Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 6, 2008
5:15:04 PM
View profile
LOT8's...

Wonder whatever happened with that anyways..  Used to be a popular topic around here, and now I never see so much as a whisper about it.  Pretty sure that there are still people who want it though, right?

Wonder whatever happened with that anyways..  Used to be a popular topic around here, and now I never see so much as a whisper about it.  Pretty sure that there are still people who want it though, right?

LOT8's...

134 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(134)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2008 5:16:36 PM
(0)
Master
poopie on you goot...:smileyhappy:
Dennis
poopie on you goot...:smileyhappy:
Dennis

Re: LOT8's...

2 of 135 (1,769 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2008 5:28:38 PM
(0)
Professor
lol play nice showtime or no gold sticker for you :smileywink:
lol play nice showtime or no gold sticker for you :smileywink:

3 of 135 (1,769 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2008 5:42:47 PM
(0)
Professor

I think spd is the reason why. Here is a play by play recap:

• People ponder why there is no LOT8.
  • Uturnaroun starts LOT8 petition.
  • LOT8 petition gets so long to the point that AT&T can no longer ignore it.
  • AT&T says there will be no LOT8. Instead they will launch a U-weather app 3rd quarter.
  • People still complain anyway about the lack of LOT8.
  • Spd gets pissed.
  • Spd tries to make everyone shut up.
  • Spd makes huge signature explaining that THERE IS NO LOT8.
  • People shut up
  • goot starts thread asking what happened to LOT8 discussions.
The End

I think spd is the reason why. Here is a play by play recap:

• People ponder why there is no LOT8.
  • Uturnaroun starts LOT8 petition.
  • LOT8 petition gets so long to the point that AT&T can no longer ignore it.
  • AT&T says there will be no LOT8. Instead they will launch a U-weather app 3rd quarter.
  • People still complain anyway about the lack of LOT8.
  • Spd gets pissed.
  • Spd tries to make everyone shut up.
  • Spd makes huge signature explaining that THERE IS NO LOT8.
  • People shut up
  • goot starts thread asking what happened to LOT8 discussions.
The End

4 of 135 (1,769 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2008 8:36:26 PM
(0)
Scholar
well the weather on u-bar is worthless.u-verse needs to come up with a new plan.it needs to add more info
well the weather on u-bar is worthless.u-verse needs to come up with a new plan.it needs to add more info

5 of 135 (1,769 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2008 8:55:00 PM
(0)
Professor
I'm happy to say that this is my first participation in a LOT8's thread.  The concept is intriguing to me.  Can anyone explain?
Message Edited by callmeox on 06-07-2008 12:07 AM
I'm happy to say that this is my first participation in a LOT8's thread.  The concept is intriguing to me.  Can anyone explain?
Message Edited by callmeox on 06-07-2008 12:07 AM

6 of 135 (1,769 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2008 8:58:04 PM
(0)
Master
allright goot ya did it, proud of yourself...:smileyvery-happy:
Dennis
allright goot ya did it, proud of yourself...:smileyvery-happy:
Dennis

7 of 135 (1,769 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2008 9:58:04 PM
(0)
Teacher

Personally, I hate the Weather Channel... reason is whenever my mother watches even the slightest bit (from 4 states away), I end up getting alot of phone calls and messages asking if we are okay.  It will normally be perfectly sunny.  Thanks Weather Channel for being the amp to my mother's paranoia.

I'd be fine with the "weather app" so long as it had local radar... kinda like LOT8s.... hahaha hehehehe

let the posts re-begin

Personally, I hate the Weather Channel... reason is whenever my mother watches even the slightest bit (from 4 states away), I end up getting alot of phone calls and messages asking if we are okay.  It will normally be perfectly sunny.  Thanks Weather Channel for being the amp to my mother's paranoia.

I'd be fine with the "weather app" so long as it had local radar... kinda like LOT8s.... hahaha hehehehe

let the posts re-begin

8 of 135 (1,769 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2008 10:28:20 PM
(0)
Guru
Why should the Number #8 get all of the glory. How about Top National News Headlines on 0's, Local News on the 2's Traffic on the 4's Sports on the 6's !!!
Why should the Number #8 get all of the glory. How about Top National News Headlines on 0's, Local News on the 2's Traffic on the 4's Sports on the 6's !!!
Frankie Say... You Can find me North http://7vmy.sl.pt South http://7vn0.sl.pt East http://7vn2.sl.pt and West http://7vn3.sl.pt Soulseek ID 80newwave

9 of 135 (1,769 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2008 10:32:40 PM
(0)
Master

siouxmoux wrote:

you would go thru a lot of remotes...
Dennis

siouxmoux wrote:

you would go thru a lot of remotes...
Dennis

10 of 135 (1,769 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2008 1:08:40 AM
(0)
Expert

Well, I changed my siggy a few days ago...you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. :smileysad:

I still miss LOT8s and would like to see it, just not anything I can do to make that happen.

Supposedly they are going to do something more local and better; we'll have to see...but I just hit my 1-yr. anniversary, and am still waiting.:smileyvery-happy:

Well, I changed my siggy a few days ago...you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. :smileysad:

I still miss LOT8s and would like to see it, just not anything I can do to make that happen.

Supposedly they are going to do something more local and better; we'll have to see...but I just hit my 1-yr. anniversary, and am still waiting.:smileyvery-happy:

11 of 135 (1,730 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2008 5:23:25 AM
(0)
Master

spd2demun wrote:

$15.00  increase :smileyhappy:

less trips to starbucks now :smileysad:

spd2demun wrote:

$15.00  increase :smileyhappy:

less trips to starbucks now :smileysad:

12 of 135 (1,730 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2008 6:42:31 AM
(0)
Professor
Imaginge if AT&T did add LOT8 silently one day but no one ever bothered to check, so it we could have had it for years before someone finally discovers it.
Imaginge if AT&T did add LOT8 silently one day but no one ever bothered to check, so it we could have had it for years before someone finally discovers it.

13 of 135 (1,730 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2008 9:22:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Well I'm new here to the forum, but have had Uverse since March 19th 08 (switched from Dish after 2 years) and it seems to work pretty well for us.  No issues at all.  While looking thru these forums I came across this thread and so I decided to look at TWC to see what I got.  I'm located in San Antonio, TX and we seem to get some sort of LOT8's although it is not what I was used to seeing when I had Time Warner before Dish (3 or more years ago).  With Dish we didn't get any LOT8's.  Anyway, what I'm seeing on the 8's is basically a cut from the main programming and then it starts showing the radar for the eastern portion of the US, then kind of moves to the south east US, then central, south, west towards California, etc.  Then it shows forecasts for some major city's (but not SA).  What I used to see with TWC was real local radar along with the SA forecast.  So I guess it's not really LOT8's but USOT8's?  Is this what everyone else gets too?  I'm with everyone else I would like to see the forecast for my city especially if bad weather is moving in.  Right now I just use my computer and go to the Nation Weather Service site for Austin/San Antonio and can pull up the radar from there.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Well I'm new here to the forum, but have had Uverse since March 19th 08 (switched from Dish after 2 years) and it seems to work pretty well for us.  No issues at all.  While looking thru these forums I came across this thread and so I decided to look at TWC to see what I got.  I'm located in San Antonio, TX and we seem to get some sort of LOT8's although it is not what I was used to seeing when I had Time Warner before Dish (3 or more years ago).  With Dish we didn't get any LOT8's.  Anyway, what I'm seeing on the 8's is basically a cut from the main programming and then it starts showing the radar for the eastern portion of the US, then kind of moves to the south east US, then central, south, west towards California, etc.  Then it shows forecasts for some major city's (but not SA).  What I used to see with TWC was real local radar along with the SA forecast.  So I guess it's not really LOT8's but USOT8's?  Is this what everyone else gets too?  I'm with everyone else I would like to see the forecast for my city especially if bad weather is moving in.  Right now I just use my computer and go to the Nation Weather Service site for Austin/San Antonio and can pull up the radar from there.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

14 of 135 (1,730 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2008 9:35:04 AM
(0)
Guru
BeeBee, you are correct.  USOT8's is a good way to describe it.  Supposedly, ATT is working on some other application which will give us access to local weather info, but don't hold your breath.  Welcome to UVerse and the forum, btw.
BeeBee, you are correct.  USOT8's is a good way to describe it.  Supposedly, ATT is working on some other application which will give us access to local weather info, but don't hold your breath.  Welcome to UVerse and the forum, btw.

