3:13:17 AM
View profile
MLB Strike Zone
Edited by texasguy37 on Mar 27, 2014 at 3:13:37 AM

I see a new channel in the Guide with COMING SOON. . :

1635 - MLB Strike Zone HD

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

MLB Strike Zone

[ Edited ]
25 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(25)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2014 7:09:46 AM
(0)
Scholar

This great news could we see MLB extra innings coming maybe Smiley Happy

texasguy37 wrote:

This great news could we see MLB extra innings coming maybe Smiley Happy

texasguy37 wrote:

Re: MLB Strike Zone

2 of 26 (2,561 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2014 8:27:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Yay!

Although, I have u-300. I bet it's sports pack only. I don't really care, but it's still good news. Maybe we will see MLB EI.

It's also been a while since we've had "coming soon" channels.
Yay!

Although, I have u-300. I bet it's sports pack only. I don't really care, but it's still good news. Maybe we will see MLB EI.

It's also been a while since we've had "coming soon" channels.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 26 (2,542 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2014 8:44:26 AM
(0)
Mentor

Here is a link I found for this station: http://mlb.mlb.com/network/promotions/strike_zone.jsp

Here is a link I found for this station: http://mlb.mlb.com/network/promotions/strike_zone.jsp

4 of 26 (2,534 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2014 8:54:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

...just for my friend dwinth, "you can add this nonsense but not the Hakkmark channels?" Smiley Tongue Smiley Very Happy

Seriously, good for MLB fans  and I concur that I bet it will be Sports Pack, only.  that being said - this channel is similar to Red Zone, whuich is HD PT only.  We should find out, soon!

...just for my friend dwinth, "you can add this nonsense but not the Hakkmark channels?" Smiley Tongue Smiley Very Happy

Seriously, good for MLB fans  and I concur that I bet it will be Sports Pack, only.  that being said - this channel is similar to Red Zone, whuich is HD PT only.  We should find out, soon!

5 of 26 (2,525 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2014 9:42:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by dwinth on Mar 27, 2014 at 9:45:11 AM

dhascall wrote:

I WANT MY HAKKMARK NOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

I am curious how MLB Strike Zone will appear. I assume it will be similar to Red Zone. Will it be a just adequate substitute for MLB Extra Innings as Red Zone is a just adequate substitute for NFL Sunday ticket?

How many years had MLB Strike Zone been around, or is this the first season for it?

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

dhascall wrote:

I am curious how MLB Strike Zone will appear. I assume it will be similar to Red Zone. Will it be a just adequate substitute for MLB Extra Innings as Red Zone is a just adequate substitute for NFL Sunday ticket?

How many years had MLB Strike Zone been around, or is this the first season for it?

[ Edited ]
6 of 26 (2,507 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2014 9:54:11 AM
(0)
Scholar

Looks like a channel similar to NFL Red Zone channel but according to the site only Tuesday and Thursday. I hope it leads to EI but I have a feeling they are seperate entities and one doesnt mean the other but it would be sweet if it did!!

Looks like a channel similar to NFL Red Zone channel but according to the site only Tuesday and Thursday. I hope it leads to EI but I have a feeling they are seperate entities and one doesnt mean the other but it would be sweet if it did!!

7 of 26 (2,501 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2014 10:05:01 AM
(0)
Scholar

This will be the third year it  launched on April 10, 2012

8 of 26 (2,495 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2014 10:05:42 AM
(0)
Scholar

dwinth wrote:

dhascall wrote:

dwinth wrote:

dhascall wrote:

9 of 26 (2,494 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2014 12:49:44 PM
(0)
Scholar

Npanzeca wrote:

Looks like a channel similar to NFL Red Zone channel but according to the site only Tuesday and Thursday.

The site says Tuesdays and Fridays, and only from 7 to 10 PM Eastern.  (It lists a few dates where it starts up to an hour later, but the dates look like they are from 2013.)

Npanzeca wrote:

Looks like a channel similar to NFL Red Zone channel but according to the site only Tuesday and Thursday.

The site says Tuesdays and Fridays, and only from 7 to 10 PM Eastern.  (It lists a few dates where it starts up to an hour later, but the dates look like they are from 2013.)

10 of 26 (2,450 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2014 2:34:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
As I said earlier, I have u-300. I see the "not subscribed" screen. Other providers have it on their sports tiers.

I think it's one free month of this channel.
As I said earlier, I have u-300. I see the "not subscribed" screen. Other providers have it on their sports tiers.

I think it's one free month of this channel.

11 of 26 (2,415 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2014 4:48:02 PM
(0)
Scholar
I have the u-450 package and I also see the "not subscribed" screen btw.
I have the u-450 package and I also see the "not subscribed" screen btw.

12 of 26 (2,225 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2014 5:34:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The channel is part of the HD Premium Tier Package.  That is the reason only the HD version is available.

