kregg451's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 19th, 2013 10:56 PM

Closed

No Al Jazeera

Please do not carry Al Jazeera.  We already have plenty of, so called, news channels that are nothing more than propogandists that sell advertising time.  That last thing the American television landscape needs is to be inundated with the propoganda of Islamic extremists.

Scholar

• 

197 Messages

11 years ago

If Show will not respond then I will assume that he is the troll that I think he is.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@SomeJoe7777 wrote:

@shoe wrote:

Hats off to AT&T we do not need this rubbish

Yes, comrade!  Ve vill vatch only vhat you dictate, comrade!

So much for the Land of the Free. 

It's not the first time that he has expressed this view.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Al-Jazeera-English-availability-soon/m-p/2666011

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

@codycooper864 wrote:
If Show shoe will not respond then I will assume that he is the troll that I think he is.

From Wikipedia:  A troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,by posting inflammatory, extraneous or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

I you'd have taken the time to look over shoe's posts from the past you would know that along with the fact that he's posted over 2,200 times and he's been on these boards for over 3.5 years, he is far from a 'troll'.

Calling names is not nice and is frowned upon. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion...whether you agree with it or not.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

Shoe,

While I probably wouldn't have watched the channel, there is no reason other than $$$ to keep it off the air.  I despise CNBC and CNN but I make it my choice to not watch either one.  More channels with different viewpoints is not a bad thing.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@codycooper864 wrote:
If Show will not respond then I will assume that he is the troll that I think he is.

Just because he doesn't repsond to your childish accusations does not a troll him make.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

@codycooper864 wrote:
Dwinth- sometimes trolls have a lot of posts. Just because shoe is not a one post wonder does not mean that I do not think he is trolling here and trying to work people like me up. HE IS DEAD WRONG! I want him to post again here...in this thread to answer to the responses he had gotten. People should not ever NOT want a channel to be carried and that is the bottom line. I wish they carried EVERYTHING whether I watch it OR NOT! The more choices for people here in America THE BETTER! Sometimes I wonder if some people really believe in the constitution or not . Shoe is advocating communism here by saying that he is glad that AT&T is deciding what I can watch for me! I want him to come back and answer to this response now! I will be waiting.

If Shoe is advocating communism here, then he is definitely a left shoe.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

11 years ago

will say one thing to you and one thing only and you
can interpret it any way you like …NUTS

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

@shoe wrote:

will say one thing to you and one thing only and you
can interpret it any way you like …NUTS

Dry roasted or salted?

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

Although I'm no moderator, I found this, in a post from moderator Wendigo, that sums up my feelings, to a tee.  This thread was from 2 years ago:

Please stop the sniping in this thread - any further posts not related the the availability of Al Jazeera will be removed. If you don't want the channel, then there's no need to comment. Thanks!

Sounds like a plan, eh?  Smiley Happy

Scholar

• 

118 Messages

11 years ago

They dropped ABC News Now, which sucked. I want to see some serious news. They could put it on Channel 243 if they had to. 

For those who want The Blaze, how does 212 or 213 sound? Right in between Fox News and MSNBC. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.