AustinTX#1's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 10:50 PM

Longhorn Network - Just say 'No'

I greatly appreciate the value provided by AT&T in bundling tv/wireless/internet services.  Similarly, the bundling of channels allows customers to access a variety of programming at substantial savings.

However, occasionally, programming comes along that is so expensive and directed at such a narrow, niche market that it deserves to be left off of the programming options or ordered solely as an 'a la carte' option.  If the reports about the price tag  to cable providers  to offer the 'longhorn network' (by ESPN) are accurate, the only way it could be added to current bundled programming packages is at substantial cost to MANY people who have no interest in the programming. 

Please AT&T, keep prices low, by either not offering or charging ONLY those who desire this programming option.

Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Well very interesting ATT since smaller cable companies and Verizon Fios can do it. You are a large company and make plenty of money on high rates. JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

@toddharbour wrote:

Well very interesting ATT since smaller cable companies and Verizon Fios can do it. You are a large company and make plenty of money on high rates. JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

It's all about the Benjamin's.  ESPN is requesting higher per subscriber fees for Texas customers than those customers outside of the state.  Thus, the more customers that a TV provider has in Texas, the higher will be the cost to added the channel.  AT&T has significantly more Texas subscribers than Verizon FIOS or those smaller cable companies who have added the channel.  It will cost providers like AT&T U-verse and Time Warner Cable quite a bit more to add the channel  because of their high number of Texas subscribers.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Why on earth would I want Uverse to charge me money for a crap network I don't want.  I already pay for enough other channels I don't watch.  The LHN is DOA in the current form--nobody wants it except a select group and the network is at risk of many legal hurdles if UT abandons the Big 12.  If AT&T must carry, make it a pay channel like HBO, but better yet, JUST SAY NO!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I agree, the big ten network, wgn and numerous cub stations. Give me the Longhorn network. I will surely leave once an alternative offers the network in my area. I wish Verizon came to my part of Dallas., When I called in one rep read a memo saying that verizon had an exclusive, about an hour later Grande was on. I also said I would cancel when an alternative was available and the lady said I can get you to disconnect now.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

13 years ago

This may have been discussed already, but what legal ramifications exist if the Big 12 blows up with Texas and others leaving that conference? Are there legal ramifications with ESPN if this happens? Will the Longhorn Network continue or will that be the end of it?

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

13 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

This may have been discussed already, but what legal ramifications exist if the Big 12 blows up with Texas and others leaving that conference? Are there legal ramifications with ESPN if this happens? Will the Longhorn Network continue or will that be the end of it?

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

I don't believe there are any legal ramifications.  The only thing the LHN is preventing, is UT going to the PAC-12.  THey will not allow UT to keep their network if they join.  The Pac-12 has their own national network and 2 regional networks that will start airing next year.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

13 years ago

Let's just hope U-verse carries the upcoming Sooner Network! Now that's a football program to get excited about! Smiley Very Happy

Guru

• 

785 Messages

13 years ago

As Abraham J. Simpson would agree with me, There are way too Channels devote to College Sports These days. For the less then 10 people who really want to watch this network 24/7 and all those another Upcoming College Sports Networks, they should all launch as Broadband Channel so everyone wants it, can get access to it.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

13 years ago

@Woodlands wrote:

Let's just hope U-verse carries the upcoming Sooner Network! Now that's a football program to get excited about! Smiley Very Happy

If OU goes to the Pac-12 that will never happen.  As much as I would love to have an all  OU network, the Pac-12 is starting a national and two regional networks of their own and will not let any of their schools have their own network.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I want the Longhorn Network. 10's of 1,000's of Texas Fans want The Longhorn Network.

If AT&T would sign on for this channel they would reap major benefits. How many people would change from Time Warner or Direct TV? 1,000's. And you want to argue..40 cents? Charge me $4.00 a so you can make 10X my .40 every month.

How many new Time Warner, Direct TV or Dish customers would it take to make this profitable?

Please get real. The first carrier  in my area that  has the LHN is getting my Business.

AT&T is headquartered in the state of Texas. They should have been the first to sign on.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.