mpiekutowski's profile

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

Wednesday, April 9th, 2014 4:43 PM

Live TV on WIndows 7 PC (trouble getting connected to access all channels)

I have a Windows 7 PC with a direct wire connect to the gateway. When I go to watch Live TV, it will only connect (so that I can access all the channels) about 50% of the time. I can click on the 'Not Connected' button over and over without connecting. I've tried rebooting but that doesn't help. I come back later or on another day and it connects no problem (nothing has changed on the PC). Anyone have any ideas of any settings on the PC or gateway I can check?

Scholar

• 

129 Messages

10 years ago

OK, have you *ever* been able to access ALL of the channels -- that being the "anywhere" ones and the ones that are ONLY available in-home?  And out of these, which are the ones that won't load?

Does the connection just all of a sudden time-out while you're watching and then never come back or is it from stopping a browser session and opening a new one only?

This problem still sounds to me like it's somehow browser/machine linked.  I don't see how the RG is somehow screwing itself up just with this, when you've never mentioned about having other browsing problems, with any other sites.  If you're not having issues with Java or Flash (the two primary suspects to me) on other streaming sites, then there's *something* on the machine that's causing some conflict with the LiveTV plugin.  Can you, for example, log into WatchESPN, HBO GO, or any of the other premium-online supplements with your Uverse ID and stream without interruptions?  If those would lose the connection or wouldn't reconnect, then I'd point fingers at the RG *possibly*.

I'd try the WatchESPN site and see if you can connect, stream, then close the browser and see if you lose the connection upon starting a new session.  Try HBO, Showtime or Starz/Encore, dependent upon your package level as well.

Totally baffled on this.

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

Yes - I can sporadically access ALL of the channels (about 50% of the time at best). It is the In Home stations that are not available 50% of the time.

No - the connection does not time out while I am watching. When I have access to the In Home channels, they work great.

The issue is that in the Live TV section, it says that:

• I am Signed In
  • Plug-in is Installed
  • Not connect (connect to U-verse Home Network to watch up to 115 LIVE channels)

When I press Not Connected, the graphic swirls for a few seconds and comes back to Not Connected. My PC is directly connected to the RG with a network cable.

Yes - I can watch other streaming video (WatchESPN) with no problem.

I am baffled too.

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

April 15 - Connected and all 100+ Live TV channels available

April 16 - Will not connect and only 56 Live TV channels available

No change to PC other than it slept last night

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

April 17 - After computer sleep, PC connected and all 114 channels available. No other changes to PC.

Logging this to see if anyone can spot any patterns that I'm missing.

Scholar

• 

129 Messages

10 years ago

Been following, haven't really given up on this.

Just thought of something so minor that *could* somehow cause a problem:

Do you actually log OUT of LiveTV before closing your browser session?  It could be that if you keep a persistent log-in, some cookie or other either gets deleted (based on your browser privacy settings) and then expires and gets reloaded (if you will) after 24-36 hours.

Being that I *only* use IE in extreme situations (if a website just refuses to work with Firefox and the add-ons), and not being familiar with all of their different privacy settings, something like this could be happening.  Personally, I have Firefox remember basically *nothing* from my sessions, including during browsing, and run CCleaner to broom everything after each session, so I never do persistent logins.

You may need to try to get a "successful" session of LiveTV, enjoy it until you decide you want to do something else, log OUT, then close your browser session.  At that point, clear your history, temp internet files (which there's a LOT of in IE, even after only 1 or 2 websites) and cookies through Internet Options and then start a new browser session, go to the LiveTV page, log IN, and see what happens.  You can download, install and use CCleaner to simplify the cleaning process, but do the above suggestions FIRST before installing CCleaner -- because CC does have a "smart cookie" setting which retains certain ones which I believe are tied to persistent logins.  All of my cookies are blocked/cleaned before CCleaner gets them, so I don't know what actually gets saved.

Hoping, once again, this simple solution could end this situation for you.

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks - I will try the log out next time.

April 18 - Able to connect and view all 113 channels

April 21 - Able to connect and view all 113 channels

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

April 22 - Cannot connect. Only 52 channels available. Tried with Internet Explorer 11 and Chrome 34. No changes to PC. Logged out and deleted all browsing history, cookies, form data, passwords, etc.

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

April 23 - Cannot connect. Only 52 channels available. Tried with Internet Explorer 11 and Chrome 34. No changes to PC. Logged out and deleted all browsing history, cookies, form data, passwords, etc.

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

April 23 - Cannot connect. Only 51 channels available. Tried with Internet Explorer 11 and Chrome 34. No changes to PC. Logged out and deleted all browsing history, cookies, form data, passwords, etc. Logged back in and cannot conect. Confirmed that I am signed in and plug-in is installed.

Maybe I will try rebooting the RG.

Scholar

• 

129 Messages

10 years ago

You've got something that's going onwith your machine, rather than your connection.

I will PM you with details rather than keeping this thread tied-up.  24hr or so.

STILL think it's a machine-based problem than anything that AT&T is involved in.

Want you to get connected properly.  Not for AT&T, but for you being satisfied.

Will be in touch.

SORRY, get someone else to aid you.  Not going to assist anymore because of outside actions.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.