Need help with your equipment?
Uniblurb3's profile

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

Friday, June 28th, 2013 8:46 PM

New AT&T Yahoo email problems

I was dreading changing from Classic Yahoo email to the new AT&T Yahoo email but was forced to do so yesterday. In accepting it the 1st prompt on the screen read, "Your screen resolution is set below our minimum of 1024x768. For a better experience, try increasing your screen resolution.". So I went into the control panel, changed to the before recommended resolution, and the view was absolutely horrible with everything blown up so big it was fuzzy! Not the "better experience" I was hoping for and went back to the 1024x1024 60Hz setting which is recommended for my Dell 17" square digital monitor (Dell model 1703FP).

So what's the deal on the 1024x768 screen resolution and is this just designed for widescreen monitors/laptops or something? When viewing my inbox there's a 1 1/2" white margin on the right side of the screen and is this normal or due to my screen resolution? Maybe this margin is where ads are and I'm using AdblockPlus 2.2.4 so wouldn't see them?

I also use the notepad feature quite a bit and now the box it's in is crammed up against the top with only about 5 saved notes showing while the whole box is only about 1.25" tall. Tried to drag the bottom line down/and right corner w/o success.

I am happy it saved all the info I had before but I'm sure not liking what I'm seeing. Also thought the privacy settings would be improved in blocking spam but still seeing the same old thing where I have to enter each spam address one at a time in to block them. Filter is the same and just shows the blocked addresses.

Thanks for any help and my experience so far has not been better.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

I still have the Classic version, it comes up on the new ATT net home page, when I click Plese Sign In and it take me back to the Classic hompage w/Classic email.  It's been doing this for while to Uni.

New one wouldn't bother me as I forward all mail to my gmail account. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

11 years ago

Well you're lucky you still have the Classic yahoo email version Chris and believe the forced update to the new AT&T Yahoo just hasn't hit/been released in your area yet. I tried signing out/in and the Classic version is nowhere to be found.

I have a group gmail account but not an individual account. May have to open one just to get away from this new version unless I'm able to fix the problems I spoke about in my previous post. Was going to post these new AT&T Yahoo email problems over on the DSL forum but I don't have DSL and my internet/email has been through U-verse for 5 years!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Response to Uniblurb3 re: e-mail changes:

I too was forced to switch to this "new and improved" AT&T e-mail page.  I did not use the AT&T option before and I do not want it now.  I find it NOT user-friendly.  I find it more difficult to read.  Used to be able to send a new message by just clicking on "To" and making a selection from the contact list.  No longer..  Now it takes a few more steps.  I have tried for the past two days to contact AT&T to see if I can go back to Classic Yahoo.  No matter what time of the day or night I try, on-line chat for customer service is "busy".  This to me shows a lack of customer service.  GIVE ME BACK MY YAHOO CLASSIC!!!  If anyone else feels this way, please post so AT&T will get the idea that they have very unhappy customers out here.   This is the first time I have even posted to a forum column like this, but I am not very pleased with AT&T right now and just had to vent.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I just joined the forum to see if I was alone in hating the new system. When writing a long email, the bottom half the page disappears and I have to fool around to find it. And don't even try to edit a draft - every time you place the cursor to type, the page jumps to another position. It's like trying to swat a fly - you have to sneak up on the end of the last sentence to continue.

I follow the prompts to create a new email folder but nothing happens. This has a lot of glitches and should never have been released without fixing first. The new page is not an improvement, but a cheaper version of a gmail or Hotmail email page - stripped down to just the basics. Miss the Classic. Forced to change against my will.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

Best bet is to forget ATT/Yahoo email and get a gmail account.  Set ATT/Yahoo to forward all mail to the gmail account, no problems there. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

They also have a website, where you can post the feedback or comments about the new AT&T Yahoo view. It is att.net/sendusfeedback. Try that.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have also had some major problems with the new At&T mail.  The most frustrating thing is that the "sort by (date, sender, etc.) dropdown in the upper left corner does not work.  There are several other items on the page that do not work, but this one is the most frustrating to me, since I like to sort my mail be sender and then delete all of the mails from a particular sender all at once.  I spent about an hour with a customer support person last week about this. After trying to explain the problem to him, he connected remotely to my computer and saw it for himself.  The problem was with Internet Explorer, since I also have Google Chrome on my computer, he had me open my mail in Chrome, and the  "Sort by" and other things that weren't functional worked perfectly.  He put me on hold and consulted with someone else.  When he finally came back on, his only solution was that there would be an update in the near future. He said just use Chrome for now and wait for the update. I was using IE 10, and then I went back to IE 9 and saw the same behavior. I am running Windows 7 on my desktop.

Since then I have found that my laptop (which I upgraded to Windows 8 a few months ago) does NOT exhibit the problem when running Windows 7 or the Windows 8 IE app).

Has anyone else noticed this problem??? If so, have you spokeo with anyone from AT&T about it?  I can't find any other references to this problem anywhere.

Thanks in advance for your help on this one.

dontuck

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Your "new & improved" email is terrible!!! It doesn't work more than 1/2 the time. I can't open downloads when sent to me from businesses I deal with daily and I can't move emails to a folder any longer!!! I want my old email back, how can I get it? Those are just a couple of examples of the problems with this "new & improved" email, there are many more.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I would switch email accounts but I use this email from my work also, which is a government entity, there are too many people that have my current email address for me to try to change. I just need these problems fixed or switch me back to Classic!

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

10 years ago

@pbiliff wrote:

Your "new & improved" email is terrible!!! It doesn't work more than 1/2 the time. I can't open downloads when sent to me from businesses I deal with daily and I can't move emails to a folder any longer!!! I want my old email back, how can I get it? Those are just a couple of examples of the problems with this "new & improved" email, there are many more.

Your problems seem like they are specific to your account. Especially in your email only working half the time, unable to open downloads, and not being able to move messages to folders. I'd contact UverseCare by sending them a private message through the below link.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/2365485

This is an older thread I started last year about another email upgrade. But the the newest att/yahoo email version pushed out around June 1st definitely has it's problems. I can't stand not being able to block the ads at the top of the inbox list with Adblock plus, once I've checked an email on the left side for deletion I can't uncheck it, and various other problems. Unfortunately there is no way/option to go back to earlier att/yahoo email versions or I'd do it in a heartbeat! Good luck and we all need it!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.