AustinTX#1's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 10:50 PM

Longhorn Network - Just say 'No'

I greatly appreciate the value provided by AT&T in bundling tv/wireless/internet services.  Similarly, the bundling of channels allows customers to access a variety of programming at substantial savings.

However, occasionally, programming comes along that is so expensive and directed at such a narrow, niche market that it deserves to be left off of the programming options or ordered solely as an 'a la carte' option.  If the reports about the price tag  to cable providers  to offer the 'longhorn network' (by ESPN) are accurate, the only way it could be added to current bundled programming packages is at substantial cost to MANY people who have no interest in the programming. 

Please AT&T, keep prices low, by either not offering or charging ONLY those who desire this programming option.

Thanks!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

@spd2demun wrote:

I would guess these same posts are on other providers' forums? Smiley Surprised

Guess mission has been accomplished...

Yeah.  When you read that Facebook page, you will see some of the strategies suggested.  Some have even stated that if their TV provider picks up the network, they will cancel their service.  I wonder what they will do when all providers are carrying the channel.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Hulu?  You Tube?  Netflix?  Redbox?  Sports bar?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

LOL.  As I said, sports fans tend to be very emotional and do not always say or do things that seem rational.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Another reason I don't partake. Smiley Very Happy

Looks like they're gone, and we're talking to ourselves.  Solved!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

Smiley Very Happy

Professor

• 

2K Messages

13 years ago

My guess? They'll eventually HAVE to offer it in Texas, especially in the Longhorn area, in order to remain competitive. I imagine this channel as a type of RSN...ok, not really, but kind of.

If it would be possible to offer it in u-200 in the area defined in the announcement, and Sports Pack or u-300 elsewhere, that's what I would ask them to do.

In order to be carried in as many houses as possible, I'd bet they do NOT go ala carte. And what if your favorite team is playing UT and Longhorn Network has exclusive rights??

Guru

• 

785 Messages

13 years ago

Everyone should Just say No to Longhorn Network and The Dallas Cowboys!

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

13 years ago

@siouxmoux wrote:

Everyone should Just say No to Longhorn Network and The Dallas Cowboys!

I'll give you half a kudo and half a zerbert. NO to the big horned cows from down south, YES to the COWBOYS.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

13 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

From the article found in the link below:

Industry sources say that ESPN, which is selling the channel to cable operators, wants 40 cents per subscriber per month for placement on expanded basic cable tiers in Texas and various markets in three adjoining states: Louisiana, New Mexico and Oklahoma.

At 40 cents, Longhorn Network instantly would become one of the 30 or 40 highest priced cable channels. But the price is relatively low compared with regional sports networks, which frequently command more than $2. A similar channel, Big Ten Network, charged in-market distributors 70 cents for the right to carry its channel when it launched four years ago.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2011/06/27/Media/Longhorn-Network.aspx

Like anyone in those 3 states would want to watch that ugly colored uniform team from south of Dallas.  Louisiana (LSU), New Mexico (Lobos), Oklahoma (Sooners and Cowboys and Golden Hurricane). Shoot, 1/2 of Texas wouldn't want to watch it because of the other teams in the state, (TAMU, TTU, TCU, SMU, Baylor, Houston, Rice, UNT.)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Don't add it to the U200 package as you will lose me. Make it an add-on, if anyone really wants this crap station.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.