AustinTX#1's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 10:50 PM

Longhorn Network - Just say 'No'

I greatly appreciate the value provided by AT&T in bundling tv/wireless/internet services.  Similarly, the bundling of channels allows customers to access a variety of programming at substantial savings.

However, occasionally, programming comes along that is so expensive and directed at such a narrow, niche market that it deserves to be left off of the programming options or ordered solely as an 'a la carte' option.  If the reports about the price tag  to cable providers  to offer the 'longhorn network' (by ESPN) are accurate, the only way it could be added to current bundled programming packages is at substantial cost to MANY people who have no interest in the programming. 

Please AT&T, keep prices low, by either not offering or charging ONLY those who desire this programming option.

Thanks!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Yes, it is now live on channel 609/1609.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I WANT IT....I WANT IT NOW!...I DON'T CARE WHAT IT COSTS!!...GO AWAY AGGIE POSTERS...HOOK EM!!!!!!!!

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

According to http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/austin/uverse-flips-switch-on-longhorn-network the Longhorn Network will be carried by AT&T. What tier?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Didn't I tell yall U Verse was getting Longhorn Network?

and that it would happen Friday? 

Don't yall doubt my words, I know what I'm talking about.

BOOM! 

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

That rumor has been all over the internet since earlier this week.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Not U200 or under, I don't have it :(((

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

@thefaith333 wrote:

Didn't I tell yall U Verse was getting Longhorn Network?

and that it would happen Friday? 

Don't yall doubt my words, I know what I'm talking about.

Please understand that since AT&T never formally announces channel additions prior to the actual appearance of them in the channel lineup, any and all claims that are posted that a channel is coming have to be treated as unsubstantiated.

While I'm sure there are many Texas Longhorn fans who are very happy that this channel has actually arrived, be aware that in the history of this forum, most of the predictions and claims of soon-to-be-here channels that have been posted have all been eventually revealed as false.  Thus the skepticism.  It's not personal, it's just probabilities.

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

12 years ago

"This is another example of how we continue to deliver the content customers want.”;

Please excuse me but I have a real problem with that statement. I have a feeling that Disney Jr, Hallmark, NHL, BBCAmerica, Beinsports and Pac 10 fanns will agree. I'm happy for Longhorn fans but this is not what I want. Up here in Ohio that channel will probably have a zero rating. Yes I definelly have a problem with that statement.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

This isn't the day to rain on anyone's parade or be a wet blanket!  Smiley Very Happy

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

12 years ago

I think what finally made this possible was the split tiering.  TX residents get it on U200.   Others have to subscribe to U450.  That way Uverse has to pay ESPN for a much-reduced number of subscribers vs. it being available to everyone in the country.  Uverse may actually pick up one or two subscribers for U450 this way.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.