Need help with your equipment?
twzgold's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, March 27th, 2013 10:41 PM

Just got uverse today is this normal?

I just got uverse today 12 down 1.5 up the speed seems fine but the ping seems a little high.Using speedtest i checked the next town which is only 50 miles away and my ping is 41ms? Does that sound normal?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

"The next town" could be reached by going across the state and coming back.

If you're using the VDSL2 protocol (RG is a 2WIRE 3600, 3800 or 3801), then there is an inherent additional 10-15 ms in ping due to the interleaving of data between packets (which improves reliability of data transmission), so if you're used to a 26 to 31 ms ping time to the host you're testing against, then I'd say your results are normal.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

11 years ago

I live near the IL/WI state line, and have hte same service as you.  If I test with a server in Chicago I get download rates aroune 11.82 Mbps, and uploads around 1.45 Mbps with a ping time around 40 msec.  If I test with a server about 200 miles away in/near MN, I get download speeds of 11.87Mbps, uploads around 1.48 Mbps, and pings around 32 msec.  The server can make a difference.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

my ping to chicago is 57.Thanks for all the replies just wanted to make sure all sounds normal lol.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Yeah Jeff 3801
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.