AustinTX#1's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 10:50 PM

Longhorn Network - Just say 'No'

I greatly appreciate the value provided by AT&T in bundling tv/wireless/internet services.  Similarly, the bundling of channels allows customers to access a variety of programming at substantial savings.

However, occasionally, programming comes along that is so expensive and directed at such a narrow, niche market that it deserves to be left off of the programming options or ordered solely as an 'a la carte' option.  If the reports about the price tag  to cable providers  to offer the 'longhorn network' (by ESPN) are accurate, the only way it could be added to current bundled programming packages is at substantial cost to MANY people who have no interest in the programming. 

Please AT&T, keep prices low, by either not offering or charging ONLY those who desire this programming option.

Thanks!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

@Dread Pirate Roberts wrote:

You know I feel the same way about the soccer channels, all of them but we have them for the poeple who want them. If you don't want to watch, block the channel! Quit acting like 5yo kids.

DPR

LOL.  I think we all know the real reason for the complaints and threats to leave U-verse if the Longhorn Channel is added.  It is rather amusing.

Scholar

• 

254 Messages

13 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

@Dread Pirate Roberts wrote:

You know I feel the same way about the soccer channels, all of them but we have them for the poeple who want them. If you don't want to watch, block the channel! Quit acting like 5yo kids.

DPR

LOL.  I think we all know the real reason for the complaints and threats to leave U-verse if the Longhorn Channel is added.  It is rather amusing.

TG,

I don't think I've read a more ridiculous thread!! LOL The crossed arms-bottom lip stuck out- type comments are so reminiscent of my children when they were younger!!! Smiley Very Happy

DPR

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

As I have said many times, sports fans and rivals can be very passionate and will do and say things that do not seem logical.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

13 years ago

As a passionate St. Louis Cardinal fan, I am very disgusted that ATT U-Verse is carrying WGN which telecasts many Chicago Cubs games. I should not have to pay one cent for a channel that telecasts a team I am very much against.

In addition, ESPN, the Saturday Fox Game of the Week, and the MLB Network have telecast Cub games on occasion. Again, I do not want to pay even one cent for channels that carry this disgusting baseball team.

Unless ATT U-Verse drops WGN, ESPN and ESPN 2, my local Fox station, and the MLB Network, I may need to change providers.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

Smiley Very Happy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

I see your Texas Rangers logo. Suppose ATT notified you of its intent to broadcast the NYY YES network and charge you extra each month for it. I use the Yankees as an example because I don't know who the Rangers most hated rival actually is.

The problem is not the network itself. I doubt I'll ever watch it. Sounds pretty lame from what I'v heard.  It's the principle of being forced to support this endeavor financially. If it comes to that, there are other options to U-verse and I will explore them. Not one dime of mine will go to support ut.  If that's childish, so be it.  

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

@DallaSooner wrote:

I see your Texas Rangers logo. Suppose ATT notified you of its intent to broadcast the NYY YES network and charge you extra each month for it. I use the Yankees as an example because I don't know who the Rangers most hated rival actually is.

Well, that actually happens now.  I receive YES as part of my HD Premium Package.  Thus, the cost of this network is included in my monthly fees.  I have no problem with it.   I do hate the Yankees, and I would only watch a Yankees game hoping that they lose.

There are lots of channels included in my subscription that I don't want, don't watch and don't like.  Yet the cost for the channels is included in my monthly fees.  Thus, I help to support those channels.  So what, that is how it works with a paid TV service.  You pay for a package of channels.  You don't get to pick and chose what channels you want to include in your package.  My remote is in great working order, and I know how to not tune to those channels that I do not wish to view.

Childish?  Well, I won't comment on that.  I will let others reading your comments come to their own conclusion.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I too will drop AT&T Uverse and all of the other AT&T services including my DSL and cell phone service if the Longhorn Network is added to my Uverse package. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

When will we get the Longhorn Network?  Please do not make me change cable providers in order to follow my Longhorns!  You have a state full of Longhorn Fans. What are you thinking? Hurry up and get on-board!

Michelle {Personal content removed for your safety}

Midland, TX

UT Alumnus

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

Sorry I didn't see existing forum either.  I do not spend much time living on the internet learning forum etiquette.  I have better things to do.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.