New Channels - PAC 12 Channels

I see new channels in the Guide:

759 - PAC 12 Network - National

760 - PAC 12 Network - Bay Area

761 - PAC 12 Network - Los Angeles

1759 - PAC 12 Network - National HD

1760 - PAC 12 Network - Bay Area HD

1761 - PAC 12 Network - Los Angeles HD

If you don't see the channels in your Guide, reboot your receivers.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

I assume that we cannot get PAC12- Arizona, Mountain, Oregon, and Washington because U-Verse does not serve those states yet.

http://pac-12.com/networks

When I checked, U-Verse was not yet listed on the provider list so that video could be streamed onto your computer from Network, Bay Area, and Los Angeles.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Scholar

• 

223 Messages

11 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

Nevertheless, duplication on all three channels is better than no channels at all.

What is the purpose of carrying three channels if it's all the same programming?  Will the Bay Area and Los Angeles channels eventually broadcast something different from the national channels?

I noticed that two other providers in Orange County that carry Pac-12 don't carry the Bay Area channel and that Dish only carries the national channel.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

What is the purpose of carrying three channels if it's all the same programming?  Will the Bay Area and Los Angeles channels eventually broadcast something different from the national channels?

I noticed that two other providers in Orange County that carry Pac-12 don't carry the Bay Area channel and that Dish only carries the national channel.

Yes, there will be some programming distinction, as well as some duplicate programming.

Kudos to AT&T.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I saw the channels on my guide today and subscribed to the Sports package several hours ago (on U-200 in San Diego 92122). I still get that I am not subscribed despite the Account Manager application saying that changes would take effect in 30 minutes, and that I have rebooted my RG about an hour ago. Any thoughts on how to get the channel activated?

I was not subscribed to the Sports package until this morning, and since I subscribed I have access to the CBS Sports channel, which was previously not subscribed. So I know that the Sports package has been applied to my account.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

Are you sure that the Pac 12 channels are part of the Sports Package?  I have not seen any information as to what packages these channels have been placed in.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

That was based on an (admittedly convoluted) online chat who eventually said that the network is available on the Sports package, and when I was looking at the channel lineup to see what package I needed to subscribe to, it said that the Pac-12 Networks would be available as an "Option" for U-200 and it is listed as a Premium channel for U-200. When I search the Sports package specifically the Pac-12 Network doesn't show up, but I can't figure out what packages it might be in.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

Have you tried rebooting the U-verse recever connected to the TV?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Yes, that was the first thing I tried. I rebooted the receiver, that didn't work, so I rebooted my gateway, that didn't work, I tried another TV without luck. I went on to chat since I don't have enough minutes on my cell phone plan to try the phone customer support. It took 30 minutes before I gave up trying to convince them that indeed U-verse now carries the Pac-12 network (They were reciting old lines of AT&T refusing to pass along unreasonable costs to the customer). Right when I gave up and asked them to remove the Sports package, they said "Good news I just found out the Pac-12 network is available on the Sports package". They said they added it back and gave me a month free, but it still doesn't work (suprise). CBS Sports is still working, though. I just restarted the second receiver, no change. I would restart the RG again but that would kick me out of chat (which the representative might actually prefer...)

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

Sounds like you have already done everything that I would suggest.  I'm not sure what's causing the problem.

This won't help you today, but if you can't get this resolved, please send a PM to AT&T Customer Care who can help get your issue resolved.  Also, check the settings on your account to make sure that you will receive email notification when a PM is received on this forum.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.