Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 13, 2014
10:58:39 AM
View profile
MSG Network and SNY

Is MSG network available to Uverse customers similar to SNY and YES? Or is it just exclusive to people in the NY area? Also, why cant you get programming on SNY and YES like old Yankee and Mets yearbook and highlight shows, etc? Is that controlled by those stations? Also, does Uverse have a site where requests on channels can be written? Thanks all

Is MSG network available to Uverse customers similar to SNY and YES? Or is it just exclusive to people in the NY area? Also, why cant you get programming on SNY and YES like old Yankee and Mets yearbook and highlight shows, etc? Is that controlled by those stations? Also, does Uverse have a site where requests on channels can be written? Thanks all

MSG Network and SNY

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2014 11:10:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by davidbk on Jan 7, 2016 at 2:25:13 PM

Npanzeca - Channel access is listed here - http://www.att.com/u-verse/shop/channel-lineup.jsp

As you are alluding to - channel access and content access are not necessarily the same thing.

It starts with sports blackouts because the teams own the areas. I believe there is a web site that lists what your local sports team is.

This is now bleeding in to viewing any programming on portable devices. The technology is there, but actual viewing is iffy due to contracts with content owners.

(edited to remove link to deactivated website)

Npanzeca - Channel access is listed here - http://www.att.com/u-verse/shop/channel-lineup.jsp

As you are alluding to - channel access and content access are not necessarily the same thing.

It starts with sports blackouts because the teams own the areas. I believe there is a web site that lists what your local sports team is.

This is now bleeding in to viewing any programming on portable devices. The technology is there, but actual viewing is iffy due to contracts with content owners.

(edited to remove link to deactivated website)

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: MSG Network and SNY

[ Edited ]
2 of 10 (1,209 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2014 8:23:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
It is true that some channels are only available in certain areas.
As already said, a lot of old games and various team-related shows (not games) are blacked out if you're not in-market. This phenomenon seems to be quite true with baseball.
It is true that some channels are only available in certain areas.
As already said, a lot of old games and various team-related shows (not games) are blacked out if you're not in-market. This phenomenon seems to be quite true with baseball.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 10 (1,129 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2014 2:49:22 PM
(0)
Scholar

I live in Florida and I am getting blackouts on Miami Dolphin team shows on FoxSports Florida, not games.

I called ATT and they said that it was the FSF that was blacking out these broadcast. I called the Miami Dolphins and was told I should be getting these type shows. I then called FSF and they told me that ATT was blackingout these broadcasts. So I called ATT again and was told that FSF was blacking out the broadcast. I tried to explain that I spoke to FSF but the rep didn't want to hear it. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told no one was available. I asked to have a supervisor call me back and I am still waiting. It has been eight days since my call and message. It's a good thing that I am not holding my breath waiting. Then they wonder why people are leaving U-verse.

I live in Florida and I am getting blackouts on Miami Dolphin team shows on FoxSports Florida, not games.

I called ATT and they said that it was the FSF that was blacking out these broadcast. I called the Miami Dolphins and was told I should be getting these type shows. I then called FSF and they told me that ATT was blackingout these broadcasts. So I called ATT again and was told that FSF was blacking out the broadcast. I tried to explain that I spoke to FSF but the rep didn't want to hear it. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told no one was available. I asked to have a supervisor call me back and I am still waiting. It has been eight days since my call and message. It's a good thing that I am not holding my breath waiting. Then they wonder why people are leaving U-verse.

4 of 10 (1,068 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2014 8:43:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

JohninFL wrote:

FS Florida airs NFL stuff during the offseason? I haven't seen any Browns or Bengals stuff on FS Ohio. Odd.

AT&T merely shows what they're given.

10 million subscribers and growing...

http://www.multichannel.com/news/content/atts-u-verse-universe-expands-107m-subs/356354

JohninFL wrote:

FS Florida airs NFL stuff during the offseason? I haven't seen any Browns or Bengals stuff on FS Ohio. Odd.

http://www.multichannel.com/news/content/atts-u-verse-universe-expands-107m-subs/356354

5 of 10 (1,019 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2014 12:04:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by mibrnsurg on Jun 22, 2014 at 12:29:06 PM

JohninFL wrote:

Check here to see the sports teams you are able to see from your location:

http://www.att.com/gen/sites/iptv?pid=13716

You get all Dolphin games on Fox/CBS, if you are not in Dolphin territory, you will not get Dolphin programming on FS Florida.   Where are you located in Florida? Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

JohninFL wrote:

Check here to see the sports teams you are able to see from your location:

http://www.att.com/gen/sites/iptv?pid=13716

You get all Dolphin games on Fox/CBS, if you are not in Dolphin territory, you will not get Dolphin programming on FS Florida.   Where are you located in Florida? Smiley Surprised

Chris

Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

[ Edited ]
6 of 10 (997 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2014 12:27:34 PM
(0)
Scholar

NFL games are not shown on regional sports channels. Miami Dolphins games are on the local CBS affiliate and sometimes on FOX if they are playing an NFC team. ATT is blackingout local broadcast on regional sport channels that are not games. I am talking about the next day game recap with the coaching staff and players.

I have had issues with ATT blackingout my local sports teams (Marlins, Rays, Magic and Lightning when the game should not have been blackedout. The excuse was "oops, we made a mistake".

I think ATT is being overly cautious on the blackouts. If the team and the regional sports channel are telling me that I should be getting these broadcasts than the issue is with ATT and they don't want to address it.

Brighthouse, the local cable company does broadcast these type of shows.

NFL games are not shown on regional sports channels. Miami Dolphins games are on the local CBS affiliate and sometimes on FOX if they are playing an NFC team. ATT is blackingout local broadcast on regional sport channels that are not games. I am talking about the next day game recap with the coaching staff and players.

I have had issues with ATT blackingout my local sports teams (Marlins, Rays, Magic and Lightning when the game should not have been blackedout. The excuse was "oops, we made a mistake".

I think ATT is being overly cautious on the blackouts. If the team and the regional sports channel are telling me that I should be getting these broadcasts than the issue is with ATT and they don't want to address it.

Brighthouse, the local cable company does broadcast these type of shows.

7 of 10 (990 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2014 12:56:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Here's the NFL territory map:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=NFL+team+territory+map&qpvt=NFL+team+territory+map&FORM=IGRE#vie... Smiley Wink

Chris

Here's the NFL territory map:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=NFL+team+territory+map&qpvt=NFL+team+territory+map&FORM=IGRE#view=detail&id=8037E172B8F7A8849590E0C43068817E4814F752&selectedIndex=1 Smiley Wink

Chris

8 of 10 (983 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2014 5:53:39 PM
(0)
Scholar

baseballisback wrote:

JohninFL wrote:

In Cleveland  Cleveland Browns stuff airs on Sportstime Ohio which was purchased by Fox at the beginning of last year.

baseballisback wrote:

JohninFL wrote:

In Cleveland  Cleveland Browns stuff airs on Sportstime Ohio which was purchased by Fox at the beginning of last year.

9 of 10 (954 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2014 5:58:11 PM
(0)
Scholar

In Ohio Fox Sports Ohio airs the Cinncinat Reds, the Columbus Blue Jackets and the Cleveland Cavaliers. Fox Sportstime Ohio airs the Cleveland Indians.

In Ohio Fox Sports Ohio airs the Cinncinat Reds, the Columbus Blue Jackets and the Cleveland Cavaliers. Fox Sportstime Ohio airs the Cleveland Indians.

10 of 10 (951 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments