For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
mlrjmr's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, June 8th, 2016 1:11 PM

Keeping same phone number

Is there ANY way I can keep same (land-line) phone number when switching from TWC to AT&T? We're moving only 4 miles away but no Time Warner available where we're going.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@mlrjmr - It is intended that your number be portable - That is you want your current number to be ported to att.

An important step is to have the receiving company request the number from the old company. before disconnecting the old service So, you want to tell att to port your existing number as part of your order.

That said, there can be cases where your new location does not support the number you have now. I would thing this would be more likely to apply more to POTS service than U-verse.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@mlrjmr  Yes if you stay in same exchange area, if can still offer same 1st 3 digits of 7# phone # there. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

We had our long time land line number moved to ATT   Voip .  After a few years we decided to switch to cell phones only , verizon said no problem  and now the old number is my cell phone .

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@MarkHamilton wrote:

We had our long time land line number moved to ATT   Voip .  After a few years we decided to switch to cell phones only , verizon said no problem  and now the old number is my cell phone .

@MarkHamilton   Cell phones have different rules. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

That will be our second option if we're in the wrong exchange area to keep our land line #. An ATT rep is working on it and will let me know tomorrow. Thanks!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks so much--this was the kind of info I was seeking.  I copied your solution and gave it to an ATT rep. who is working on it and will let us know tomorrow. Thanks again!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.