For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
member2016-07-19's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, July 19th, 2016 4:31 PM

Is there an industry prize for WORST customer service? Because AT&T should definitely win!

I ordered AT&T internet and landline after being deluged with daily mail for months on how cheap it would be to add these services since I was a Direct TV customer. Silly me. 

I specifically asked to keep my phone number, and was assured this was no problem. 

When the installer arrived, he said they had not gotten permission from my carrier, so they gave me a temporary number. That was June 28. Now, July 18, I am still waiting, after three phone conversations with AT&T of approximately 1 hour each, plus another hour with my previous carrier, to make sure my line was available to be ported. 

What is wrong with these mor*ns? 
Now, I am waiting for the call back from the customer service guy who I was on the line with for 1/2 hour, and then he promised to call back in 20 minutes. That was 30 minutes ago. 
Not holding my breath

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

8 years ago

@member2016-07-19: I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.

As far as "winning" who is the worst loser goes, Comcast and Time warner are often the top of the bottom.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

And how do I reach the "escalation team"?

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

@member2016-07-19 wrote:

And how do I reach the "escalation team"?

@member2016-07-19, you would, as dhascall suggested, send a Private Message.  You will find that "AT&T Customer Care" in that message was a hyperlink to make it easy to send that Private Message.  You could instead click on the blue envelope at the upper right corner of the page and click Compose Message and type "ATTCustomerCare" in to the "Send To" field.

Scholar

• 

289 Messages

8 years ago

The link to customer care is in the first paragraph of dhascall's response to you.

Good luck!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Folks: You all are misunderstanding. I have called on the phone- spent hours on the phone. I have spent hours on chat. And I have sent emails, private and otherwise. 

NO HELP.

AT&T always has one more excuse, one more "can you hold for just a minute" or "we'll call you back in 20 minutes." Nothing works. And they don't cal, back and they don't fix the problem, which is to port my old number to my new u-verse service.

AT&T has the WORST customer service I've experienced in all my 63 years. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

do you people all work for AT& T? because you don't seem to understand that I have contacted AT&T by every method: phone, chat, email, public shaming, etc.

Nothing works. My phone number still does not work.

AT&T is without doubt one of the most incompetent, and customer UN-freindly companies I have ever experienced. Really regretting switching. Total fail.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

@member2016-07-19 wrote:

do you people all work for AT& T? ...

No.

@member2016-07-19 wrote:

...because you don't seem to understand that I have contacted AT&T by every method: phone, chat, email, public shaming, ...

Phone: Avoid, unless problem is simple and you need immediate action.

Chat: Definitely avoid, under no circumstances is this a good avenue.

Email: There isn't a support e-mail address, so no wonder.

Public Shaming: May or may not work.

Sending Private Message to Escalation group:  Works great for me.  If you'd have tried it, you could have an opinion about it.  But since you'd rather just talk about other avenues that don't work...

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

And yes, I did send a private message..... I'll let you know if I get a response that helps. So far they have asked for my cell phone number.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Finally, number ported after hours on the phone, emails, and calls to various AT&T people. Number ported sometime on 7-26.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.