15 of 135 (1,730 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2008 9:51:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Thanks for the Welcome Ed!!  There sure seems to be allot of good info here.  It looks I'll spend the rest of my day going thru here checking out the posts. :smileysurprised:

Thanks for the Welcome Ed!!  There sure seems to be allot of good info here.  It looks I'll spend the rest of my day going thru here checking out the posts. :smileysurprised:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

16 of 135 (1,730 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2008 1:53:03 PM
(0)
Expert

BeeBee wrote:

Welcome BeeBee, you will see good and bad posts but keep in mind that if you have a problem there are plenty of people here who are ready willing and able to help you.

BeeBee wrote:

Welcome BeeBee, you will see good and bad posts but keep in mind that if you have a problem there are plenty of people here who are ready willing and able to help you.

17 of 135 (1,730 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2008 2:10:22 PM
(0)
Professor
...and the people with stars by their name are all on probation, so make sure you take what they say with a grain of salt.  :smileytongue:
...and the people with stars by their name are all on probation, so make sure you take what they say with a grain of salt.  :smileytongue:

18 of 135 (1,730 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2008 2:15:08 PM
(0)
Expert

callmeox wrote:

Is that the green face of envy I see there Ox?:smileywink:  Just picking.  When Ox gets his star lets see if that statement changes that he made in his post.  By the way, watch out for Ox he is one of the UFOF&G MODs (Ministers Of Defense).:smileyhappy:

callmeox wrote:

Is that the green face of envy I see there Ox?:smileywink:  Just picking.  When Ox gets his star lets see if that statement changes that he made in his post.  By the way, watch out for Ox he is one of the UFOF&G MODs (Ministers Of Defense).:smileyhappy:

19 of 135 (1,730 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2008 2:23:27 PM
(0)
Professor

RCSMG wrote:

By the way, watch out for Ox he is one of the UFOF&G MODs (Ministers Of Defense).:smileyhappy:

That's why I'll never get a star.  :smileywink:

RCSMG wrote:

By the way, watch out for Ox he is one of the UFOF&G MODs (Ministers Of Defense).:smileyhappy:

That's why I'll never get a star.  :smileywink:

20 of 135 (1,730 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2008 2:23:49 PM
(0)
Expert
Yeah right.
Yeah right.

21 of 135 (1,600 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2008 4:23:57 PM
(0)
Master

Ox is one of the good guys here BeeBee, (and anyone else reading this), but he does have a very sharp-edged sword and a really weird sense of humor too. Probably why I get along with him (and have the ocassional big disagreement), because it takes one to know one! :smileyvery-happy:

Welcome to Uverse BeeBee! :smileyhappy:

Ox is one of the good guys here BeeBee, (and anyone else reading this), but he does have a very sharp-edged sword and a really weird sense of humor too. Probably why I get along with him (and have the ocassional big disagreement), because it takes one to know one! :smileyvery-happy:

Welcome to Uverse BeeBee! :smileyhappy:

22 of 135 (1,600 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2008 2:26:08 PM
(0)
Professor

Ox actually has 4 stars...it's just that they're invisible :smileywink:  He's the general ya know :smileywink:

Anyways, I made this thread because I was asked about it the other day...to be honest I thought that the petition thread was still active, and I was surprised to find out that it had been locked....

IMHO, due to the visible interest in lot8's, it is just as important as 2hd/2sd and whdvr, etc..  Might take a long time to get a response, but I think that active interest in Uverse is better than just accepting things as they are...that is akin to accepting defeat!  There are people that read this stuff who work for ATT (like that hogrunr guy :smileyhappy: )

Ox actually has 4 stars...it's just that they're invisible :smileywink:  He's the general ya know :smileywink:

Anyways, I made this thread because I was asked about it the other day...to be honest I thought that the petition thread was still active, and I was surprised to find out that it had been locked....

