disankey's profile

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 2:53 PM

New on demand Format

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

I guess we can blame Netflix although i am a Netflix subscriber and love it .

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

What a horrible surprise I received this afternoon when I returned home and tried to accessed Att Uverse on demand! It is beyond horrible! There was nothing wrong with the way it was accessed before and I suggest the "improvement" be reversed!! I HATE!HATE!HATE! IT!!!

It is SLOW and extremely hard to navigate!!! I WANT MY OLD ACCESS BACK!!!! THIS IS WORSE THAN XFINITY!!!!  My daughter has Xfinity and I have used it. I was thinking just this morning that I was glad I have ATT Uverse because the navigation on the DVR and OnDemand were so easy!!!

There was absolutely no reason for this change!!! Att Uverse's OnDemand is now a bigger piece of crap than Xfinity! I l l left Comcast 3 1/2 years ago for Att Uverse because I was tired of the poor customer service. Att customer service is still better, but your "upgrade" sucks!!! Good job ATT!!!!

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

Uverse is going to have make changes to the new interface no good comments about it all this was huge mistake like the IRS .

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

If I had to guess, the new format is here to stay. Apparently on Jan 7 2013 AT&T announced an extra cost "U-Verse Screen Pack" effectively to compete with Netflix. http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=23654&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=35919

So if you're going to have a Netflix competitor you need a Netflix GUI.

Enter the AT&T programming staff tasked with creating this new interface. I imagine in a lab somewhere with dedicated servers, experimental STBs with extra memory, CAT5 optimized cabling, gigabit internet connections and pocket protectors. Lo and behold, the interface is attractive, fast and mimics Netflix closely. Management says something like " Its been 4 months since the announcement, we need the $5 for the Screen Pack  ROLL IT OUT now".

Now we the unsuspecting customers with central offices, VRADS, 1500' distances from VRADS, bridge taps, telephone copper wire, splitters, coax cabling  and STBs already running with about 75% memory usage dare to complain. LOL

Guru

• 

785 Messages

11 years ago

One Word to subscribe the New On Demand GUI

"Bloatware"

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

This new system is awful! Looks like the majority can't stand it. It took me forever to search through the movies and categories, and the frigging loading of all. It's like it starts over each time you select something. What's up with all the loading anyway, never had to wait like this before. Why can't things that work be left alone?! Any half wit could tell in a second that this change does not work and is ridiculously flawed. I had to push dozens of buttons to select a movie that normally a few clicks would have brought me right to it. Please change it back to the way on demand was. 

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

11 years ago

I got used to it but why so small

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

11 years ago

I received the update about 4 days ago so far so good it's not slow here in california and nothing appears to be broken, guess it's just personal preference for some people

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I hate to add a "me too" but [EDIT] gosh darn it, this interface is HORRIBLE. I honestly question the development cycle there. I see what they were going for, but they FAILED MISERABLY. The goal is not more junk (picture, graphics) the goal is more responsiveness. This is the opposite of responsiveness. The fancy UI is not gong to bring new customers, but a bad UI is bound to lose customers. Instead of being fancy, how about using predictive loading for data?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I can't find anything on this "new" on demand - not only is it hard to read in the colors they have, but I don't have a clue what those pictures represent.  I can see improving to a better system, but ATT have taken  us back not forward.  It the IT team needs something to work on, tell them to figure out why it takes anywhere from 10 to 15 seconds for my calls to go through after I've dialed the number.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.