Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 6, 2008
5:15:04 PM
View profile
LOT8's...

Wonder whatever happened with that anyways..  Used to be a popular topic around here, and now I never see so much as a whisper about it.  Pretty sure that there are still people who want it though, right?

Wonder whatever happened with that anyways..  Used to be a popular topic around here, and now I never see so much as a whisper about it.  Pretty sure that there are still people who want it though, right?

LOT8's...

134 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(134)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2008 3:22:44 PM
(0)
Professor

sean3300 wrote:

This is a question about speed actually.......what speeds are people receiving from your gateway?

upload: 2048

download: 29216

Now, what is everyone else getting at this time?

Sean

Sean, that is your RG sync rate to your vho...  That doesn't necessarily translate at all into what you're using for regular hsia access..

Whats all this hubbub about LOT8's anyways?  /looks innocent

Message Edited by goot6936 on 08-13-2008 03:23 PM

sean3300 wrote:

This is a question about speed actually.......what speeds are people receiving from your gateway?

Sean

Sean, that is your RG sync rate to your vho...  That doesn't necessarily translate at all into what you're using for regular hsia access..

Re: LOT8's...

91 of 135 (482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2008 3:46:08 PM
(0)
Expert

Troublemaker, bean-spiller, tease!  /chuckles silently from corner...

You started this, wanna tell us what's up? 

goot6936 wrote:

Troublemaker, bean-spiller, tease!  /chuckles silently from corner...

You started this, wanna tell us what's up? 

goot6936 wrote:

92 of 135 (482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2008 3:48:46 PM
(0)
Professor

Yeah I started it a long time ago with this simple post:

"Wonder whatever happened with that anyways..  Used to be a popular topic around here, and now I never see so much as a whisper about it.  Pretty sure that there are still people who want it though, right?"

That didn't garner near the response that a little whisper did.  Imagine that..  And don't call me a bean-spiller.  I don't make messes I clean them up!  =)~

Yeah I started it a long time ago with this simple post:

"Wonder whatever happened with that anyways..  Used to be a popular topic around here, and now I never see so much as a whisper about it.  Pretty sure that there are still people who want it though, right?"

That didn't garner near the response that a little whisper did.  Imagine that..  And don't call me a bean-spiller.  I don't make messes I clean them up!  =)~

93 of 135 (482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2008 3:52:12 PM
(0)
Expert

Our heads get chewed off if we bring the subject up; they've said that they aren't giving it to us...but now a user in Houston is seeing it.  Interesting is all...

and I was j/k with you, you know that... 

Our heads get chewed off if we bring the subject up; they've said that they aren't giving it to us...but now a user in Houston is seeing it.  Interesting is all...

94 of 135 (482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2008 4:41:28 PM
(0)
Professor

spd2demun wrote:

What are you talking about?  I mean negative response from other forum members is to be expected sometimes; there are always going to be differing views.  But that should be the extent of it unless you're saying that something else has happened around here....?

spd2demun wrote:

What are you talking about?  I mean negative response from other forum members is to be expected sometimes; there are always going to be differing views.  But that should be the extent of it unless you're saying that something else has happened around here....?

95 of 135 (482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2008 11:28:48 PM
(0)
Expert

I'm taking the 5th (not A 5th, LOL!).  

Guess you weren't able to get us a screenshot, sean? 

I'm taking the 5th (not A 5th, LOL!).  

Guess you weren't able to get us a screenshot, sean? 

96 of 135 (482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2008 11:33:47 PM
(0)
Master

goot6936 wrote:

sean3300 wrote:

Sean

i think most are only 25216...

Dennis

goot6936 wrote:

sean3300 wrote:

Sean

i think most are only 25216...

Dennis

97 of 135 (482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2008 9:38:53 AM
(0)
Master
i'm disappointed and should have knew better. dummy dummy dennis...
Dennis
i'm disappointed and should have knew better. dummy dummy dennis...
Dennis

98 of 135 (482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2008 1:33:40 AM
(0)
Expert

We're not in Kansas anymore? :smileysad:

Guess this was an experiment to see if anyone was still interested...thanks, goot...

Message Edited by spd2demun on 08-15-2008 03:36 AM

We're not in Kansas anymore? :smileysad:

Guess this was an experiment to see if anyone was still interested...thanks, goot...

Message Edited by spd2demun on 08-15-2008 03:36 AM

99 of 135 (482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2008 5:42:52 AM
(0)
Master

some thoughts on Sean :

welp he was talking about  his internet speed as he was un-capped as stated in a diff thread...

most likely fttp since he is in Magnolia so i dont think he was posting his sync rates on fiber :smileyhappy:

for as the weather guess we will have to wait for his return or was asked to not post about it yet :smileyhappy:

my take

randy

some thoughts on Sean :

welp he was talking about  his internet speed as he was un-capped as stated in a diff thread...

most likely fttp since he is in Magnolia so i dont think he was posting his sync rates on fiber :smileyhappy:

for as the weather guess we will have to wait for his return or was asked to not post about it yet :smileyhappy:

my take

randy

100 of 135 (482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2008 7:52:09 AM
(0)
Scholar

Good Morning Guys,

I have been super busy with several things happening with work, so please take my appologizes about my tardiness then.

The internet rates I sent the other day were my actually rates i was getting when using speedtest.net

I do have FTTP here also, only a few people out here do have this set-up as it is in testing stage here they have told me also.

Got a neighbor next door that has got U-Verse and it is coming in on Copper at this time still.

LOT8's are gone again, guess they are testing to see how the units work and then probably try and release them to their new homes soon enough then.

Sean

Good Morning Guys,

I have been super busy with several things happening with work, so please take my appologizes about my tardiness then.

The internet rates I sent the other day were my actually rates i was getting when using speedtest.net

I do have FTTP here also, only a few people out here do have this set-up as it is in testing stage here they have told me also.

Got a neighbor next door that has got U-Verse and it is coming in on Copper at this time still.

LOT8's are gone again, guess they are testing to see how the units work and then probably try and release them to their new homes soon enough then.

Sean

101 of 135 (481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2008 2:29:14 PM
(0)
Professor
Pics of your speedtest.net results would be interesting to have sean...
Pics of your speedtest.net results would be interesting to have sean...

102 of 135 (481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2008 4:27:05 PM
(0)
Expert
I don't think we are going to see them Goot.:smileyindifferent:

103 of 135 (481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2008 4:28:59 PM
(0)
Professor

RCSMG wrote:

Yeah well he doesn't need a camera for pics of the speedtest...... 

RCSMG wrote:

Yeah well he doesn't need a camera for pics of the speedtest...... 

104 of 135 (481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2008 4:34:08 PM
(0)
Expert
I know.
I know.

105 of 135 (481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2008 3:45:52 PM
(0)
Professor

Some say this thread has a limited lifespan due to the WOD announcement...

I say it'll never die!  =)

Some say this thread has a limited lifespan due to the WOD announcement...

I say it'll never die!  =)

106 of 135 (481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2008 3:49:35 PM
(0)
Expert
:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:
:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

107 of 135 (481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2008 12:44:47 PM
(0)
Tutor

Is it normal for the The Weather Channel to go to green colored snow for a few seconds before the Local on the 8's?  Anybody else seeing this?

What do you think, it is a sign of things to come?

Is it normal for the The Weather Channel to go to green colored snow for a few seconds before the Local on the 8's?  Anybody else seeing this?

108 of 135 (481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2008 12:55:01 PM
(0)
Master

arlobanks wrote:

i'll check, where are you located?...
Dennis

arlobanks wrote:

i'll check, where are you located?...
Dennis

109 of 135 (481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2008 12:59:56 PM
(0)
Master
wow that's exactlly what happened at 12:58. don't know what it means. i'll watch 1 more time at 1:08...
Dennis
wow that's exactlly what happened at 12:58. don't know what it means. i'll watch 1 more time at 1:08...
Dennis

110 of 135 (481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2008 1:01:16 PM
(0)
Tutor

Here is a video for everybody else:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9dtJ8QRerY

I am located in Alpharetta, GA, located right outside Atlanta.  We were one of the first areas to get U-verse over here in the former BellSouth territory.

