docbombay's profile

Guru

• 

1K Messages

Friday, November 30th, 2012 6:31 PM

Newest VM Viewer App Won't Stay Open

I updated the U-verse VM Viewer App on my iPhone 5 today through the App store, and now the screen opens but then immediately closes.  I tried multiple times, restarted the phone, and deleted and reinstalled the app, with no change.  Is anyone else having the same problem, and does anyone know of a solution?  I'm hoping it's just some bug that will be fixed soon, but I use this app daily to retrieve my messages on U-Voice (VOIP) and would hate to lose this feature.  Thanks.

docbombay

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

48 Messages

11 years ago

Found this in another forum and it works.  I was having the same problem after installing the latest voicemail update on my iPhone.

If you go to "Settings -> Privacy -> Contacts" and turn it "on" for this application, it starts working.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

1K Messages

11 years ago

For those (like myself) who decided to wait for the app to be repaired, it is now available at the App Store and seems to work just fine so far.

docbombay

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I have had problems with a few apps since I upgraded to iOS6.  They do the exact same thing your discribing although I can't give you an exact answer to your question because I don't have Uvoice.

Maybe another update will be out soon to correct your issue.......That is what I have noticed happened with the ones I had do that.  New update and now they work.

Guru

• 

1K Messages

11 years ago

Thanks, BeeBee--when I got an iPhone 5, I noticed that all apps worked far better then in my old 3G, and this is the first app problem I have experienced on the new phone.  So I'll give it a bit of time and try to reinstall.  Maybe someone else who has UVoice will have other ideas.

docbombay

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

BeeBeeSA - Do you have POTS phone with Unified messaging? The iphone app works with that, as well. I have it on my ios6 ipad mini with no problems.
The app on the ipad uses my telno & pin for access. The VM app on my Mac mini uses the UM e-mail key & password.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I used to have unified messaging for free when they had the home manager.  When they discontinued the Home ManagerSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley Mad by downing or doing away with the server I was switched to standard VM.Smiley Mad  If I remember correctly, I paid around $299 for the frame and 2 cordless handsets.  That was a waste of money.  After the server was downed the frame just became a paper weight and once the batteries wouldn't hold a charge on the handsets I just threw them away.

Edit:  I did download the app and it opened, allowed me to input my phone number and password, but no good......wouldn't connect so the app works fine for me but the voice mail I have is not compatible.  

Guru

• 

1K Messages

11 years ago

Well, I made a little progress on my original problem.  In searching for a solution, I came across this site and used the email link at the bottom of the page to submit my issue.  I received a reply via email within about two hours stating that there is a known compatibility problem with VM Viewer and iOS6, and that developers are working on it. So I then deleted the newest version from my iPhone and from iTunes on my Mac, then dragged the old version from the trash back into iTunes, synced again and thus restored the older but working version.   I just had to repeat the login process with my phone number and PIN.  Now the question will be how to determine when the new version will work and when to safely update.  

docbombay

Guru

• 

1K Messages

11 years ago

Interesting aside--prior to discovering on my own how to restore the older version of VM Viewer, I emailed support again and asked how it could be done.  I just now received a reply from VM support telling me that it can't be done!Smiley Very Happy

docbombay

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Has the app been removed from the app store, I can't seem to locate it.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

I am seeing the app for Android in the App Store.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.