disankey's profile

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 2:53 PM

New on demand Format

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:

@mibrnsurg wrote:

Now I only stay in the Free Shows area and it takes exactly same # of button pushes to get to a specific show.  It was not slow on my old 1216 (8-9MB memory 85-90% use) and is downright snappy on my 2250 (44-48MB of memory 55-60% use). 😉

But it *is* slowER and worse than before, no doubt. I have a 1225 and I see a spinning circle for a minute or so, then it goes to another screen with listings in Central Time zone. Sometimes, it says "search is temporarily unavailable" after the minute or so of the spinning circle.

No it wasn't slow for me on the 1216, I did have new VOD b4 I got rid of it and it was not slow, just not as fast as the 2250 I have now, and I mean fast on the 2250.

More showtimes is a known problem by ATT.  I've seen Search unavailable,I just back out and go in again and it's there. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

11 years ago

It's slower than it was. It works for you, but you should see it on my TV. I'm not lying, nor am I accusing you of the same. I'm happy it works fast for you, but you're not me and I'm not you.

100 MPH is fast. 80 MPH is still fast, but slower than 100. That's what I'm saying. It's still not as fast as what it could be.

Couple that with the other known bugs, and AT&T has made a big goof.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I also use the list view, which isn't easy since a chunk of it is cut off from my screen (guess my tv isn't wide enough?). It takes a long time to get to this list in the first place, in comparison to the old version of on demand, as I too get that frustrating circle in the bottom corner. Then you have to keep going from screen to screen to screen, and with every switch comes that darn circle, the slow load, like watching paint dry. When you finally do land on the show to watch, what do you get? Another circle, another very slow load. NEVER used to be this way! On Demand used to come up as quickly as the shows recorded on the DVR.

Adding to the pain is the fact that you get the same result when seeking to find "more showtimes." This used to come up right away but now takes forever to load, and when it finally does it includes the HD channels which I don't subscribe to and have blocked.

I use a tv to, well, watch tv; this change seems to be anything but beneficial for a tv-using viewer. I am extremely dissatisfied with this change in service.

Guru

• 

565 Messages

11 years ago

I have read all the nice posts about switching to list mode and they are very helpful, thanks folks.

Now that being said, yesterday I was going to select a movie for the grandkids and even one of them said, "Wow, this is really slow!" while we were simply waiting for the original application to load (from the mouthes of babes). This is well before I even had the choice for list or pictures.

This new upgrade is pretty much a downgrade IMHO. I am finding VOD to be a feature not worth the wait, sorry Uverse geeks, or techs which ever you prefer, you overthought this one to death!

Guru

• 

565 Messages

11 years ago

Doing a reply to my own post is a bit tacky agreed, but do any of you old timers remember in 2007 when Uverse did that nation wide system upgrade and blew the whole system up for 3 days? I always wondered what happened to the person who did that? Guess I now have a sneaky feeling they are in charge of IT software programming changes for the system. Hmmm could it be that the Peter Principle is alive and well at AT&T?

Guru

• 

565 Messages

11 years ago

Ok in all fairness, I did call my son in law who is a repairman for att Uverse, and he suggested rebooting all devices and the RG. So I did unplug each, one at a time until they restarted, and then the RG. Went back to the main tv and pushed the VOD button and had pictures in about 4 seconds when it took 2 1/2 minutes yesterday. So not sure this will work for everyone but it sure did for me!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

@Scott53 wrote:

Doing a reply to my own post is a bit tacky agreed, but do any of you old timers remember in 2007 when Uverse did that nation wide system upgrade and blew the whole system up for 3 days? I always wondered what happened to the person who did that? Guess I now have a sneaky feeling they are in charge of IT software programming changes for the system. Hmmm could it be that the Peter Principle is alive and well at AT&T?

Smiley Very Happy

Maybe whoever blew the whole system back then was put in charge of making On Demand "better".

Head of development, circa 2007:  "OK...that didn't work the way we thought.  Hey, how about you guys look over the On Demand stuff and see how you think we can make it new & improved."

IT team:  "Cool....let's make it look like Netflix.  Everybody loves Netflix!"

Boss:  "OK guys, I'm trusting you on this one.  Make it work."

Walks out of meeting crossing fingers and shaking head....

Guru

• 

565 Messages

11 years ago

I remember you Skeeter, from days long past, Uverse has come a long way from back then, eh?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

@Scott53 wrote:
I remember you Skeeter, from days long past, Uverse has come a long way from back then, eh?

I just had some of my equipment changed and upgraded and the Prem Tech said "I see here that your account is in the 1000s.  That means you were one of the first to get Uverse."  He went on to say "Here's my number.  If you have any problems, you shouldn't even have to call Customer Service.  Call me.  You'll always be at the top of the list."

Now, I have no idea what that means but I like the thought of being special.  Smiley LOL

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

@Scott53 wrote:
Ok in all fairness, I did call my son in law who is a repairman for att Uverse, and he suggested rebooting all devices and the RG. So I did unplug each, one at a time until they restarted, and then the RG. Went back to the main tv and pushed the VOD button and had pictures in about 4 seconds when it took 2 1/2 minutes yesterday. So not sure this will work for everyone but it sure did for me!

For me it was never slow loading even on my old Vip1216 (in fairness I rebooted just about every week). 

Then on my Vip2250 it was fast, but after a non-destructive disaster recovery, that fixed a dark HDMI PQ problem (figured that one out myself, something might have been corrupted in recent upgrade), it is downright snappy in 1-2 seconds it loads.  Then if I hit again, it loads instantly. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.