The channel is part of the HD Premium Tier Package.  That is the reason only the HD version is available.

13 of 26 (2,209 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2014 9:52:50 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by joelifer on Mar 31, 2014 at 9:53:07 PM

Packaged in the same tier as NFL REDZONE then, makes sense.

[ Edited ]
14 of 26 (2,169 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2014 11:38:50 AM
(0)
Guru

dhascall wrote:

U-verse also has Buzzer Beater by ESPN but that is on the sports package

dhascall wrote:

U-verse also has Buzzer Beater by ESPN but that is on the sports package

15 of 26 (2,116 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2014 12:12:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

joelifer wrote:

Maybe next year, they can get NASCAR Hot Pass, on HD Premium Tier, lol.  I know, I know, never have Sprint Cup "Hot Pass" on AT&T.

joelifer wrote:

Maybe next year, they can get NASCAR Hot Pass, on HD Premium Tier, lol.  I know, I know, never have Sprint Cup "Hot Pass" on AT&T.

16 of 26 (2,109 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2014 4:56:43 PM
(0)
Scholar

I am watching this right now. Very cool. Definitely like a Red Zone for baseball. To bad it's only two days a week.

I am watching this right now. Very cool. Definitely like a Red Zone for baseball. To bad it's only two days a week.

17 of 26 (2,051 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2014 6:18:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Oh ya this is a great Channel and I agree to bad it is only on 2 days a week.

Oh ya this is a great Channel and I agree to bad it is only on 2 days a week.

18 of 26 (2,029 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2014 7:30:05 PM
(0)
Scholar

they might have it like that ..so they still can try to get mlb.tv buys

they might have it like that ..so they still can try to get mlb.tv buys

19 of 26 (2,008 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2014 9:21:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
shewjr is right. It's like RedZone. If you're a casual fan or want to do better in your fantasy league, this is for you. If you're a fan of a non-regional team and want to view games, MLB.TV would be a better fit.
shewjr is right. It's like RedZone. If you're a casual fan or want to do better in your fantasy league, this is for you. If you're a fan of a non-regional team and want to view games, MLB.TV would be a better fit.

20 of 26 (1,959 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2014 8:55:05 AM
(0)
Teacher

I have the HD Premium Tier but MLB Strike Zone channel =1635 was NOT on last night (Tues) at 9pm Pacific Time.  Only a static image saying it's live Tues & Fridays (but doesn't indicate what time periods).

Has anyone been able to view it live?

Thanks

I have the HD Premium Tier but MLB Strike Zone channel =1635 was NOT on last night (Tues) at 9pm Pacific Time.  Only a static image saying it's live Tues & Fridays (but doesn't indicate what time periods).

Has anyone been able to view it live?

Thanks

21 of 26 (1,572 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2014 9:11:07 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by shewjr on May 21, 2014 at 9:12:53 AM
Spoiler
Spoiler
it is normally on from 7 eastern time until around 10 eastern time.....in my case it is on from 6 ct until 9 central time...i watch it every tuesday and friday night......those are only 2 days that it is on

Spoiler
Spoiler
it is normally on from 7 eastern time until around 10 eastern time.....in my case it is on from 6 ct until 9 central time...i watch it every tuesday and friday night......those are only 2 days that it is on

[ Edited ]
22 of 26 (1,566 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2014 1:09:53 PM
(0)
Teacher

Dear Spoiler, Thanks for the time schedule of MLB Strike Zone Channel.  Those times are OK for East Coast people, but not those on West Coast (4pm to 7pm).  There are no West Coast games on during those times! 

Dear Spoiler, Thanks for the time schedule of MLB Strike Zone Channel.  Those times are OK for East Coast people, but not those on West Coast (4pm to 7pm).  There are no West Coast games on during those times! 

23 of 26 (1,537 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2014 5:46:18 PM
(0)
Scholar

that totally sucks..never thouhght of the west coast....y'all still at work when mlb strike zone is on

that totally sucks..never thouhght of the west coast....y'all still at work when mlb strike zone is on

24 of 26 (1,513 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2014 8:13:17 PM
(0)
Teacher

Yes, it's a disappointment for sure.  Why cut off all the midwest and pacific coast MLB games by ending at 7pm Pacific time?  Most folks here in CA don't get home till 6:30pm or 7pm & don't turn  watch TV till after dinner ~8pm to 8:30pm.

Thanks for your understanding!

Yes, it's a disappointment for sure.  Why cut off all the midwest and pacific coast MLB games by ending at 7pm Pacific time?  Most folks here in CA don't get home till 6:30pm or 7pm & don't turn  watch TV till after dinner ~8pm to 8:30pm.

Thanks for your understanding!

25 of 26 (1,497 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2014 8:35:46 PM
(0)
Scholar

i use the west coast feeds...to dvr some shows that come on tru tv.....

i use the west coast feeds...to dvr some shows that come on tru tv.....

26 of 26 (1,492 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments