Brian80's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, June 3rd, 2014 7:18 AM

Is HD being provided? It's what I'm paying for

Hi so I noticed that my picture quality is far below par. I researched my tv (1080i); I made sure the receiver was set to HD; and I ran a few stress tests on my tv using both the att program and a couple other private programs. All checked out good to go except that I still was not actually GETTING HD. So I researched the issue and found that apparently not all the time the HD channels deliver HD TV... I don't know about anyone else, but I pay an extra $10 to get the HD. I don't pay $10 a month to SOMETIMES get HD. If that was the case, I would only pay $10 SOME of the time... This is a simple clear cut case of false advertising deliberately misleading the customers to believe HD is always on these extra channels. If I asked 'NBC on your side' to investigate this, what would they turn up? [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

I have also yet to receive the gift cards that I was told I'd receive for signing up even though I claimed them and called to ask about. I have also had to cancel fox soccer channel because it only shows rugby. All of this is adding up to a very interesting story... 

Would any at&t rep rep care to respond? I work longer hours than nearly all of the people who CAN answer these questions so HERE is the forum, apparently...

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I don't have an option for resolution, or at least not one I can find. Under System I have: Accessibility, Setup, Menu Language, Smart Control Settings and Remote Setup. I looked in each of those and didn't see anything about resolution. I do have the cable plugged into HDMI 1 slot on the TV,  and there is only one slot to plug anything in to the cable box, which does say HDMI.

Wonder why I have no option to change the resolution? It's a brand new Samsung Smart TV, model 6350. I read up on it before I bought and it got excellent reviews for picture quality. There's a tiny LG TV in another room and it gets a better picture.

ETA I am looking online for info about the TV and hit the 12x720/60p ! No wonder the picture's not good! Maybe I need to program the remote, but I didn't think that would be necessary.

Help!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

I think there is a layer missinhg -
Menu
Options - far right on top
system options
TV screen Res

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

You are correct, and I finally figured it out, somehow. Thank you so much for your help! 🙂

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

You shouldn't HAVE to pay more for HD - that's what is coming into the box. EVERYTHING is produced in HD, they have to process it to go to SD. Ridiculous. Remember, AT&T used to charge a fee for TouchTone when they were actually saving millions not having to maintain the mechanical rotary interchanges.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.