For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
kregg451's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 19th, 2013 10:56 PM

Closed

No Al Jazeera

Please do not carry Al Jazeera.  We already have plenty of, so called, news channels that are nothing more than propogandists that sell advertising time.  That last thing the American television landscape needs is to be inundated with the propoganda of Islamic extremists.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Speak for yourself,"americangame". I watched Current TV and was looking forward to tuning in to some non-partisan, un-whitewashed, factual news.

[Please keep it courteous]

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

11 years ago

@PizzaioloMike wrote:

Speak for yourself,"americangame". I watched Current TV and was looking forward to tuning in to some non-partisan, un-whitewashed, factual news. [Please keep it courteous]

While I agree with some of your statements, name calling is frowned upon & un-neccesary.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

pizza guy, let me make it clear. I don't watch any cable news. I think all of the talking heads on those shows are loud, annoying, and have no place on TV. I don't care if it's Fox News, CNN, or whoever.

I made the joke because Current's ratings are closer to my shoe size than to the population of Detroit.

Former Moderator

• 

7.6K Messages

11 years ago

Hello Community Members,

I want to remind everyone to avoid any personal attacks or criticism when posting.

While we encourage debates and discussions, we would like it to be carried out in a climate of mutual respect.

Let's remember to stay on topic.

Thanks,

Phil-101
Community Moderator

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I see no channel 189 provided.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I'm not happy with that action.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I watched currentTV, and I feel there is censorship in this action.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@markdz wrote:

I watched currentTV, and I feel there is censorship in this action.

markdz: No need for 3 separate posts.  Yes, most of us were shocked and disappointed by AT&T's decision.   Some, myself included feel that it is not a contract issue but an ideological difference and there is no place for that, IMO.  I would like to decide if I watch or not.

You can officially request the channel here.  Not sure if that does any good.  I am curious if any requested channel has ever been added based upon that link.

Since I have zero confidence in that link, one could send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care,.  Some might feel that is extreme but it is one way of getting your point across.  I posted my concerns about U-Verse not carrying AJA on their Facebook page. 

Scholar

• 

106 Messages

11 years ago

Current TV and Al Jazeera is non-partisan, un-whitewashed, factual news?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Oh, that's funny....

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@Evil_Homer wrote:
Current TV and Al Jazeera is non-partisan, un-whitewashed, factual news?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Oh, that's funny....

But it doesn't matter.  It doesn't matter if they are right wing, left wing, middle wing, up wing, down wing or broken wing,  The ball should be in the viewer's court to watch it or not.  I know most are tired of hearing me but my guess is that AT&T's has succumbed to the simple minded "Anti Middle East," :Anti 'fer'ner owned" faction.  Need I remind you that FOX News's Murdoch was a "fer'ner?"  He was born in Australia.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.