disankey's profile

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 2:53 PM

New on demand Format

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

11 years ago

@blujacket wrote:

@MRROK wrote:

I would like to know what everyone else is paying for the U-450 package. It would be interesting to see if I am getting ripped off.

I am paying $142 a month for U450 + 18 MB Internet for a 4 tv setup. I was paying $133 last year , and when my contract was up called retentions and reupped another year.

FWIW, I'm in several long-term promo rates and they didn't make me sign a contract. It's possible that "promotions vary by area" or whatever they say, but I'm just saying that sometimes, a contract isn't necessary.

Scholar

• 

108 Messages

11 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:

@blujacket wrote:

@MRROK wrote:

I would like to know what everyone else is paying for the U-450 package. It would be interesting to see if I am getting ripped off.

I am paying $142 a month for U450 + 18 MB Internet for a 4 tv setup. I was paying $133 last year , and when my contract was up called retentions and reupped another year.

FWIW, I'm in several long-term promo rates and they didn't make me sign a contract. It's possible that "promotions vary by area" or whatever they say, but I'm just saying that sometimes, a contract isn't necessary.

I had to agree to a new one when I called. I didn't sign anything, but they record your conversation when you are speaking to them and have to agree to the terms, & early termination fees.

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

11 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

@BeeBeeSA wrote:

TG...what is the number on the newest firmware update?  I'm on 2.2.28163.20  UI:5.5.5-nt on my DVR but on 2.2.28163.10 on my STB's.  Tried resetting my STB last night but it's still .10.

Here are the versions that I received earlier this week:

Motorola VIP 2250:   2.2.28163.20

Cisco ISB 7005:       2.2.28184.50

Motorola VIP 1200:   2.2.28163.10

Thanks T.G. for the re-cap.   I probably saw that before but lost it somewhere.   Made a note now.  Perhaps July will bring progress.

Scholar

• 

122 Messages

11 years ago

I've never experienced it once it was on the list version,, whole thing loads  in 4-5 seconds.  Then after I've loaded it the 1st time, subsequent loading times are 1-2 seconds.

There are 3 variables possibly affecting this, Nid to RG connection, RG to DVR/STB commection, DVR/STB connection to the TV.

ATT knows about the On Demand 'problems', but will take awhile to fix the software, especially since MS is selling MediaRoom to Ericsson. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Does Ericsson take forever to fix things? Cat Surprised

P.S. A side note for every reader, the newer STB updates when available On Demand should default to list view if you still have not set it up for an HDTV.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

As of 6/13 the monthly fee for tv, ( 5), phone & Internet. $271.00. The price keeps going up, probably to fund the salary of the fool who thought up the new format. Anyone know why fast forward, etc. is no longer available ?

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@Ayuda1993 wrote:

As of 6/13 the monthly fee for tv, ( 5), phone & Internet. $271.00. The price keeps going up, probably to fund the salary of the fool who thought up the new format. Anyone know why fast forward, etc. is no longer available ?

Huh?  What package?  What speed?  I could just as well pull some figure out of ... thin air and say it is $306.  But I would give some specifics.....  Just sayin'  By the way, FF works fine for me.

Scholar

• 

122 Messages

11 years ago

@Ayuda1993 wrote:

The short answer is Content Control. The Networks, particularly NBC have requested/demanded that any skipping functions be disabled for certain programs, like a DVD/BD movie discs in that you can't skip through the commercials or other sections. ABC programs have displayed notices, but skipping functions seem to be enabled (two months ago?!).

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

ABC still gives the notice, but I could FF/Rew w/o any problems.  Nothing to watch on NBC (what can you expect of Comcrap). Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.