Message Edited by arlobanks on 08-27-2008 04:02 PM

Here is a video for everybody else:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9dtJ8QRerY

I am located in Alpharetta, GA, located right outside Atlanta.  We were one of the first areas to get U-verse over here in the former BellSouth territory.

Message Edited by arlobanks on 08-27-2008 04:02 PM

111 of 135 (483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2008 1:10:02 PM
(0)
Master

happened again, i think it's just focusing on all the green on the national map, hope i'm wrong...

didn't happen at 1:18...

Message Edited by showtime48 on 08-27-2008 01:19 PM
Dennis

happened again, i think it's just focusing on all the green on the national map, hope i'm wrong...

didn't happen at 1:18...

Message Edited by showtime48 on 08-27-2008 01:19 PM
Dennis

112 of 135 (483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2008 1:35:20 PM
(0)
Scholar

The snow was exactly what mine was doing about a week or so ago when i was getting the LOT8's here in Magnolia, it would show snow first, then the actual local on the 8's would come on the screen.

Sean

The snow was exactly what mine was doing about a week or so ago when i was getting the LOT8's here in Magnolia, it would show snow first, then the actual local on the 8's would come on the screen.

Sean

113 of 135 (483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2008 2:39:40 PM
(0)
Professor

I wonder if maybe the snow could be a sign of LOT8s to come. It could be AT&T interupting the i-star feed (assuming one is in place) and then switching to the headend. They might want to try a simultaneous rollout.

But this is all speculation of course.

I wonder if maybe the snow could be a sign of LOT8s to come. It could be AT&T interupting the i-star feed (assuming one is in place) and then switching to the headend. They might want to try a simultaneous rollout.

114 of 135 (483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2008 2:42:36 PM
(0)
Master

Uturnaroun wrote:

with the WOD trials going on in TX i don't think that's it, could be wrong...
Dennis

Uturnaroun wrote:

with the WOD trials going on in TX i don't think that's it, could be wrong...
Dennis

115 of 135 (483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2008 6:12:37 PM
(0)
Scholar

I have had LOT8 here in Magnolia, in matter of fact i will get the local id for you as well too....

I think they plan on doing this on top of the Weather On Demand as well too.

Some people just prefer to watch the weather channel, especially the older crowd as well.

My Take,

Sean

I have had LOT8 here in Magnolia, in matter of fact i will get the local id for you as well too....

Some people just prefer to watch the weather channel, especially the older crowd as well.

My Take,

Sean

116 of 135 (483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2008 6:17:08 PM
(0)
Master

sean3300 wrote:

My Take,

Sean

be sure and put batteries on your shopping list for the camera :smileyhappy:

sean3300 wrote:

My Take,

Sean

be sure and put batteries on your shopping list for the camera :smileyhappy:

117 of 135 (483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2008 6:30:04 PM
(0)
Scholar

There is alot of things I need to do, but time plays a big factor into these things as well. I work for a large airline company as an IT Engineer, so not got the time like some other people do.

I will get around to taking pics of it really soon though, promise everyone that also.

Sean

There is alot of things I need to do, but time plays a big factor into these things as well. I work for a large airline company as an IT Engineer, so not got the time like some other people do.

I will get around to taking pics of it really soon though, promise everyone that also.

Sean

118 of 135 (483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2008 3:12:04 PM
(0)
Professor
Ok, we'll be waiting. Just remember, it's better late than never. :smileywink:
Ok, we'll be waiting. Just remember, it's better late than never. :smileywink:

119 of 135 (483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2008 2:10:21 AM
(0)
Expert

The utube vid looks like what we all see now (hotel weather)? 

The utube vid looks like what we all see now (hotel weather)? 

120 of 135 (483 Views)