IMHO, due to the visible interest in lot8's, it is just as important as 2hd/2sd and whdvr, etc..  Might take a long time to get a response, but I think that active interest in Uverse is better than just accepting things as they are...that is akin to accepting defeat!  There are people that read this stuff who work for ATT (like that hogrunr guy :smileyhappy: )

23 of 135 (1,600 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2008 10:22:42 PM
(0)
Expert

I would give you a star (not my call) for all your quality (not quantity) posts. :smileywink:

callmeox wrote:

I would give you a star (not my call) for all your quality (not quantity) posts. :smileywink:

callmeox wrote:

24 of 135 (1,600 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2008 10:27:26 PM
(0)
Expert

"We appreciate the input and apologize for any inconvenience. Please know that AT&T U-verse is working to deliver you a better weather viewing experience. We are in the process of turning up by market the U-bar functionality that brings you live weather that's customizable to the areas you want to see without interruption to your program viewing. 3Q08 we will be bringing you a customizable Weather on Demand application that will provide current forecasting and radar capabilities as well.

So please continue to provide us you input and know we are listening and working to bring you the best entertainment experience."

From Mod, gwendolyn, 12/7/2007.  From the old petition:

http://utalk.att.com/utalk/board/message?board.id=Uverse_TV_Programming&message.id=5232#M5232

"We appreciate the input and apologize for any inconvenience. Please know that AT&T U-verse is working to deliver you a better weather viewing experience. We are in the process of turning up by market the U-bar functionality that brings you live weather that's customizable to the areas you want to see without interruption to your program viewing. 3Q08 we will be bringing you a customizable Weather on Demand application that will provide current forecasting and radar capabilities as well.

So please continue to provide us you input and know we are listening and working to bring you the best entertainment experience."

http://utalk.att.com/utalk/board/message?board.id=Uverse_TV_Programming&message.id=5232#M5232

25 of 135 (1,600 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2008 3:59:18 AM
(0)
Expert

spd2demun wrote:

And when they release it we will see all of the happy posts from subscribers when the 2hd streams was rolled out.  People were upset and either threatened to leave or left Uverse.  It takes a little or a lot of time to get the services we want, but Uverse isn't the only place that we have to wait for things to go the way we want.  I haven't heard very many people threatening to and or leaving the United States where we clearly aren't getting the services we not only want but deserve to have.  Just a thought.

spd2demun wrote:

And when they release it we will see all of the happy posts from subscribers when the 2hd streams was rolled out.  People were upset and either threatened to leave or left Uverse.  It takes a little or a lot of time to get the services we want, but Uverse isn't the only place that we have to wait for things to go the way we want.  I haven't heard very many people threatening to and or leaving the United States where we clearly aren't getting the services we not only want but deserve to have.  Just a thought.

26 of 135 (1,600 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2008 4:05:41 AM
(0)
Expert
I feel better now knowing that Dish doesn't have it either...
I feel better now knowing that Dish doesn't have it either...

27 of 135 (1,600 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2008 5:51:29 PM
(0)
Professor

/whispers something about LOT8's..:smileysurprised:

/whispers something about LOT8's..:smileysurprised:

28 of 135 (1,600 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2008 7:58:21 PM
(0)
Scholar

Guess what I saw earlier this evening on the weather channel guys?

They were testing out "Local on the 8's" earlier this evening in the Houston area.

I also saw a radar pop-up when I used the U-Bar earlier as well.

Guess the gods really are listening too.

Sean

Guess what I saw earlier this evening on the weather channel guys?

They were testing out "Local on the 8's" earlier this evening in the Houston area.

I also saw a radar pop-up when I used the U-Bar earlier as well.

Guess the gods really are listening too.

Sean

29 of 135 (1,600 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2008 8:56:48 PM
(0)
Professor

Hey SPD, why don't you set up an overnight recording of TWC to see if you can catch LOT8's in testing?

Hey SPD, why don't you set up an overnight recording of TWC to see if you can catch LOT8's in testing?

30 of 135 (1,600 Views)