For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
AustinTX#1's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 10:50 PM

Longhorn Network - Just say 'No'

I greatly appreciate the value provided by AT&T in bundling tv/wireless/internet services.  Similarly, the bundling of channels allows customers to access a variety of programming at substantial savings.

However, occasionally, programming comes along that is so expensive and directed at such a narrow, niche market that it deserves to be left off of the programming options or ordered solely as an 'a la carte' option.  If the reports about the price tag  to cable providers  to offer the 'longhorn network' (by ESPN) are accurate, the only way it could be added to current bundled programming packages is at substantial cost to MANY people who have no interest in the programming. 

Please AT&T, keep prices low, by either not offering or charging ONLY those who desire this programming option.

Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

As a longtime Uverse subcricber, if this channel is pikced up and added to my U400 package at an additional fee, I will be finding a carrier who does not force a network I don't want down my throat.  I have no problem if you have to pay an extra fee to get it, similar to the RedZone Channel.

I hope the potential loss of this customer weighs heavily in your minds as you debate on whether to add the Longhorn network and how to package it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Count me in as one that would change services if the longhorn network were included in a base package.  People should not have to direclty support a school's television network if they don't want to. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

Just wanted to let Att know, if you make the Longhorn Network a channel in part of your basic packages that will increase my monthly uverse fees, my 200 a month uverse, 250 a month Att cell phone will be leaving.

I and many others will not be subsidizing the university of Texas athletic programs.

Thank you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

The Longhorn should not be acquired because it only has two football games.  It would be expensive for subscribers and not worth the cost.  I suggest that it only appear as a premium if it must appear at all so they subscribers can have a choice to not pick up the channel.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I want to echo the sentiments expressed in this thread, if AT&T were to pick up The Longhorn Network as a required Chanel, I would switch any and all services I have with the company to a competitor.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I will find another provider if AT&T forces the LHN on me.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

13 years ago

To all of you who plan to leave U-Verse if it picks up the Longhorn Network, what would you do if or when your new provider picks up the Longhorn Network? Will you leave that provider, and move to the next one which may also pick up the Longhorn Network?

What if other universities like the idea of the Longhorn Network, and create their own networks? You may end up with no provider that will satisfy you.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

I guess there is always the option of using rabbit ears.  🙂

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

The NFL network is 7 years old and is still not on major providers for this very reason.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

No offense, but the idea that lhn on uverse is an inevitability smacks of an arrogance that is vaguely familiar.  A single University is by definition a niche market.  Let the niche market support the channel. 

I don't begrudge texasguy or anyone else their ability to watch it, but it is unbelievablily condescending that you feel like everyone else ought to support your habit!  I don't want to watch it AND I don't want to support it.  You mention a couple of other channels that you (allegedly) don't watch, but the situations are not equal.  You make the argument that .40 cents a month is not that much.  That's cool, then you pay it.

The NFL network is a valid parallel.  And there are many more people interested in the NFL than ANY single University's athletics program.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.