NCDodgerGirl's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 24th, 2011 4:25 PM

Closed

MLB Blackouts

I live in NC, and I understand why the games in my area are blacked out (although Cincinnati is in "my area" - really?).  But, I specifically signed up for the HD Premium package so I could get FSNP and FSNW so I could watch the LA Dodger games. Last time I checked, LA is about 3000 miles away from North Carolina, and yet each time I have tried to watch a pre-season game, it has been blacked out. Ugh! Help!

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

You know, I'm really having a hard time believing ATT is not totally at fault for these black outs. My collie, Dylan is pretty smart and agrees with me. I think ATT needs to get on the ball and truly hear their subscribers wishes to pay a little more dinero to get what sports channels they wish. Just sayin...put it out there and see what happens.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

If you are in the Atlanta Hawks broadcast territory, their games will be available when broadcast on channels 729 and 1729. If you are not inside the Atlanta Hawks territory, their games will be blacked out on channels 729 and 1729.  You can enter your zip code in the link below to see if you are in the Atlanta Hawks broadcast territory:

http://www.att.com/Common/iptv/files/dkpages/sportsnetworkinfo.html

If you have a problem with the blackout rules of the professional leagues, complain to those leagues.  TV providers do not set league blackout policies.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@SuSaN03 wrote:

You know, I'm really having a hard time believing ATT is not totally at fault for these black outs. My collie, Dylan is pretty smart and agrees with me. I think ATT needs to get on the ball and truly hear their subscribers wishes to pay a little more dinero to get what sports channels they wish. Just sayin...put it out there and see what happens.

If you are having a conversation about this with a dog, you have issues that go well beyond what anyone on this forum can help you resolve.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

I would certainly hope that Texas people would realize when something is stated "tongue in cheek" and I was referring to the other person with his White Highland Terrier who voiced his opinion before mine. I truly hope you are not this rude to other ladies! My Mama taught me to play nice so I'll say no more...just be more respecful when dealing with others...just sayin.....

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@SuSaN03 wrote:

I would certainly hope that Texas people would realize when something is stated "tongue in cheek" and I was referring to the other person with his White Highland Terrier who voiced his opinion before mine. I truly hope you are not this rude to other ladies! My Mama taught me to play nice so I'll say no more...just be more respecful when dealing with others...just sayin.....

I hope that is the case.  The league blackout rules will not change no matter how much you post your displeasure with them on this forum.

By the way, you should follow your own advice.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

Since you are an ATT employee, perhaps you would be in a position to let us all know if UV is ever considering adding Peachtree TV (for Braves games only) to its lineup??...not to put you on the spot or anything. Time Warner (HATE THEM) would only air the games and then off the station would go.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@SuSaN03 wrote:

Since you are an ATT employee, perhaps you would be in a position to let us all know if UV is ever considering adding Peachtree TV (for Braves games only) to its lineup??...not to put you on the spot or anything. Time Warner (HATE THEM) would only air the games and then off the station would go.

Keep the accusations coming!

Former Employee

• 

310 Messages

12 years ago

@SuSaN03 wrote:

As an ATT employee, it's required to have a disclaimer on any post made on any ATT social media site. Texasguy is not an ATT employee.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

When the ATT Uverse came to my house to see if I was interested in changing cable, my question to them was, "Will I still be able to watch the Brewers game?"  At that time,  I had comcast and was paying for the mlb extra innings.  I was told that I WOULD be able to watch Brewers game and all games because I would get Fox Sports North Midwest and all other channels.  I would have NEVER switched over if I would have known that I could watch the channel....just not the baseball games.  Why would anybody pay for the HD premeir package which is mainly sports channels if they can't watch the sports games?  This has been totally misleading.  Am I getting this wrong?  Has anybody else been mislead this way?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@savytur wrote:

When the ATT Uverse came to my house to see if I was interested in changing cable, my question to them was, "Will I still be able to watch the Brewers game?"  At that time,  I had comcast and was paying for the mlb extra innings.  I was told that I WOULD be able to watch Brewers game and all games because I would get Fox Sports North Midwest and all other channels.  I would have NEVER switched over if I would have known that I could watch the channel....just not the baseball games.  Why would anybody pay for the HD premeir package which is mainly sports channels if they can't watch the sports games?  This has been totally misleading.  Am I getting this wrong?  Has anybody else been mislead this way? 

Did you think that you could pay $7/month for the HD Premium Tier Package to be able to watch all the games on the out of market RSN's that are sold in the MLB Extra Innings, NBA League Pass, NHL Center Ice, and MLS Direct Kick out of market packages? All those packages together might cost you about $1,000/year.

The main value that I get out of the out of market RSN's is access to college games that I could not otherwise see.  There is also professional team programming outside of the actual games.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.