Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 13, 2014
1:17:16 PM
View profile
MLB Extra Innings

With spring training fast approaching is there any hope for us to get MLB Extra Innings this year or will we still get shut out while most other cable/dish options offer it? I still dont understand why Uverse has the NBA package but not baseball? Is there that much more of a demand for the NBA over MLB? And yes, I know I can use a Roku or something like that but I'd rather give my money to Uverse.

With spring training fast approaching is there any hope for us to get MLB Extra Innings this year or will we still get shut out while most other cable/dish options offer it? I still dont understand why Uverse has the NBA package but not baseball? Is there that much more of a demand for the NBA over MLB? And yes, I know I can use a Roku or something like that but I'd rather give my money to Uverse.

MLB Extra Innings

36 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(36)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2014 3:47:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by oufanindallas on Apr 15, 2014 at 3:48:59 PM

mlbfan9 wrote:
Its 2014..and UVERSE can't get the mlb package. Mom and pop cable.providers offer it. I will not be a UVERSE customer when my year is up, unless they offer it. As far as roku or whatever, why should I need something extra for u verse when every other provider doesn't? Its a crap company.

And to expand on what texasguy stated, when there is a group of smaller providers they go through a third party vendor to be able to offer it. That way it costs the provider less since the cost is spread across several providers.  With a major provider such as AT&T and as TG stated, they do not have that option and if it doesn't make business sense, they they will not offer it. 

As for a ROKU, while you may not like that option, it can be used for many more services other than just MLB, it allows you access to all major sports packages except for NFL Sunday Ticket which is a Direct TV exclusive as well as Netflix, Hulu+, Amazon Prime, etc.  I have two at home and love them.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

mlbfan9 wrote:
Its 2014..and UVERSE can't get the mlb package. Mom and pop cable.providers offer it. I will not be a UVERSE customer when my year is up, unless they offer it. As far as roku or whatever, why should I need something extra for u verse when every other provider doesn't? Its a crap company.

And to expand on what texasguy stated, when there is a group of smaller providers they go through a third party vendor to be able to offer it. That way it costs the provider less since the cost is spread across several providers.  With a major provider such as AT&T and as TG stated, they do not have that option and if it doesn't make business sense, they they will not offer it. 

As for a ROKU, while you may not like that option, it can be used for many more services other than just MLB, it allows you access to all major sports packages except for NFL Sunday Ticket which is a Direct TV exclusive as well as Netflix, Hulu+, Amazon Prime, etc.  I have two at home and love them.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: MLB Extra Innings

[ Edited ]
31 of 37 (1,951 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2014 8:45:26 AM
(0)
Tutor

Maybe AT&T Uverse will begin offering now that AT&T is buying DirectTV (an Extra Innings provider)?

Maybe AT&T Uverse will begin offering now that AT&T is buying DirectTV (an Extra Innings provider)?

32 of 37 (1,791 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2014 10:15:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

tdwalla1 wrote:

As said elsewhere:

1) It'll take a long time for this to go through. Time Warner and Comcast announced their merger several months ago and what exactly has happened there.

2) If this merger gets approved and IF it goes through, it'll be a long time before channel lineups are consolidated. Contracts have to be upheld and renegotiated...usually only when they come up for renewal. Sirius and XM announced their merger circa 2008 and it took 2-3 years for the lineup to be merged and even longer for the MLB play-by-play channels to be added to some Sirius radios.

Your best bet is to get the MLB app with Chromecast and stream from your phone or laptop. Plus this way, you can take it on the road...and you can actually watch your local team from other locations.

tdwalla1 wrote:

As said elsewhere:

1) It'll take a long time for this to go through. Time Warner and Comcast announced their merger several months ago and what exactly has happened there.

2) If this merger gets approved and IF it goes through, it'll be a long time before channel lineups are consolidated. Contracts have to be upheld and renegotiated...usually only when they come up for renewal. Sirius and XM announced their merger circa 2008 and it took 2-3 years for the lineup to be merged and even longer for the MLB play-by-play channels to be added to some Sirius radios.

Your best bet is to get the MLB app with Chromecast and stream from your phone or laptop. Plus this way, you can take it on the road...and you can actually watch your local team from other locations.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

33 of 37 (1,775 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2014 4:48:37 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by cathy2981 on Jun 25, 2014 at 5:01:52 PM

OK I am a New York Yankee fan and I went to AT&T to get Yankee games on the YES network. Turns out YES plus about 10 sport stations are part of a package where ALL GAMES ARE BLACKED OUT ALL THE TIME. You get other programming (who cares) but no games. Of course MLB extra innings is not available as you point out.

Calls and emails including the president’s office provide no answers or solutions other than to cancel and fight about who violated the contract first. This is bait and switch compounded by customer service organization that is uninformed, uninterested and uncaring from top to bottom

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

OK I am a New York Yankee fan and I went to AT&T to get Yankee games on the YES network. Turns out YES plus about 10 sport stations are part of a package where ALL GAMES ARE BLACKED OUT ALL THE TIME. You get other programming (who cares) but no games. Of course MLB extra innings is not available as you point out.

Calls and emails including the president’s office provide no answers or solutions other than to cancel and fight about who violated the contract first. This is bait and switch compounded by customer service organization that is uninformed, uninterested and uncaring from top to bottom

[ Edited ]
34 of 37 (1,594 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2014 7:53:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

bbarrese wrote:

What "answers or solutions" do you want the "office of the president" to give you? The various leagues set blackout rules. Unless you live in an area where you are supposed to get Yankees games, per MLB, then AT&T has not violated its terms of service, and it has never advertised that everyone everywhere could get every game they want, so there's been no "bait and switch". 

As far as solutions, in this thread, several people have mentioned subscribing to Extra Innings on Roku; have you considered that?

bbarrese wrote:

What "answers or solutions" do you want the "office of the president" to give you? The various leagues set blackout rules. Unless you live in an area where you are supposed to get Yankees games, per MLB, then AT&T has not violated its terms of service, and it has never advertised that everyone everywhere could get every game they want, so there's been no "bait and switch". 

As far as solutions, in this thread, several people have mentioned subscribing to Extra Innings on Roku; have you considered that?

35 of 37 (1,574 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2014 3:18:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

AT&T isn't the ones blacking out the games, MLB is.  Put your ZIP code in here and it will show you which teams you will be able to watch without getting a ROKU and purchasing Extra Innings.

AT&T isn't the ones blacking out the games, MLB is.  Put your ZIP code in here and it will show you which teams you will be able to watch without getting a ROKU and purchasing Extra Innings.

36 of 37 (1,559 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2014 2:50:41 PM
(0)
Scholar

I am a Yankee fan living in Florida and I have had MLB.TV for the last three years. I stream in through the desktop or laptop to a big screen TV. While I would rather have EI, MLB.TV is cheaper. The first year I paid full price. The second year I waited until June, the week before Father's Day, and paid $49.95. This year I again waited until June and got the Premium for $49.95 as a returning customer. (MLB has been running this special as a Farther's Day gift subscription.)  I get to see all of the games that I want. When the Yankees are in Florida we either go to the games or watch on the regional sports channel.

I am a Yankee fan living in Florida and I have had MLB.TV for the last three years. I stream in through the desktop or laptop to a big screen TV. While I would rather have EI, MLB.TV is cheaper. The first year I paid full price. The second year I waited until June, the week before Father's Day, and paid $49.95. This year I again waited until June and got the Premium for $49.95 as a returning customer. (MLB has been running this special as a Farther's Day gift subscription.)  I get to see all of the games that I want. When the Yankees are in Florida we either go to the games or watch on the regional sports channel.

37 of 37 (1,526 Views)