kregg451's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 19th, 2013 10:56 PM

Closed

No Al Jazeera

Please do not carry Al Jazeera.  We already have plenty of, so called, news channels that are nothing more than propogandists that sell advertising time.  That last thing the American television landscape needs is to be inundated with the propoganda of Islamic extremists.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Why did ATT wait till the last minute to drop Al Jazerra was it the pressure from the other cable networkd or was it the something political ? I am very disappointed and intend to drop ATT after 25 yrs I am starting a campaign of all the people I know to also drop ATT at they cannot and will not dictate what I can view. The views about most about the Aljazerra is hateful , childish and comes from a place where they are ill informed and brain washed by the local cable stations.

AT & T should be ashmaned of itself that they are not caring for their customers- "We could not reach an agreement with the owner that we believe provided value for our customers and our business" is the biggest bunch of crap in media history and contract disputes had to wait till the day the Al Jazeera launced - do you expect us to believe that?

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@Roland11 wrote:

Why did ATT wait till the last minute to drop Al Jazerra was it the pressure from the other cable networkd or was it the something political ? I am very disappointed and intend to drop ATT after 25 yrs I am starting a campaign of all the people I know to also drop ATT at they cannot and will not dictate what I can view. The views about most about the Aljazerra is hateful , childish and comes from a place where they are ill informed and brain washed by the local cable stations.

AT & T should be ashmaned of itself that they are not caring for their customers- "We could not reach an agreement with the owner that we believe provided value for our customers and our business" is the biggest bunch of crap in media history and contract disputes had to wait till the day the Al Jazeera launced - do you expect us to believe that?

you go right ahead and start that campaign. You might get 1 or two people to drop AT&T with you. I wish you well on your new cable provider.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Hey Roland, (sorry for the late response) Comcast IS currently carrying AJA if you are interested.  I too am thinking of dropping these ****.  I wanted to get real news not spoon-fed drivel.

[word filter avoidance]

Scholar

• 

276 Messages

10 years ago

Real news. Thank you for the laugh.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

It has now been around four months since Current TV became Al Jazeera America. Since AT&T decided not to carry Al Jazeera America, does anyone have any information from friends with other providers or just reading boards from other providers how popular this channel actually is after four months.

I wonder if, after all of the controversy on this board,  Al Jazeera America is another non-entity just like it's predecessor, Current TV.

I would not be surprised at all that very few if any U-Verse subscribers actually left because of the non-inclusion of Al Jazeera America to the U-Verse lineup. If anyone threatens to leave now after I just opened up an old wound from four months ago, I would have to say that they are probably not even U-Verse subscribers. We have not had any great amount of posts concering Al Jazeera America, other than a few scattered in October and November, since early September.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

I think the bigger issue beyond how many folks left U-Verse is how much damage this has done.  It may be a cumulative deal.  i.e. How many folks did AT&T make irate or how many folks are scratching their head at this decision or how many said "really, REALLY?"  etc.  The perceived (at least to me) upshot is that their decision is "we don't care much" how the consumer feels - but that's just me, lol.  Add this to Hallmark and if some other "really?" moments happen or the service starts having issues - it all adds up.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

I think the bigger issue beyond how many folks left U-Verse is how much damage this has done.  It may be a cumulative deal.  i.e. How many folks did AT&T make irate or how many folks are scratching their head at this decision or how many said "really, REALLY?"  etc.  The perceived (at least to me) upshot is that their decision is "we don't care much" how the consumer feels - but that's just me, lol.  Add this to Hallmark and if some other "really?" moments happen or the service starts having issues - it all adds up.

My opinion is that the Al Jazeera America decision did not do much damage at all. Other than my post today, there has not been any posting about it since early September, other than a few here and there. I would not compare the Al Jazeera situation to the Hallmark situation. There has been constant posting about Hallmark since the day it was announced three and a half years ago that U-Verse may no longer carry that channel.

The bottom line is that I feel the great majority of U-Verse subscribers do not give a darn that Al Jazeera is not part of the U-Verse lineup. Damage to U-Verse in general with Al Jazeera America not being included? My opinion is the affect is very minimal.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

It may not be the end all to everyone but even some ACE's who are pro-AT&T to the core, spoke out on this one.  All I'm just saying is feelings add up - it may take 20 years for AT&T to do enough wrong but if one loved Hallmark, AJA and could not live without TVG, that might be enough. Smiley Tongue

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

Spoke out in favor of Al Jazeera?   I must have slept through that.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

It may not be the end all to everyone but even some ACE's who are pro-AT&T to the core, spoke out on this one.  All I'm just saying is feelings add up - it may take 20 years for AT&T to do enough wrong but if one loved Hallmark, AJA and could not live without TVG, that might be enough. Smiley Tongue

I would like to have Al Jazeera America as part of the U-Verse lineup as well as bringing back the Hallmark channels and TVG. The more channels the better, and the more HD channels, even better.

I may not necessarily watch the channels I cited. In fact, I could care less about those channels, but I would still like to have them included in U-Verse.  I just do not like seeing any channel eliminated or not initially included for whatever reason.

What I do not like are these one post one and done wonders making their threats to leave U-Verse, some in all capital letters, who do not understand that AT&T is a business just like any other business who has to make decisions that will not always make their customers happy.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.