For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
AustinTX#1's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 10:50 PM

Longhorn Network - Just say 'No'

I greatly appreciate the value provided by AT&T in bundling tv/wireless/internet services.  Similarly, the bundling of channels allows customers to access a variety of programming at substantial savings.

However, occasionally, programming comes along that is so expensive and directed at such a narrow, niche market that it deserves to be left off of the programming options or ordered solely as an 'a la carte' option.  If the reports about the price tag  to cable providers  to offer the 'longhorn network' (by ESPN) are accurate, the only way it could be added to current bundled programming packages is at substantial cost to MANY people who have no interest in the programming. 

Please AT&T, keep prices low, by either not offering or charging ONLY those who desire this programming option.

Thanks!

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Yeah, but ESPN is out of control...I'm glad I don't NEED sports. Smiley Wink

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

13 years ago

If U-Verse got rid of the channels I don't want, they would be down to about 5 channels.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

@spd2demun wrote:

Yeah, but ESPN is out of control...I'm glad I don't NEED sports. Smiley Wink

LOL.  You have no idea the joy that you are missing.  😉

Don't you want to be able to make emotional posts on the forum about sports channels if not added or sports channels if added will make you change to another provider?

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Nope.  I'll sit in the stands and watch others do it!  shocked.gif

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

Smiley Very Happy

Guru

• 

785 Messages

13 years ago

Too Bad there are now six cable providers in Texas that yes to Longhorn Network

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

13 years ago

I guess when all major college teams start getting their own networks in the next 2/3 years we'll be on here posting say no to ?? U network.  The Pac-12 already has a network planned as well as USC, UCLA and one other school.   I for one welcome each and every new channel regardless whether I watch it or not. 

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

As long as I'm not forced to pay for a channel, bring 'em on!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

LOL.  If it is included in your base package, you will pay along with all the other unwanted channels in your base package.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

You know what I meant! Smiley Very Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.