disankey's profile

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 2:53 PM

New on demand Format

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

There should be a link to take it back to the old list version, find it and click OK on it and you should have the old version back. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Locating the view change link is easier said than done..
After initiating on demand the first screen has the on-demand categories on the left (blue column) & no indicator to switch. You must select (OK) any of the categories on the list to get the right screen.

The blue column becomes smaller with three icons -
Home
Back
Circle - this is the toggle for list display & back to the new version,

If you have gone farther into the on-demand process, the thin blue column has only two icons -
Home
Back
- You must use one of these to back into the change icon.

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

This new ondemand interface sounds like a pain makes no sense i still have the old model not looking forward to the new model just don't why Uverse will make changes to make it simpler .

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Yeah that would be a very big thumbs down, it's so bad I can't imagine how they ever thought that anyone was gonna like it, it takes about 10 times longer to do anything than it use to.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Hate the new format. Who puts out a product these days that is slower and more difficult to use????? We have been happy with our service up til now but will switch back to Comcast if the format is not switched back!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Even if you do the list view you dont get series listings by season and episode. How the heck should we know what the episode names are??? And it's still slowwwwwww!!!!!

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@BeeBeeSA wrote:

I kind of like it!! Smiley Surprised  But albeit a little slower to "get where your going".  Providers have to update their offerings to keep up with the others out there.  If we were all stagnant we will still be driving cars from the 80's and 90's, have tube TV's, and be passed by.  Just sayin.  Some don't like change but it's inevitable. 

I like it as well.  It seems to get quicker after you use it more.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Why should we do that??? We are already paying for it. We should drop at&t and just do netflix then

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Thanks for the tip on how to change it back to list view.  The poster view is horrible, and should not be the default by any means.  Very few U-verse customers probably even know about these boards, so I hate to think that there are so many people out there having to suffer through this atrocity.  Even with list view it is still terribly slow.  Is there any way that the old system can get restored?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

How do you still have the "old" model, since ATT did NOT give me a choice - it was just switched.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.