Npanzeca's profile

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

Monday, January 13th, 2014 9:17 PM

MLB Extra Innings

With spring training fast approaching is there any hope for us to get MLB Extra Innings this year or will we still get shut out while most other cable/dish options offer it? I still dont understand why Uverse has the NBA package but not baseball? Is there that much more of a demand for the NBA over MLB? And yes, I know I can use a Roku or something like that but I'd rather give my money to Uverse.

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

good ridance!

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

Moral of the story? Research your channels before you switch, just the same as you would research schools and crime before moving neighborhoods.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@sportsfreaked wrote:

AT&T Uverse is not worth the money I'm paying for it. No MLB Extra Innings, NO NHL NETWORK, NO NHL CENTER ICE. I PAY THE SAME WITH AT&T THAT I DID WITH COMCAST OR DIRECT TV. TIME TO GO BACK TO DIRECT TV. UVERSE IS HORRIBLE. I SHOUL SHAVE NEVER SWITCHED FROM DIRECT TV!!!!!

If those were important to you, then you should have checked before switching. AT&T has never had Extra Innings and hasn't had NHL Network since 2010.  Both Comcast and Direct are losing tv customers while AT&T grows so UVerse must not be horrible as you claim.  I switched from Direct in 2009 and have not regretted it once.

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

10 years ago

I switched in 2008 from TWC and never regretted it. I think trolls are planted on most of this stuff.  Most folks surely look at what's offered BEFORE they sign up.

Scholar

• 

276 Messages

10 years ago

Agree. I am sure this site gets many trolls from other services.

Scholar

• 

195 Messages

10 years ago

I was with a previous cable provider called allen's cable.....a mickey mouse company.....nowhere near the channels that uverse has...i was glad when i got the letter in the mail saying it was available...got hooked up 3 days later...no regrets...as for mlb extra innings....i got mlb.tv on roku

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Its 2014..and UVERSE can't get the mlb package. Mom and pop cable.providers offer it. I will not be a UVERSE customer when my year is up, unless they offer it. As far as roku or whatever, why should I need something extra for u verse when every other provider doesn't? Its a crap company.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

10 years ago

@mlbfan9 wrote:
Its 2014..and UVERSE can't get the mlb package. Mom and pop cable.providers offer it. I will not be a UVERSE customer when my year is up, unless they offer it. As far as roku or whatever, why should I need something extra for u verse when every other provider doesn't? Its a crap company.

Because accessing it on Roku is better than watching MLB Extra Innings from a TV provider.  

By the way, not every provider offers MLB Extra Innings.  Dish Network, which has more subscribers than U-verse, has not offered MLB Extra Innings since 2006.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@mlbfan9 wrote:

And to expand on what texasguy stated, when there is a group of smaller providers they go through a third party vendor to be able to offer it. That way it costs the provider less since the cost is spread across several providers.  With a major provider such as AT&T and as TG stated, they do not have that option and if it doesn't make business sense, they they will not offer it. 

As for a ROKU, while you may not like that option, it can be used for many more services other than just MLB, it allows you access to all major sports packages except for NFL Sunday Ticket which is a Direct TV exclusive as well as Netflix, Hulu+, Amazon Prime, etc.  I have two at home and love them.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Maybe AT&T Uverse will begin offering now that AT&T is buying DirectTV (an Extra Innings provider)?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.