AustinTX#1's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 10:50 PM

Longhorn Network - Just say 'No'

I greatly appreciate the value provided by AT&T in bundling tv/wireless/internet services.  Similarly, the bundling of channels allows customers to access a variety of programming at substantial savings.

However, occasionally, programming comes along that is so expensive and directed at such a narrow, niche market that it deserves to be left off of the programming options or ordered solely as an 'a la carte' option.  If the reports about the price tag  to cable providers  to offer the 'longhorn network' (by ESPN) are accurate, the only way it could be added to current bundled programming packages is at substantial cost to MANY people who have no interest in the programming. 

Please AT&T, keep prices low, by either not offering or charging ONLY those who desire this programming option.

Thanks!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

Please make your channel request using the link below:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

Guru

• 

650 Messages

13 years ago

Went through 8 pages of this thread, and decided to just post this, whether it was posted before or not.

When Big Ten was trying to get Comcast to carry it before the first football season they were going to broadcast, BTN (Fox Sports) was trying to paint Comcast as the problem. But when Comcast told of how BTN wanted close to $1.00 per subscriber on their systems within the Big 10 conference area, yet only wanted $0.25 per subscriber elsewhere nationwide, public sentiment turned ugly. Yet Comcast was more than happy to agree to their demands, IF they could put it on the Sports Pack, which of course BTN would not agree to.

I'd imagine ESPN is demanding the same sort of deal. With ESPN's huge fees already, how can they not ask something like $0.10 or $0.15 and package it with their other "digital service" level channels like Classic, News, and U, to at least get it off the ground? They're not going to have tons of programming, just like how BTN was their first seasons, because of other contracts already in place. ESPN is getting too big for their britches.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

AGREE 100%

Scholar

• 

113 Messages

13 years ago

I'm watching College Gameday on ESPN and a bit earlier they mentioned an upcoming Texas football game that'll be on TLN and on the list of services carrying the channel was AT&T Uverse[take that for what you may]. 

Scholar

• 

282 Messages

13 years ago

@hwkn wrote:

I'm watching College Gameday on ESPN and a bit earlier they mentioned an upcoming Texas football game that'll be on TLN and on the list of services carrying the channel was AT&T Uverse[take that for what you may]. 

I THINK IT SAID SOMETHING MORE TO THE EFFECT OF, "IF YOU DONT WANT TO MISS OUT ON THE LONGHORN NETWORK" THEN CALL DISH DIRECT, ATT ETC.

OT: AND IF TEXAS IS THE LONGHORN NETWORK, THEN OU IS THE FCC! THAT WAS GOOD OLD COUNTRY BOY * WOOPIN RITE THERE.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

13 years ago

@hwkn wrote:

The game is KU vs UT.  The way UT played today I wouldn't put it past KU beating them.  Oklahoma made them look like a high school team today.

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

13 years ago

KU win?Smiley sofunny.gif

1 Attachment

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

13 years ago

@hpmsrm wrote:

KU win?Smiley sofunny.gif

Could be. Smiley Very Happy

1 Attachment

Guru

• 

785 Messages

13 years ago

enough with these all caps posts already

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

13 years ago

@siouxmoux wrote:
enough with these all caps posts already

Agreed, but he won't listen even though he's been talke to before about it.  I've learned to ignore it since it's so rude.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.