joewray's profile

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

Saturday, January 30th, 2016 4:20 PM

New Voice Install problem-old landline was forwarded

Uverse voice installed yesterday and voicemail acitvated but not working because, I think I had the old landline (same as new uverse #) forwarded to mobile #.  Incoming calls to Uverse still get forwarded to mobile #, despite having set up VM in Uverse. 

Have tried to access landline # to deactivate call forwarding but won't work because, I think, ATT cancelled landline account.  Any idea on a fix?  Thanks

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@joewray - Two thoughts-

If your new service has been installed in the routing system, the originating calls will never get to your oldterminating equipment. Calls are routed from originating equipment & will go to your new u-verse equipment. The only glitch is how well originators update the routing.

Have you accessed your new voice mail. I am remembering accesing by computer & also *98(?)  to complete the process.

Maybe call 1-800-288-2020 & ask for a reset on your voicemail.

You do not still have an answering machine connected?? Did you previously have caller ID?? Saw a problem with an answering machine that previously was not getting caller ID. When it saw the caller ID it blocked the call - all calls.

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

8 years ago

Yes, have set up new Uverse voice mail on computer & phone.  As noted, I think the problem is the call forwarding on my former AT&T landline (same # as uverse) because the incoming calls on Uverse are forwarded to my mobile # instead of going to Uverse voice mail.

Can't access old residential call forwarding to cancel it, I assume, because AT&T cancelled that account when Uverse was set up.

Thanks for any ideas to resolve.

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

8 years ago

By the way, to answer your previous, no answering machine was activated.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@joewray - It is possible that the answering machine could cause a problem even though it is not activated. In fact you should rule out all your house wiring by connecting a simple phone direct to the RG.

If that is still a problem & you feel you have completed the start up process you should call in for a reset.

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

8 years ago

Have removed phone with answering machine. No change 

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@joewray   Have you tried to forward the Uvoice line then unforward it?

List of all Uvoice codes:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-voice/KM1000459

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

8 years ago

Called uverse voice support and they made changes in Safe Call Forwarding settings on the portal that, for some reason, were causing problems. Good to go now (I hope)😬.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.