inferior to AJ. They were booted out of Egypt for reporting incorrectly. Haven't heard they were jailed until today.

I was not speaking the problems in Egypt. I am well aware of the political situation.  I mentioned the article because I feel there is an impression from some members that AJ a new brand of new reporting that outshines all those who have come before them, and that our news agencies in America are all inferior to AJ. They were booted out of Egypt for reporting incorrectly. Haven't heard they were jailed until today.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: No Al Jazeera

98 of 101 (439 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2014 3:33:17 PM
0
(0)
Scholar

Fox Mulder wrote:

They were booted out of Egypt for reporting incorrectly.


..as determined by a biased court under a military dictatorship.

You do realize that this whole episode has been condemned around the world, right?

BBC News - Egypt trial: Outcry over al-Jazeera trio's sentencing

The Guardian - Al-Jazeera journalists jailed for seven years in Egypt

NY Times - Sentencing of Journalists in Egypt Draws Condemnation

Reuters - Egypt jails Al Jazeera journalists, U.S. calls sentences 'chilling'


Fox Mulder wrote:

They were booted out of Egypt for reporting incorrectly.


..as determined by a biased court under a military dictatorship.

You do realize that this whole episode has been condemned around the world, right?

BBC News - Egypt trial: Outcry over al-Jazeera trio's sentencing

The Guardian - Al-Jazeera journalists jailed for seven years in Egypt

NY Times - Sentencing of Journalists in Egypt Draws Condemnation

Reuters - Egypt jails Al Jazeera journalists, U.S. calls sentences 'chilling'

Re: No Al Jazeera

99 of 101 (418 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2014 8:03:36 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Master

I think that the Egypt situation solidifies the fact that Al Jazeera is a fairly independent /middle ground news source.

I think that the Egypt situation solidifies the fact that Al Jazeera is a fairly independent /middle ground news source.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: No Al Jazeera

100 of 101 (373 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2014 11:29:13 AM
0
(0)
Community Manager

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

 

Thanks guys,

Dmitriy


Rethink Possible


Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

 

Thanks guys,

Dmitriy


Rethink Possible


Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: No Al Jazeera

101 of 101 (350 Views)
Share this post
Share this post