For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
AustinTX#1's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 10:50 PM

Longhorn Network - Just say 'No'

I greatly appreciate the value provided by AT&T in bundling tv/wireless/internet services.  Similarly, the bundling of channels allows customers to access a variety of programming at substantial savings.

However, occasionally, programming comes along that is so expensive and directed at such a narrow, niche market that it deserves to be left off of the programming options or ordered solely as an 'a la carte' option.  If the reports about the price tag  to cable providers  to offer the 'longhorn network' (by ESPN) are accurate, the only way it could be added to current bundled programming packages is at substantial cost to MANY people who have no interest in the programming. 

Please AT&T, keep prices low, by either not offering or charging ONLY those who desire this programming option.

Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

A lot of knee-flex reactions to the Longhorn Network.  The Longhorns play nearly every division I school in the state in a lot of sports- would be nice to see my SHSU Bearkats this weekend in baseball.  Might be nice to see your (insert name of team) in (insert name of sport).  With ESPN production it would look a lot better than the  other regional sports channels, you know- the one that hardly shows any local schools?!?!  Most people in TX did not go to UT but they sure could benefit from the teams UT plays.  Schools like Lamar, Sam Houston, UTSA,UTA, SFA, Baylot, TX Tech, TCU, UH, TSUSM, UTEP, PVAMU, not to mention other schools from outside TX.  Or you can watch your BYU channel...it sure has a lot for TX folk to enjoy...

Guru

• 

650 Messages

13 years ago

What's odd is that ESPN must not be pushing this too much since their great idea first came to them. So far, the only national provider who's picked it up has been Verizon, and if they were having so many problems with the big cable MSOs and D* folks over carriage, then why wouldn't they do some bargain-basement style deal with Uverse as well to almost "spite" the big guys? Even Grande Communications, the main cable provider for Austin/U-T, didn't have some sort of advantage when it came to negotiating -- they finally made it available right before the Sept. 3 Rice game!

If the ESPN bullying doesn't work with Time Warner, at least to carry it within their Texas footprints, and then the next MSO down the chain, Grande, then it almost looks like they're not really behind it completely.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I am switching to a internet and cable provider that offers the Longhorn Network.... Please provide this soon!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@mybuilder wrote:

I am switching to a internet and cable provider that offers the Longhorn Network.... Please provide this soon!

Who are you switching to?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

12 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

@mybuilder wrote:

Who are you switching to?

Mybuilder had started another thread, and had mentioned that TimeWarner had The Longhorn Network. I was not sure if he was switching from or switching to Time Warner.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

12 years ago

@dwinth wrote:
 Mybuilder had started another thread, and had mentioned that TimeWarner had The Longhorn Network. I was not sure if he was switching from or switching to Time Warner.

Funny, from what I can tell TW doesn't offer the channel either. It still seems to be Verizon FIOS and a handful of small cable operators in Texas (Grande Communicaitons being the biggest)

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

If he is switching to Time Warner, he is in for an unpleasant surprise since they do no carry the Longhorn Network.

Guru

• 

650 Messages

12 years ago

Wonder if he'll post on some TWC forum that a door to door salesperson or CSR lied to him about having Longhorn. Smiley Wink

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

12 years ago

@jbdet313 wrote:

Wonder if he'll post on some TWC forum that a door to door salesperson or CSR lied to him about having Longhorn. Smiley Wink

...and blame AT&T for it.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Does AT&T plan on adding this or do we miss up to 3 games this season ? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.