texasguy37's profile

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

Thursday, July 28th, 2011 1:41 PM

New Channels!!!!!

In Dallas, I see the following new channels in the Guide with the message COMING SOON:

37 - U-verse Shopping 6

196 - U-verse Shopping 7

228 - U-verse Shopping 8

367 - U-verse Shopping 9

471 - U-verse Shopping 10

580 - U-verse Shopping 11

800 - AT&T U-verse Showcase

909 - Encore MoviePlex (Starplex)

1266 - National Geographic Wild HD

1535 - Fuse Network HD

1654 - Fox Soccer Channel HD

1656 - GolTV HD

1762 - Fox Sports Net Arizona HD

1800 - U-verse Showcase

Scholar

• 

223 Messages

13 years ago

So I guess I can forget about watching live broadcasts of the MTV Movie Awards and the MTV Video Music Awards.  I now have to settle for three-hour delays meaning I won't be able to watch any wardrobe malfunctions or hear any "F" bombs on live TV.  This pretty much negates the joy of getting Fuse HD.

Speaking of east/west feeds, I thought it also sucked that Congress passed and Clinton signed into law 12 years ago that prohibed subscribers of both Direct TV and the Dish Network from receiving live east coast and west coast feeds from the four commercial network stations in New York and Los Angeles.  I was looking forward to watching the evening news at 3:30pm and "Saturday Night Live" at 8:30pm.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

I would imagine that the local network affiliates would felt that they would be hurt if you are watching the network feeds from New York or Los Angeles instead of the feed from the local stations.  It's the same argument used for some of the sports blackouts.

Professor

• 

2K Messages

13 years ago

It's now Monday!!

Mentor

• 

56 Messages

13 years ago

What's up with all of the shopping channels? What an annoyance. Seriously, how many of these things are there now? Must be over 20.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

The Shopping channels are a good thing. Unlike other channels where U-verse pays a fee to the channel owner for the rights to carry the channel in the lineup, the shopping channel generate revenue for AT&T.  This helps to keep the costs of the service down which may help to lessen the amount of future price increases.  May there be more shopping channels!  You can always hide the channels if you don't want to see them in the Guide.

Professor

• 

2K Messages

13 years ago

Yes! I love shopping channels! Hide them and I forget I have them, unlike my old provider, where you had to scroll past them.

And there appears to be 10 u-verse shopping channels plus HSN and QVC. any others??

Professor

• 

2K Messages

13 years ago

And the Showcase channels at 800/1800 appear to be mirrors of 2500.

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

13 years ago

Same with CostaMesaGuy now. I can forget about watching CC live anymore. Looks like my DVR is gonna take the hit, especially around the fall season. Seeing as how we never got FX East HD, I doubt this situation will change any time soon. A shame. I'm really disappointed.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

@ManuelM wrote:

Same with CostaMesaGuy now. I can forget about watching CC live anymore. Looks like my DVR is gonna take the hit, especially around the fall season. Seeing as how we never got FX East HD, I doubt this situation will change any time soon. A shame. I'm really disappointed.

If you live in the western states, you only receive FX-West HD just as those of us who live in the eastern states only receive FX-East HD.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

Here is an excerpt from the official press release:

AT&T* U-verse® TV customers now have access to 10 new channels in their channel lineup, including international programming, movie channels and five High Definition (HD) channels.

The new channels include:

• FOX Soccer HD, FOX Sports Arizona HD, fuse HD, GolTV HD, and Nat Geo WILD HD with qualifying HD packages. With more than 170 HD channels, U-verse TV has more HD channels than anyone.**
  • Spanish-language channel Nat Geo Mundo and Utilisima, available for U200 Latino and Paquete Español subscribers.
  • ENCORE ESPAÑOL, available in the U300 package and above.
  • Aapka Colors, India’s general entertainment channel, bringing viewers a combination of fiction, non-fiction and Bollywood programming. Add to any U-verse TV package for $15 a month.
  • MTV Arabia, available soon for U-verse TV customers, blends pop music from the Middle East and North Africa with classic and new MTV programs, with Arabic subtitles. Add to any U-verse TV package for $5 a month.
  • MOVIEPLEX, part of the Starz Movie Package offering, available in the U300 package and above.

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=20539&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=32322&mapcode=consumer|news_u-verse

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.