AustinTX#1's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 10:50 PM

Longhorn Network - Just say 'No'

I greatly appreciate the value provided by AT&T in bundling tv/wireless/internet services.  Similarly, the bundling of channels allows customers to access a variety of programming at substantial savings.

However, occasionally, programming comes along that is so expensive and directed at such a narrow, niche market that it deserves to be left off of the programming options or ordered solely as an 'a la carte' option.  If the reports about the price tag  to cable providers  to offer the 'longhorn network' (by ESPN) are accurate, the only way it could be added to current bundled programming packages is at substantial cost to MANY people who have no interest in the programming. 

Please AT&T, keep prices low, by either not offering or charging ONLY those who desire this programming option.

Thanks!

Scholar

• 

282 Messages

12 years ago

i wouldnt know. and i def'ly dont care. i was just pointing out the irony that pac 12 network  is avaiable in ATX but  the shorthorn network gets denied.

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

12 years ago

The funny part about all of this is that even if a deal with LHN were announced tomorrow with the holiday weekend and what could be a heavy demand for install most of these "converts" would not get to see the first two games anyway.

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

12 years ago

Talk about naive. Can you believe this Face book post? Just heard confirmation that Uverse is getting the LHN tomorrow!!!!!!!! Congrats Uverse. I hope you have a lot of technicians available tomorrow!

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

12 years ago

This guy actually thinks that they are going to send installers out to everybody tomorrow so they won't miss the game. On labor day weekend yet I'm sorry but I just can't believe....

[Please keep it courteous]

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

@Ish Kabibble wrote:
The funny part about all of this is that even if a deal with LHN were announced tomorrow with the holiday weekend and what could be a heavy demand for install most of these "converts" would not get to see the first two games anyway.

Until I see it show  up somewhere between channel 600 and 790 (1600-1790) I wouldn't put any faith in those posts.

Scholar

• 

375 Messages

12 years ago

I see where channels 1635 and 1636 have been activated, could one of them be Longhorn network?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@bill4002 wrote:

I see where channels 1635 and 1636 have been activated, could one of them be Longhorn network?

Doubtful.  Those will be used for PPV college football games.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

I'm seeing that as well (Off-Air, Press OK for Rental Info).

In my HIDE CHANELS, both of those are now checked (new), and I hide all sports.

I'm seeing College Football HD PPV 1 & 2.

No interest in this channel, but will be happy to check things for you in the Houston area. Smiley Happy

@bill4002 wrote:

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

SD counterparts are also visible (new), 635 & 636,

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

Hey, TG, any new Sports channels I've missed to HIDE? Smiley Very Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.