Need help with your equipment?
jpinsticks's profile

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

Friday, November 30th, 2012 8:27 PM

Is pcBrowser.exe or mcci+McciBrowser the culprit?

Within the last week after booting up I have an IE window appear stating that the webpage cannot be displayed.  The name of the webpage is not given (naturally).  The only identifying feature is the ATT globe logo.

Checking the processes in Task Manager before and after closing the mysterious miscreant module I can identify pcBrowser and mcci+McciBrowser as the possible culprits.

Searching the web I found that it comes from Alcatel-Lucent.

Looking in the Startup Tab of msconfig.exe, the execution line is:

C:Program Files\ATT-SST\pcBrowser.exe -Appkey=ATT-SST -URL=file://C:\Program Files\ATT-SST\OfflineUpdate\redirector.htm

It doesn't seem to cause any other problems that I can see.  Just a nuisance with which I shouldn't have to bother.

Anyone have any ideas?

One possibly related issue, is that many (but not all) times when the ATT troubleshooter tries to go on line it says something about a server timeout.

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I would un-install it completely if it's causing issues.  You don't really need it.  If you want to use it just use the on-line version.

http://www.att.com/ufix

Access Online

Visit att.com/ufix and use the online version of
the tool to troubleshoot and fix your High Speed
Internet service issues in a snap.

You'll need your member ID and password to access the tool.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I would uninstall the AT&T Troubleshooter, test for proper operation and if it clears the problem then try to re-load the program and test again.  Maybe the program has something corrupt causing your issue.

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

11 years ago

@BeeBeeSA wrote:

I would uninstall the AT&T Troubleshooter, test for proper operation and if it clears the problem then try to re-load the program and test again.  Maybe the program has something corrupt causing your issue.

Thanks for the response BeeBeeSA.

I downloaded and re-installed the Troubleshooter and it still gives me the same problem.  I first uninstalled my existing Troubleshooter, rebooted and the errant page did not appear.  After installing the new Troubleshooter and rebooting, the problem came back.  Everything else with the Troubleshooter "seems" to be O.K.

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

11 years ago

I need to pay more attention... I've seen ufix but didn't delve into what was involved in that.
Thanks BeeBeeSA!!!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.